New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  19:40:28  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
I've begun working on a complex image, starting with the album cover artwork from the Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club." If -- and I must say if -- this works out, it'll be an SFN version of that famous image, and will be posted in our fora.

I've begun by placing a few Members or their avatars in the foreground. I'll place more as time allows. I'll also be collecting images of historical skeptics, for the background. I'll try to keep the same basic arrangement as on the album cover.

Problem is, there are few images of Members in the profiles for me to work with. If you want to keep you likeness private, fine. But if you want a chance to have your mug on this new pic, please post an image of yourself in your profile, and don't forget to let me know you did.

You can use ImageShack to host your image for free, and without registration.

Thank you!

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  20:27:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Wow! What will you call it?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  20:56:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Since you and one or two old-timers won't supply "real" current pix, I'm putting a bust of Kil in the flowery foreground. The central drum says, "Sgt. Glücker's Skeptic Friends Network."

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  21:32:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Look at my profile: I'm not an "old-timer," just the editor and madly prolific. Besides that, you've got the best current photo of me that I've got, already. But I like your title, regardless.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  21:39:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Thanks, Dave, but I have no idea who's who in that photo! I asked, nobody told.

Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  21:46:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Kil did.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  21:47:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Kil did too:
In the second picture, from left to right is H. Humbert, Ricky, Dave, Boron 10, and Cuneiformist.
All from the caption to its original publication (hence my joke about "I think I've already won").

Which reminds me, I should be working on the Summary right now...

Edited to add that since H. snuck in 71 seconds before me, my "Kil did too" does not use "too" in its "also" meaning, but in its schoolyard "did too!" meaning.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  22:03:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by H. Humbert

quote:

Kil did.

Darn, missed that last line of Kil's. Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  22:26:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Thanks, guys. Now I have more faces to play with, not to mention the fact that putting that baby's head on bodies was beginning to creep me out.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  22:36:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

...putting that baby's head on bodies was beginning to creep me out.
It creeped me out the first time I did it, and it's my head!

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  01:25:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Do you realize how many heads there are on that Beatles album cover? A shitload, is how many. I may have to start just pasting creepy baby heads on half of 'em, or I'll never finish.

Just this one downsized preview as a hint at what I'm doing. I must be a quarter finished, if that. I have to replace all the many remaining famous people and replace them with a bunch of skeptic schlubs, old and new.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.