Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  18:12:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Okay, fixed the "pit" images. Here's the forum-sized version of the SFN NASCAR pit. (I had to keep it smallish, as it would otherwise mess up the forum's formatting.)

For those of you who might like to see greater detail, try this link for a BIG (1,787 pixels wide) image:

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/7413/sfnpit1787ds0.jpg

Good one, Moon.

Kurt Busch is actually a good driver. Although I found his benching last year to be somewhat humerous for suspicion of DUI considering he now drives the Miller Beer car.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  18:33:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
kilbot. Love it.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  18:55:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
You really do have to look at the picture blown up... Really cool!!!

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  19:03:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Okay, now I've seen something even more freaky than this.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  19:06:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

Okay, now I've seen something even more freaky than this.

LOL

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  21:07:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
There are five faces of people here, stolen from these pages, plus four logos or text references to Members. One person was referenced in both text and face. (Can anyone name all the faces?)

No attempt to be complete was made. I just took easy opportunities as I saw them.

[Edit: Added emphasis.]

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 11/19/2006 00:08:52
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  23:21:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Just in case you need more faces:

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  00:07:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Thanks, Ricky! I'd forgotten about the photo from the DC meet. Now, who's who in that one?

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  00:13:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Now, who's who in that one?
Is this another contest? I think I've already won.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  00:24:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Naw, I just needed the DC photo names, in case I ever did another spoof. The contest is to identify the five people in the SFN Pit Crew travesty.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  03:26:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
A sobering photo, the final one for tonight at least:

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  06:25:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
I knew there was more than one good reason to be agnostic!

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  09:25:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Okay. In the first pict, I see Dave, H. Humbert, some one I don't recognize and me. So I seem to be missing at least one face. In the text I see @tomic, myself, a troll (possibly ergo, and a couple of persons avatar's that I would have to do a search for to see who those belongs to. So I am missing some of what is there too I guess.

In the second picture, from left to right is H. Humbert, Ricky, Dave, Boron 10, and Cuneiformist.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  10:55:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Fair job, Kil! Three out of five may be fair, but you are still missing two names for faces. (The Troll, being generic, doesn't count.) If anyone could get those last two, it ought to have been you.

Of the two little logos that you could not identify, at least one is probably not large enough, anyway. That one is a little cartoon of a no-neck, running, bearded caveman; someone's profile "portrait," not their avatar. The small sizes are why I didn't include them as part of the (informal, un-prized) contest.

One problem many of you may encounter is that there are a couple of clear faces which I left untouched, of the real pit crew people from the original photo.

Also, the face of one of those who is yet unidentified is partly obscured, as it was in that person's profile photo. The other person's actual gender does not match the body to which I have attached that person's face. (I mean to imply nothing from from that, I was just too lazy and inept to attempt a full sex-change.)

Lastly, of the two unidentified people, one's a Mod, the other a regular poster. Both of my sources were from their profile pages.

Hints enough for now.

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  12:20:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Mooner:
Fair job, Kil! Three out of five may be fair, but you are still missing two names for faces. (The Troll, being generic, doesn't count.) If anyone could get those last two, it ought to have been you.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.