Welcome!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  11:54:37  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
We're still working on the title.

But now HalfMooner will have to keep writing 'em.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2006 :  20:15:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

We're still working on the title.

But now HalfMooner will have to keep writing 'em.

My sincere thanks to you, Dave, and to and all of SFN, for this opportunity! I really appreciate your having moved my existing stuff to the new forum, especially as I'm in a bit of a dry spell at the moment.

Sometimes, I'll be writing this stuff as fast as I can turn the ideas into text and graphics, but other times those ideas just aren't there. I don't understand why this is the case. Perhaps the Muse of Humor has a nasty streak? Or maybe the kind of compulsive writing spell I get into just isn't sustainable? Right now, I'm working on a single story, but even I feel the premise is a bit lame. Hopefully, I can fix that...

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2006 :  20:33:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Ah, you're choking under the pressure, I see.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2006 :  22:35:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:

I must say it's a damned sight better to choke under pressure that in its absence, don't you think?

Go to Top of Page

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  00:10:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

quote:

I must say it's a damned sight better to choke under pressure that in its absence, don't you think?

I was looking at "damned sight better" and thinking there was something wrong, with either the spelling or grammar, but it's actually neither. It's just one of those phrases that I hear all the time, but rarely (in my little universe anyway) see written.

I did a quick google search, and the closest I found was this, but it's hardly satisfying. Has anyone got any (damned sight) better ideas?

Excuse my somewhat OT ramblings. Well done on your articles to date Halfmooner, I'm looking forward to more. Very onion-esque.

John's just this guy, you know.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  01:31:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
There seems to be some mysterious synchronicity at work here.

You'll notice that in my first made-for-this-forum article, the Discovery Institute missed the "damned site."

Then there's the fact that the earthwork dam site above my home began leaking today, then broke open and flooded me out.

Also (this one is true!), I've been having trouble with my damn sight, due to the fact that a lens from my glasses has fallen out, and I cannot find it. Picture me discovering a missing lens by when I poked my eye while adjusting my specs. I suspect the lens fell out during one of my scooter rides. The crummy vision has been driving me nuts, but I've got an appointment at Lenscrafters (not that damn Site for Sore Eyes) tomorrow to fix the problem.

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2006 :  22:00:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
This is a fun little addition.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  05:46:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

This is a fun little addition.

Thank you, B.! I very much appreciate that.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  09:21:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by JohnOAS

quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

quote:

I was looking at "damned sight better" and thinking there was something wrong, with either the spelling or grammar, but it's actually neither. It's just one of those phrases that I hear all the time, but rarely (in my little universe anyway) see written.

I did a quick google search, and the closest I found was this, but it's hardly satisfying. Has anyone got any (damned sight) better ideas?

Excuse my somewhat OT ramblings. Well done on your articles to date Halfmooner, I'm looking forward to more. Very onion-esque.

Grammer is ok, it just isn't used much in writing. When I use it, or something similar, I do it: "A damn' sight," which is pretty much the way it is spoken.

I too, enjoy the articles. Well done, 'mooner!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  16:04:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Thanks, Fil!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.