Creation/Evolution
 IDist whining about Dover...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2006 :  18:13:20  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message
So, how many are surprised?
http://www.geocities.com/adaniels700/UnintelligentRulingOnID.html

Thought so. The author of that "article" is trying to defend himself on Theology Web. Good sodding luck.

Weren't the IDists on Dembski's blog bragging that since the judge was appointed by Bush, that they'd have this case all wrapped up?

I remember Reggie "Infidel Guy" interviewing Dr. Barbara Forrest, one of the pro-science witnesses in that trial, and she mentioned that. Kind of shoots down this guy's premise, don't you think?

EDIT: Someone at TWEB has listed the responses to the Discover Institute's whining about the case, which the guy I first posted basically had repeated.

EDIT 2: For the hell of it, here's an article by Barbara Forrest: The Vise Strategy Undone.

(I'd like to put in more commentary, but I'm still stuck using a library computer! Sucks... )

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

Edited by - the_ignored on 12/18/2006 18:40:39

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2006 :  18:55:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message
Jesus obviously isn't the only one able to turn water into whine.

John's just this guy, you know.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2006 :  19:06:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by the_ignored

Thought so. The author of that "article" is trying to defend himself on Theology Web. Good sodding luck.

Weren't the IDists on Dembski's blog bragging that since the judge was appointed by Bush, that they'd have this case all wrapped up?

I remember Reggie "Infidel Guy" interviewing Dr. Barbara Forrest, one of the pro-science witnesses in that trial, and she mentioned that. Kind of shoots down this guy's premise, don't you think?

EDIT: Someone at TWEB has listed the responses to the Discover Institute's whining about the case, which the guy I first posted basically had repeated.

EDIT 2: For the hell of it, here's an article by Barbara Forrest: The Vise Strategy Undone.

(I'd like to put in more commentary, but I'm still stuck using a library computer! Sucks... )

Good luck indeed! That bunch at TWeb are Bible literalist, 6-dayers.

I expect that they'll be pissing and moaning about the Dover decision for a good, long time. And as failures continue to mount, they'll become very good at it. Cries of discrimination are really all they have; their science certainly won't support them.

What galls me about thr whole thing is the time they cost the courts and witnesses, and the resources they cost the taxpayer.

On t'other hand, it's great low comedy.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2006 :  19:10:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by the_ignored

One look at the unintelligent home page of the author, also known as "Gospel Answers", will tell you all you need to know about his understanding of science. Worried about demons? Check out Doctrines of Demons:
Satan's Got a Brand New Bag
. Yep, he's one scientificky sumbitch.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

Ghost_Skeptic
SFN Regular

Canada
510 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2006 :  01:01:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ghost_Skeptic a Private Message
This expert from this IDufus' screed reminded of Mark Twains commentary on the history of the earth and of humanity.

quote:
"Whether one accepts or rejects the design hypothesis, whether one thinks of the designer as the Greek world soul or the Hebrew God, there is no avoiding the conclusion that the world looks as if it has been uniquely tailored for life: it appears to have been designed. All reality appears to be a vast, coherent, teleological whole with life and mankind as its purpose and goal." (Nature's Destiny, p. 387, Free Press, 1998).

Mark Twain compared the age the earth to the Eifel Tower (using Lord Kelvin's estimate of 300 million years for the age of the earth) and came to the conclusion that the human civilation was equivelant to the skin of paint on the knob on top of the Eifel tower. He concluded with how "obvious" it was that that skin of paint was the reason the Eifel tower was built.

These anthropic clowns must know the squar root of zilch about astronomy or be intellectually icapable of understanding how big the Universe is. It is both incredibly arrogant and absurd to think that the whole shebang was constructed so a bunch of talking primates could run rampant across some dinky little planet in a spiral arm of some obscure galaxy.

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. / You can send a kid to college but you can't make him think." - B.B. King

History is made by stupid people - The Arrogant Worms

"The greater the ignorance the greater the dogmatism." - William Osler

"Religion is the natural home of the psychopath" - Pat Condell

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter" - Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  17:40:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message
It gets worse: Check out Dembski's blog agian, about that flash animation:
http://www.uncommondescent.com/archives/1875

quote:
Calm yourselves everybody. An enhanced flatulent version is being worked on at this very moment. I will make it available. I do want to say this for the record, however. Many people regard the flatulent version as unsophisticated and even infantile. I want to suggest that in this postmodern age the flatulence in this animation actually serves as a sophisticated rhetorical device that mirrors the subtext of flatulence that runs throughout Judge Jones's decision.

Ah. Here's a reply by Kenneth Miller!

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Edited by - the_ignored on 12/21/2006 17:46:00
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  18:55:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
the ignored:
Ah. Here's a reply by Kenneth Miller!

Oh hey, just another reason why I am such a fan of Kenneth Miller...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.