Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2006 :  05:07:39  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message

Contrary to conventional wisdom, helping people pays big

Malibu, December 26, 2006 (NPS) -- Former Vermont cab driver Enis Pennvey relaxes in his opulent new Malibu home, next to his smashingly beautiful blond actress girlfriend. He talks about his run-in with a so-called "Nigerian Letter," and how it made him the wealthy man he is today.

"They tell you to watch out for these people from Nigeria and Côte d'Ivoire who email you with their sob stories about how they have millions in inherited wealth, and just need a little help getting to it. There's always this little catch, where you need to send them some money, first. And that's where, we are warned, the ripoff takes place. Well, let me tell ya, don't listen to that alarmist bullshit. Just look around at all this stuff I own now!"

Pennvey isn't losing weight on the food
his personal Cordon Bleu chef cooks!

"I sent the poor Nigerian bastard a couple grand to prime the pump. So he was finally able to get his hundred mil out of the bank, and then he sent me ten million of it. Just like that. One thing you can count upon in life is that if you do someone a good turn, something wonderful will happen to you."

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 12/26/2006 06:09:19

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  01:28:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Did you change this title or did I just notice it because of my "Dear Friend" PM? Or did you just reuse the image?

Edited by - beskeptigal on 12/27/2006 01:29:33
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  01:54:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

Did you change this title or did I just notice it because of my "Dear Friend" PM? Or did you just reuse the image?

New story, just reused the Enis Pennvey "apocalytoes" image. Only afterwards did I think of an excuse for using it again, thus the caption. The "Nigerian Letter" from con-man David77 made me think of the story. I was online at the time he sent it to me, and had the story up within five or ten minutes.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.