New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  21:12:59  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message
It's a dog-eat-dog world down here on terrafirma.
Do you feel at times you need to soar like an eagle to get away from it all? Maybe some day you'll be able to strap on a set of these wings and take that flying leap you've always wanted to take.

http://www.jet-man.com/actuel_eng.html#

Play the video at the top; then the video about half way down the page.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  21:55:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Need one of those, once it'll do about a half-hour of flight. Way cool.

Of course, it's still a "flying [machine] in which men lock themselves in," it's just really, really small.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  00:14:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Gotta love a jet plane that uses a human being as landing gear. It actually uses tiny turbojet engines, something I had no idea even existed, outside of the movie, "Rocketman." To me, the engines are the key breakthrough.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  03:46:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
While this looks like a lovely and exciting way to do all sorts of interesting, orthopedic modifications to your limbs, I think I'd have to give it a miss. What if you flew too close to the Sun? It's happened, you know...

"Icarus, my son, I charge you to keep at a moderate height, for if you fly too low the damp will clog your wings, and if too high the heat will melt them. Keep near me and you will be safe."

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  04:49:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message
Also here's a fellow who straps two mini jets near his feet and "flys" without a wing on his back. (More like a prolonged somewhat semi-horizontal free fall.)
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  07:18:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
And then there is the story of that legendary genius who strapped a JATO bottle to his Chevy, overshot the levy, and didn't stop until he smeared himself all over the side of a cliff.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.