Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  20:28:10  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
Update on Ken Ham's museum of the big myth, due to open May 28, in Petersburg, Kentucky...
quote Yahoo! News:
Dinosaurs, Humans Coexist in U.S. Creation Museum

While foreign media and science critics have mostly come to snigger at exhibits explaining how baby dinosaurs fit on Noah's Ark and Cain married his sister to people the earth, museum spokesman and vice-president Mark Looy said the coverage has done nothing but drum up more interest.

"Mocking publicity is free publicity," Looy said. Besides, U.S. media have been more respectful, mindful perhaps of a 2006 Gallup Poll showing almost half of Americans believe that humans did not evolve, but were created by God in their present form within the last 10,000 years.

Looy said supporters of the museum include evangelical Christians, Orthodox Jews and conservative Catholics, as well as the local Republican congressman, Geoff Davis, and his family, who have toured the site.

[. . .]

Still, Looy is upfront about the museum's mission: to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with nonbelievers.

"I think a lot of people are going to come out of curiosity ... and we're going to present the Gospel. This is going to be an evangelistic center," Looy said. A chaplain has been hired for museum-goers in need of spiritual guidance.
Okay, maybe this should go in the humor section.

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  20:45:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
This is fascinatingly embarrassing for America. Hey, let's just say this is damned exotic Aussie influence!

Ham says:
quote:
Ham, an Australian who moved to America 20 years ago, believes creationists could have presented a better case at the Scopes trail if they'd been better educated -- but he's not among those pushing for creation to be taught in school.
Funny! Some education Ham has -- he doesn't even seem to know that Creationists won at Scopes! (Nor, apparently, does the piece's author.)

A Flat Earth has every bit as much inerrant Biblical authority behind it as does Ham's Young Earth Creationism. I'd love to see some skeptics open a Flat Earth Museum, to showcase all the idiocy that has been believed in during past ages.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  21:06:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

This is fascinatingly embarrassing for America. Hey, let's just say this is damned exotic Aussie influence!

No dice!

In fact NQSASFEARP (Not Quite Secret Australian Society For Extraditing All Raving Psychotics) held a secret ballot, decided he had to go, and used one of those flashing red devices from MIB and convinced him that it was all his own idea.

You can keep him!

You didn't hear this from me. Now, look closely at your monitor....

John's just this guy, you know.
Edited by - JohnOAS on 01/14/2007 21:07:28
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  22:10:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Fine reply, John!

Hey, for the theater Ham's going to have, perhaps this movie poster would be appropriate?:

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  22:30:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
Coultergeist isn't nearly that well proportioned or shapely.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  22:45:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dude

Coultergeist isn't nearly that well proportioned or shapely.

Quite right, but I didn't feel like trying to replace Raquel Welch's nice bod with that stick figure.

(BTW, Raquel, then Jo Raquel Tejada, grew up a few miles from me in San Diego. She's about my sister's age, 5 years older than I am, so was born about 1940. She went to a Catholic high school, St. Rita's, I think. My sis met her in those days. My sister remembers that whenever Raquel walked into a room, the whole room would go dead silent, and all the males present would go gaga, even then.)

Edited by - HalfMooner on 01/15/2007 02:44:05
Go to Top of Page

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  22:49:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message
Maybe you can use that device John to wipe my memory of coulter and any consequent images associated with Dudes post.

Facts! Pssh, you can prove anything even remotely true with facts.
- Homer Simpson

[God] is an infinite nothing from nowhere with less power over our universe than the secretary of agriculture.
- Prof. Frink

Lisa: Yes, but wouldn't you rather know the truth than to delude yourself for happiness?
Marge: Well... um.... [goes outside to jump on tampoline with Homer.]
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  22:51:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Just don't make me forget Raquel!

Raquel, then and now.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 01/14/2007 23:20:21
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  23:58:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
It's the now horribly-ingrained association between Raquel and Coulter that I want erased from my memory.

Don't think I'll forget this, HalfMooner, you jerk-wad.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  00:37:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Just to show I feel your pain, Dave, this ought to completely override that dreadful association between Ann Coulter and Raquel Welch that presently obsesses you. It did for me:

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  00:44:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Now, I am going to have nightmares.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  01:18:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
At least they won't be about Ms. Coulter. (Talk about a dry dream!)

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  01:34:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Aaaaack!! On the U WA TV (fortunately the Dantz lecture series and not the science forum series), they had some native American rambling on for a hour about how if people would just survey rock and cave pictures, they'd find enough dinosaur depictions to prove they co-existed with people. What an idiot.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  02:40:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
I suspect that Native American is nothing but a fundy in moccasins.

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  06:01:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:

Just don't make me forget Raquel!

i just went gaga...

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  08:23:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

I suspect that Native American is nothing but a fundy in moccasins.
There was, years ago, a Native American TV evangelist who actually said that he'll know when God forgives Him because God will turn him white (as in caucasian).

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.