Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Religion
 Rapture Ready idiot gets smacked down at fstdt...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  18:35:57  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message
All the necessary comments and refutations are on this page.

Unbelievable the "theories" these people come up with, eh?

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

Edited by - the_ignored on 01/31/2007 18:49:21

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  18:50:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Good grief...

quote:

The only thing holding this nation together is our relationship with Israel. God said to Abraham, "I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee" (Gen 12:3). There is a natural enmity between the followers of Mohammad and the Jewish state, which is mostly spiritual in nature. I truly believe it be would suicide for our nation to have a leader who is even remotely connected to Islam.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  20:08:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
It's worse than that, Ig-- as MediaMatters has shown, not only is the lie about Obama made up, the right-wing shills who came up with the story also fabricated the source. As the "Rapture Ready" moron mindlessly parrots, Obama's past ties to Islamic schools "is the question Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's camp is asking..." But this is a lie. It's a double whammy on the part of the right-wing smear team-- first, they try to link Obama to Islam, and then they try to hammer home their narrative about Clinton for 2008-- that she's an icy back-stabbing, calculating politician who'll do anything to get into the White House.

Watch these narratives in news reports throughout the campaign from both the right-wing echo chamber and the "liberal" mainstream press. And then watch the dupes who follow Rush, Hannity, etc., repeat the lies to anyone who'll listen (and even to those who won't)...
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  20:16:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Even Joe McCarthy finally made one false accusation too many. That was his downfall. These folks are desperate to grab any lie that fits their agenda. But this one backfired big time.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Ghost_Skeptic
SFN Regular

Canada
510 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  11:54:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ghost_Skeptic a Private Message
I am eagerly awaiting the day when a Moonscape News item gets picked up and disseminated by the lazy and gullible media.

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. / You can send a kid to college but you can't make him think." - B.B. King

History is made by stupid people - The Arrogant Worms

"The greater the ignorance the greater the dogmatism." - William Osler

"Religion is the natural home of the psychopath" - Pat Condell

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter" - Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  14:12:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Perhaps I'm alone on this one, but I didn't find anything really notable about this, at least from a fstdt perspective. There were two decent comments:

quote:
You do wonder what held the nation together before Israel existed ...

quote:
Damned right, Todd. You can't be too careful. My wife stepped out of the shower the other night and wrapped a towel around her head. I belted her one, of course.

But other than that, nothing really out of the ordinary for fstdt. I'm not saying that it wasn't a quote fully worthy of being presented on fstdt, only that I think there are a lot better ones, both funny and depressing, out there.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  15:24:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message
And funny and depressing at the same time, mind. I always view FSTDT as a sort of mental SM. On the one hand the idiocy of many of the posts placed there is extremely funny. On the other hand I find it extremely painfull to realize that these comments where actually made by organisms that belong to the same species as me.

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
-Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll-
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  17:02:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ghost_Skeptic

I am eagerly awaiting the day when a Moonscape News item gets picked up and disseminated by the lazy and gullible media.

Oh, I am, too. Such instant celebrity that would be! LOL!

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.