Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Religion
 Exorcisim... Spat out a transistor Radio!?!??
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2002 :  14:07:03  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
I would like to have seen that.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/020218/64/1gqy2.html

f

"Don't tell me your doubts; I've got enough doubts of my own. Tell me something you BELIEVE in!"
Brother Dave Gardner

Lars_H
SFN Regular

Germany
630 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2002 :  19:29:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lars_H a Private Message
Logic thinker that I am I would think, that if someone was actually observed spitting out parts of a transitor radio he probably ate one.

Does the Pope really belive in people being possed by the devil? Do his millions of followers honestly belive him? Is this the man people listen when it comes to abortions and the imporatnce of not using condoms?

Well next time you see a ghost you know:
Who you gonna call

Go to Top of Page

Lisa
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2002 :  19:45:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lisa a Private Message
Could someone be pulling Reuter's leg on this one? It sounds like something the Onion would dream up, just to see who'd fall for it.
Lisa

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2002 :  01:59:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Pretty fantastic, ain't it?

I got the impression that the writer was just standing around talking to these people, like a bunch of sailors telling sea-stories. Priests and popes are people, too, as are writers. People have been known to (ahem) 'modify' the facts to get a better story.

The unhappy and hilarious part of it all is that every word will be believed by the faithful, and you'll be a heretic if you don't take it seriously.

f

"Don't tell me your doubts; I've got enough doubts of my own. Tell me something you BELIEVE in!"
Brother Dave Gardner
Go to Top of Page

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2002 :  03:18:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
Actually seeing the Pope be physically able to perform an exorcism would be a goddamn miracle if you ask me. Have you ever seen the guy, I'm sure he is about 132 years old.

"Damn you people. Go back to your shanties." --- Shooter McGavin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.