New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

MuhammedGoldstein
BANNED

201 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  17:06:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send MuhammedGoldstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

Originally posted by MuhammedGoldstein

Originally posted by bngbuck

The Goldstein Variations.....

I've not received so much as a nice Moo Goo Gai Pan from you Friends.
I'll pop for a bagel with fried Hilib geyl (that's a kosher camelburger), if you will carefully write down exactly what your victory has been and particularly what it means for the study of Biology!
Defeating a crew of these skeptics was great fun, though they lacked in intellect - something which would have been welcome, certainly.

When I think of other skeptics, I know some who have what it takes.

None of these are it. Compare a filthy with a Beleth.

oooh, that is bad; a slug compared to a lion.

so it's not that much of a victory to me , more a loss for them.

so my victory means nothing for biology, any good scientist would, or any reasonable person could, know this already.
Again my point is made; you are here only to disrupt. But hey, we've seen it all before and you're not even very good at that. It is to laugh.

Who is Beleth?

it's wasted on you, if you don't know

It does mention phenotype, just without using the word "phenotype."... DAVEW
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  17:11:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some kind of math loving demon.
Not sure what he meant to say.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  17:45:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by bngbuck

The Goldstein Variations.....

I've not received so much as a nice Moo Goo Gai Pan from you Friends.
I'll pop for a bagel with fried Hilib geyl (that's a kosher camelburger), if you will carefully write down exactly what your victory has been and particularly what it means for the study of Biology!
Defeating a crew of these skeptics was great fun, though they lacked in intellect - something which would have been welcome, certainly.

When I think of other skeptics, I know some who have what it takes.

None of these are it. Compare a filthy with a Beleth.

oooh, that is bad; a slug compared to a lion.

so it's not that much of a victory to me , more a loss for them.

so my victory means nothing for biology, any good scientist would, or any reasonable person could, know this already.
Again my point is made; you are here only to disrupt. But hey, we've seen it all before and you're not even very good at that. It is to laugh.

Who is Beleth?

it's wasted on you, if you don't know
So you're just making shit up, then? You have nothing and are making shit up..... We've seen that one before as well.

I thought you said something about gibbering off to more welcome pastures with the evidence of our presumed ignorance to toss about like a bride's maid with a handfull of rice. I now suspect that you've been banned from them all for your behavior, no longer have such refuges, and are lying about them too.

You should get down on your knees and humbly thank the moderators of SFN for their patience. Anywhere else and you'd been out on your ass half way through the first "Haircut." Yeesh, what an abortion that one was, and #2 is no improvement!

But as luck would have it, it's a bit more difficult to get banned here (after all, I'm still around) but some few have managed it. Either the mods, like myself, find you amusing or you're not really trying.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  17:53:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Simon

Some kind of math loving demon.
Not sure what he meant to say.
Thanks for clearing that up. No wonder I couldn't put a face to an only vaguely familiar name. So he is indeed making shit up and using misleading context to do it.

Damn, this guy's more fun than pickin' a pig & tappin' a keg at a biker party.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  18:04:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I didn't put up the example of moths, though DAVE.
I wasn't talking about the moths either, Muhammed.

But it doesn't matter.

You said about yourself:
...one lonely troll.
And you said about yourself:
...trolling...
And you said about yourself:
I'm not more than a poor half bind pc illiterate troll...
The SFN staff has decided that the plain-English meaning of your words is that you are admitting to trolling, and so we don't need to waste time with official warnings. You're banned.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  18:05:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Sorry. He was starting to suck up too much moderation effort.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  18:57:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

To put it mildly.

Honestly, it was only a matter of time. He was-- as has been noted in public and private-- very much like Jerome. He didn't start out as obnoxious as our gnomish friend did, but he quickly became so.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  19:19:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

I understand.

A pity though, he was evolving so nicely into a skeptic's toy. Indeed, I think I dectected just a hint of hysteria, there toward the last.

Say, I wonder if he's stupid enough to try and run a sock.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Paulos23
Skeptic Friend

USA
446 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  19:37:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Paulos23's Homepage Send Paulos23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was wondering how long he would last after he said he was a troll.

You can go wrong by being too skeptical as readily as by being too trusting. -- Robert A. Heinlein

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2008 :  05:04:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, now that our Bash the Troll game has reached it's ultimate and predictable conclusion, we can get back to topic. Here's the Thumb's take on it as written by Richard B. Hoppe:
Dueling Blurbs: Collins vs. Coulter

By Richard B. Hoppe on June 14, 2008 12:40 PM | 30 Comments | 0 TrackBacks

Some years ago Bill Dembski wrote that “Design theorists are no friends of theistic evolution.” The italics were in the original. Thursday Dembski reinforced that assertion while commenting on Ken Miller's new book Only a Theory: Evolution and the Battle for America's Soul. Dembski's post is titled Theistic Evolutionists Close Ranks: Let the Bloodletting Begin!

It turns out that Dembski also has a new book coming out called Understanding Intelligent Design: Everything You Need to Know in Plain Language. His co-author is Sean McDowell, the head of the Bible Department at Capistrano Valley Christian Schools. (Nope, ain't no religion here!)

What caught my eye in Dembski's post was his juxtaposition of blurbs for Miller's book and his own.

Miller's book is blurbed by Francis Collins:
And so forth.

It looks to me like Dembski's really beginning to suck wind. I rather think that he'd be better off to just abandon that "intelligent design" shuck and go to being the overly-religious nutjob that he actually is.

It might be interesting to see how well his newest bit of drivel sells.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds.