"American Family" Swaps "Homosexual" for "Gay"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2008 :  04:37:41  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hat tip to RationalWiki for this one. (This could have as easily gone in "humor.")

It seems that the American Family Association (which is neither of the first two words of its name) has banned the use of the word, "gay" in its news site, "OneNewsNow." These bigots reject this word, and substitute, "homosexual" in all useage. Automatically, using software.

So one can imagine the silly results.

According the Washington Post, OneNewsNow ran their "processed" AP sports story about an athlete who has qualified for the Beijing Olympics:
Tyson Homosexual was a blur in blue, sprinting 100 meters faster than anyone ever has.

His time of 9.68 seconds at the U.S. Olympic trials Sunday doesn't count as a world record, because it was run with the help of a too-strong tailwind. Here's what does matter: Homosexual qualified for his first Summer Games team and served notice he's certainly someone to watch in Beijing.

"It means a lot to me," the 25-year-old Homosexual said. "I'm glad my body could do it, because now I know I have it in me."

Tyson Homosexual

Nobody could make up anything funnier or more damning about fundies than the stuff they do themselves.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 07/07/2008 04:45:05

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2008 :  04:50:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read about that the other day and chuckled well into the evening. It just goes to prove that taking the easy way isn't always the smart way. But then, "smart" is a descriptive word that only occasionally & often accidently, applies to these folks.

The possibilities are extensive, for instance: Zorro the Gay Blade, The Gay Cabellro, having a gay old time, dancing gaily at the ball, and so forth.

I wonder if Mr. Homosexual Gay, who was unfortunately injured at a track meet day before yesterday, will take them to task over it.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2008 :  09:27:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Hat tip to RationalWiki for this one. (This could have as easily gone in "humor.")

It seems that the American Family Association (which is neither of the first two words of its name) has banned the use of the word, "gay" in its news site, "OneNewsNow." These bigots reject this word, and substitute, "homosexual" in all useage. Automatically, using software.

So one can imagine the silly results...

And here's a few more that come to mind:

"Pilot George Henry Homosexual, the only survivor from Torpedo Squadron 8 flying from the carrier Hornet during the Battle of Midway, 4 June , 1942, was awarded the Navy Cross and the Presidential Unit Citation for his actions in the battle."

"The Enola Homosexual is the name of a B-29 bomber that dropped the first atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan on 6 August 1945."

"Fundamentalist minister Marvin Homosexual Sr. (1914 – 1998) killed his son, the famed singer Marvin Homosexuale Jr. (1939 – 1984)"

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.