Metal Wires Come From Tummy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Coat Of Arms
Skeptic Friend

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  06:17:04  Show Profile Send Coat Of Arms a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Mysticism is one of the biggest mystery in east.. Just like what i've seen by my own, when metal wires coming out from a woman's stomach..
Noorsyaidah (40).. Can't do nothing more to stop her suffering, when lot of rusty, sharpened metal wires come out from his stomach.. She has injured by this unbelievable disease more than 17 years (since 1991)..

http://www.nowpublic.com/strange/omg-metal-wires-come-out-tummy

I'd be more impressed if they were growing out of her back, where she couldn't reach. On the lighter side, could be a faulty box spring mattress.

Paul C.

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  07:37:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I smell a hoax, and coming out of Indonesia, it's not suprising. They do quite a bit of that sort of thing.

Kind'a looks like she might be starting to get a little infection around some of those wires. Me, I'd insist on having the doctor's name and his writings on the case, and viewing the alledged X-rays. Further, I'd want the name and location of the lab that took them.

Acupuncture taken to it's logical conclusion, eh?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  08:57:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh my...

And I thought ear coning was dangerous.

If only the wire was of higher quality, it might pass as extreme piercing, the next trend in decretive self mutilation.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  10:24:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
500$ says those wire have the same chemistry as paperclips found in the womans home.
Edited by - BigPapaSmurf on 07/17/2008 10:24:25
Go to Top of Page

Coat Of Arms
Skeptic Friend

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  10:51:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Coat Of Arms a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The diagnosis does not depend on recognising that the condition is being faked. "That is a given". She does not have wires growing out of her body. She has wires inserted in her body.

If we take the story as reported as true, it implies there are no doctors in Indonesia capable of correctly diagnosing a severed arm.

Paul C.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  14:24:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Oh my...

And I thought ear coning was dangerous.

If only the wire was of higher quality, it might pass as extreme piercing, the next trend in decretive self mutilation.

Or we could sell her to the salvage yard for scrap....

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2008 :  10:39:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
... Photoshop?

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds.