Still crazy, after all these years.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  03:17:50  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pat Robertson, everybody's favorite prognosticating hack, lying weight-lifter, religious grifter and horse's ass in general, wants to start a big-time war as soon as possible, or at least before Bush is ridden out of town on a rail leaves office.
Robertson Advocates Israel Striking Iran Before The 2008 Election»
On yesterday's edition of The 700 Club, Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson sharply criticized the “moderate tone” the Bush administration has allegedly taken toward Iran and its nuclear weapons program. Robertson advocated that Israel look out for the “survival of its nation” and “make some kind of a strike” against Iranian nuclear facilities. He also predicted that it will likely happen before the 2008 elections:
From From under the tail of that very horse:
But nevertheless, I think we can look in the next few months for Israel to make a strike — possibly before the next election — because I think George Bush — to use the term an “amber light” — he's given the amber, the yellow light, saying, “Caution, but go ahead.”
It is easy to say that Robertson is full of shit, which he is, but we must take note that a whole raft of his devout, adopted zombie offspring currently befoul the Administration. And they have influence

In the same article, we discover evidence of Joe Lieberman passionately tongue-kissing John Hagee -- you remember Hagee; he's the one who McCain pursued for something like a year for a good, wet tongue-kissing moment, then, when he got one, ran away.
The United States must join Israel in a pre-emptive military strike against Iran to fulfill God's plan for both Israel and the West… a biblically prophesied end-time confrontation with Iran, which will lead to the Rapture, Tribulation, and Second Coming of Christ.
Isn't it amazing that so many of these preachers are privy to the mind of God, in spite of their own cosmic insignificance?

Yeah, still crazy -- perhaps they miss the steadying influence of the late-but-not-late-enough, Jerry Falwell. He could put it in holy-rollin' perspective like none other. What a pity that he's gone to Oblivion, never again to pass on his lack of wisdom to his peers.

Edit: I declare, it's like Santa on speed; it just keeps on givin'. I hadn't known exactly what Lieberman's smooch to Hagee was, so I did what skeptics do and found out:
Yesterday, Sen. Joseph Lieberman (I-CT) spoke at the controversial pastor John Hagee's Christians United For Israel Washington-Israel Summit. Lieberman's close political ally, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), finally rejected Hagee's endorsement in May. Lieberman, however, says he still has the utmost respect for the pastor, who once said that Hurricane Katrina was punishment to New Orleans for hosting a gay pride parade.

In his address last night, Lieberman used the “tone” of a biblical sermon. He blasted bloggers, reaffirmed his bond with Hagee, and compared the pastor to biblical figures. The Hartford Courant reports:
Oh, lawsy, lawsy! What next?

Well, there's a pretty substantial rumor being kicked around that Bobby Jindal, the amazing, exorcising governor of LA could well be McCain's choice for VP.
Will John McCain Make Exorcism (Literally) a Campaign Issue?As John

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 07/24/2008 05:22:21

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  05:05:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe Pat believes that a big war in the middle east would expedite the end of times moment. So that he can be raptured while still living and solemnly proclaim, "I told you so".

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  08:51:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know what gets me about all of this? In his heart of hearts, Pat Robertson couldn't give a rats ass about the people who actually live in Israel. He is not their friend. Corner him and he will tell you that they too are going to hell, or at least to purgatory. Those rapture driven nut ball Christian motives are completely selfish. Imagine a foreign policy based on who gets to go to heaven, and when, pretty much sums up what these psychopaths promote. Hell, they don't even care about the United States beyond its ability and willingness to rain terror down on any nation standing in the way of their very own quick path to heaven and the fulfillment of prophesy.

And this differs from the extremist muslim terrorist how? Only that we can do more damage to more people faster.

See, Pat Robertson's goal is for everyones destruction. Even their own, in their earthly form...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

perrodetokio
Skeptic Friend

275 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  09:16:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send perrodetokio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Scary... very scary!

I wonder when will medieval times end.

"Yes I have a belief in a creator/God but do not know that he exists." Bill Scott

"They are still mosquitoes! They did not turn into whales or lizards or anything else. They are still mosquitoes!..." Bill Scott

"We should have millions of missing links or transition fossils showing a fish turning into a philosopher..." Bill Scott
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  21:13:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kil.....

You know what gets me about all of this? In his heart of hearts, Pat Robertson couldn't give a rats ass about the people who actually live in Israel. He is not their friend. Corner him and he will tell you that they too are going to hell, or at least to purgatory. Those rapture driven nut ball Christian motives are completely selfish. Imagine a foreign policy based on who gets to go to heaven, and when, pretty much sums up what these psychopaths promote. Hell, they don't even care about the United States beyond its ability and willingness to rain terror down on any nation standing in the way of their very own quick path to heaven and the fulfillment of prophesy.

And this differs from the extremist muslim terrorist how? Only that we can do more damage to more people faster.

See, Pat Robertson's goal is for everyones destruction. Even their own, in their earthly form...
Amen!

And kudos!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.