Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  13:59:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message
I think its a toss-up between the Amazing Randi and Phil Plait. Especially if they're a tag team. Reasons:

Phil is working with Randi. (Recently accepted to an amazing position in Randi's organization. Congratulations.)

Randi has intellectual cunning and insights to verbally whittle down an opponent with cool logic.

Phil does too plus physical strength and a giant telescope to clobber any opponent. (Have you seen his calendar picture?)

Since tag-teams are not an option I picked Phil (with Randi ringside applying the logical verbal abuses!)

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  14:06:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
http://www.badastronomy.com/pix/bablog/2007/skepdude_calendar_big.jpg

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  14:12:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Originally posted by Kil

Ahhhh, good one. And how about Eugenie Scott? I suspect if we had thought more about it, Scott would have made the main poll list.
Based on the results of this Grand Melee, we can always do another one in a few months.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  17:55:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Originally posted by Kil

http://www.badastronomy.com/pix/bablog/2007/skepdude_calendar_big.jpg

Kil, put a warning first, sheesh. I was not ready for that, and neither was my bowl of soup.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  18:00:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Sheesh, Ricky, wasn't the name of the file enough?

Put "skepdude," "calendar" and "big" together, and you know what's behind the click.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

aporeticus

1 Post

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  20:59:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send aporeticus a Private Message
Penn "Humbug" Jillette is 6'6"!
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  14:15:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Originally posted by Kil
And how about Eugenie Scott? I suspect if we had thought more about it, Scott would have made the main poll list.

Every time I see the name "Eugenie Scott", I get the image of her dancing on the Beware the Believers video.
I never saw an image of her before, and you know... First impression.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 08/09/2008 14:16:09
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  18:05:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Well, that was just her head. The body belonged to Michael Edmondson.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2008 :  14:03:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Yeah, I know Dave, but I can't help it. That's the image imprinted in my mind...

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  07:12:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message
Hi from the other side...This poll is woefully inadequate. My man Neil Degrasse Tyson would mop the floor with all of them. If for some reason he has been intentionally left off this list then I pick Hitchens, nothing like a drunken monkey in a cage.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  07:24:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
chef, we're thinking about doing a second Cage Match, since we're limited to 15 participants (or 14 plus "other").

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  07:30:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message
Hmmm what you should do is a kind of play off championship. Break them up into matching groups of 12 and run them off until you have the final championship cage match poll of the surviving top 2.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  09:27:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Originally posted by chefcrsh

Hmmm what you should do is a kind of play off championship. Break them up into matching groups of 12 and run them off until you have the final championship cage match poll of the surviving top 2.
I mentioned that possibility over at ERV when some commenters wondered how Penn and Teller didn't make the list.

Let's see how much blood we can squeeze out of this...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  07:29:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Our cover is blown!
« Poll need pharyngulizin' | Main

Another significant poll that will change the universe
Category: Pointless polls
Posted on: August 19, 2008 9:34 AM, by PZ Myers

Right now, this one's a tough choice: Who would win in a free-for-all, anything-goes cage match?. The top two contenders are PZ "The Violator" Myers and Christopher "Drunken Monkey" Hitchens, with me in the lead…probably because the thought of a man nicknamed "The Violator" and a reputation for tentacle mayhem is too terrifying to contemplate.

Tentacle mayhem!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 08/19/2008 07:46:12
Go to Top of Page

shonny

Australia
1 Post

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  07:38:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send shonny a Private Message
They are all pnw3d by . . . by . . . by . . . - how the hell would I know???
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds.