New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

Hittman
Skeptic Friend

134 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2008 :  14:46:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hittman's Homepage Send Hittman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know which was more entertaining, Jack Black as Jesus Christ, or O'reilly bitching about it.

When a vampire Jehovah's Witness knocks on your door, don't invite him in. Blood Witness: http://bloodwitness.com

Get Smartenized® with the Quick Hitts blog: http://www.davehitt.com/blog2/index.phpBlog
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  21:05:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How does one spell that horrible yacking sound that came out of the bathroom about six hours after my roommates switched from beer to tequila to rum on Friday nights?

'Cause that's the first thing that came to mind when I saw this godawful thing.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  23:18:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

How does one spell that horrible yacking sound that came out of the bathroom about six hours after my roommates switched from beer to tequila to rum on Friday nights?

'Cause that's the first thing that came to mind when I saw this godawful thing.
That Songsmith commercial was too long and windy for any use I can imagine. But maybe if just one of the accompanying melodies that they demonstrated didn't totally suck ass, even that might be forgiven. I thought the guy's boss-lady was going to either call security, or throttle him for making his presentation in song. That she didn't stretched my suspended disbelief past snapping point.

The ending, where the husband returns to his wife, and both "converse" in bad song, was so silly it flew right past "unintentional hilarity," sucked the birds of inanity into both engines, and crash-landed smack in the cold river waters of "shudderingly stupid." Amazing that the whole cast walked away without visible injury. But the experience doubtless will haunt them -- and their careers -- for the rest of their lives.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  13:18:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Star Wars: Retold (by someone who hasn't seen it).

(H/T Jake Young.)

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  13:43:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote

(H/T Jake Young.)
That was funny. Thanks for posting it.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  19:04:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote

(H/T Jake Young.)

Hans... still makes me smile.

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  19:33:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Hawks

(H/T Jake Young.)

Hans... still makes me smile.
Good old Hans Olo.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  22:33:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn) at the Washington Press Club Foundation dinner:
But by 2005 I wanted a new challenge so I decided to run for the US Senate. Now you have to imagine what this was like. I didn't know anyone in Washington, no one would return my calls, and I finally decided that I was just going to call everyone that I've ever met in my life and that's when I set an all-time US Senate record, and this is true, I raised $17,000 from ex-boyfriends. Speaker Pelosi, I may have the all-time record in the Senate, but I know in the House, that record is held by Barney Frank.

As my husband, who is back there somewhere, where are you? points out, for me, ex boyfriends aren't an expanding base.
(H/T Greg Laden)

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  22:55:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn) at the Washington Press Club Foundation dinner:
But by 2005 I wanted a new challenge so I decided to run for the US Senate. Now you have to imagine what this was like. I didn't know anyone in Washington, no one would return my calls, and I finally decided that I was just going to call everyone that I've ever met in my life and that's when I set an all-time US Senate record, and this is true, I raised $17,000 from ex-boyfriends. Speaker Pelosi, I may have the all-time record in the Senate, but I know in the House, that record is held by Barney Frank.

As my husband, who is back there somewhere, where are you? points out, for me, ex boyfriends aren't an expanding base.
(H/T Greg Laden)
That is wonderful!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  19:32:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lovecraftian School Board Member Wants Madness Added To Curriculum:
"Last month, he wanted us to change the high school's motto from 'Many Kinds of Excellence' to 'Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn,'" PTA member Cathy Perry said. "I asked if it was Latin, and he said that it was the eldritch tongue of Shub- Niggurath, the Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young. I don't know from eldritch tongues, but I'm not sure that's such a good idea."

"We already changed the name of the school from Abraham Lincoln High to Nyarlathotep Academy," Perry added. "What more does he want?"

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  00:56:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Lovecraftian School Board Member Wants Madness Added To Curriculum:
"Last month, he wanted us to change the high school's motto from 'Many Kinds of Excellence' to 'Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn,'" PTA member Cathy Perry said. "I asked if it was Latin, and he said that it was the eldritch tongue of Shub- Niggurath, the Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young. I don't know from eldritch tongues, but I'm not sure that's such a good idea."

"We already changed the name of the school from Abraham Lincoln High to Nyarlathotep Academy," Perry added. "What more does he want?"

Kinda reminds me of Alan Bonsell, Dover Pennsylvania's former School Board President. Except more honest, nicer, and smarter.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  01:00:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Kinda reminds me of Alan Bonsell, Dover Pennsylvania's former School Board President. Except more honest, nicer, and smarter.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more honest.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  09:54:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But only marginally saner.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2009 :  16:14:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Funny, funny:
Look, I get it, "real America." After an eight-year run of controlling the White House, Congress and the Supreme Court, this latest election has you feeling like a rejected husband. You've come home to find your things out on the front lawn -- or at least more things than you usually keep out on the front lawn. You're not ready to let go, but the country you love is moving on. And now you want to call it a whore and key its car.

That's what you are, the bitter divorced guy whose country has left him -- obsessing over it, haranguing it, blubbering one minute about how much you love it and vowing the next that if you cannot have it, nobody will.

But it's been almost 100 days, and your country is not coming back to you. She's found somebody new. And it's a black guy.

— Bill Maher, "The GOP Is Acting Like a Guy Who Got Dumped"

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2009 :  17:23:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More accurately, a guy that has been dumped by his wife because she realized he has been cheating on her all along.

In fact, this make sense, guilty people sometime react aggressively in an act of denial over their being at fault.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.7 seconds.