Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  17:44:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not a Twitterer or a Facebooker, but "Barack Obama Sent Somali Pirates a Trio of Snipers" is funny as hell. It is "100 days of Obama's Facebook news feed."

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  11:50:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How Gay Marriage Causes Earthquakes.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2009 :  09:09:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From the Really, Really Bad Names Department, I give you AcipHex.

Despite the weirdo capitalization, the TV commercials make it clear that the name is pronounced just like "ass-effects."

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2009 :  16:09:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

From the Really, Really Bad Names Department, I give you AcipHex.

Despite the weirdo capitalization, the TV commercials make it clear that the name is pronounced just like "ass-effects."
I notice the pharma company is in Tokyo. English is clearly not the first language of AcipHex's makers. One of their company names is also somewhat precarious, "PriCara."

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2009 :  22:49:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
President Obama grilled on his nerdcore cred.

HT: PZ

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  12:08:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The new boyfriend.
Boyfriend trouble.

HT GrrlScientist for part II

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  00:13:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The new boyfriend.
Boyfriend trouble.

HT GrrlScientist for part II
Uh, that surprised me.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2009 :  16:15:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So an email was sent out at work today about a nearby road closure. The author meant to say that the road is being closed "for obvious safety reasons," but instead wrote "for oblivious safety reasons." That made my day.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

podcat
Skeptic Friend

435 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2009 :  22:48:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send podcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The emperor has no iPhone?

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/apple_claims_new_iphone_only?utm_source=a-section
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2009 :  20:17:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by podcat

The emperor has no iPhone?

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/apple_claims_new_iphone_only?utm_source=a-section
I love that! It captures the Apple loyalist mentality.

Go to Top of Page

podcat
Skeptic Friend

435 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2009 :  21:30:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send podcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But....it exists for those who believe!

“In a modern...society, everybody has the absolute right to believe whatever they damn well please, but they don't have the same right to be taken seriously”.

-Barry Williams, co-founder, Australian Skeptics
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2009 :  19:38:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This story was emailed to me by my nephew:

I was a very happy man. My wonderful girlfriend and I had been dating for over a year, and so we decided to get married. There was only one little thing bothering me: It was her beautiful younger sister.

My prospective sister-in-law was twenty-two, wore very tight miniskirts, and generally was bra-less. She would regularly bend down when she was near me, and I always got more than a nice view. It had to be deliberate. Because she never did it when she was near anyone else.

One day her 'little' sister called and asked me to come over to check the wedding invitations. She was alone when I arrived, and she whispered to me that she had feelings and desires for me that she couldn't overcome. She told me that she wanted me just once before I got married and committed my life to her sister. Well, I was in total shock, and couldn't say a word. She said, 'I'm going upstairs to my bedroom, and if you want one last wild fling, just come up and get me.' I was stunned and frozen in shock as I watched her go up the stairs. I stood there for a moment, then turned and made a beeline straight to the front door. I opened the door, and headed straight towards my car. Lo and behold, my entire future family was standing outside, all clapping!

With tears in his eyes, my father-in-law hugged me and said, 'We are very happy that you have passed our little test. We couldn't ask for a better man for our daughter. Welcome to the family.'

And the moral of this story is: Always keep your condoms in your car.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 08/10/2009 22:53:15
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2009 :  09:24:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now that's funny!

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2009 :  11:20:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From John Scalzi, we get a Guide to the Most Epic FAILs in Star Wars Design and the Guide to Epic SciFi Design FAILs - Star Trek Edition.

H/T John Dupuis.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2009 :  11:39:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message  Reply with Quote

From John Scalzi, we get a Guide to the Most Epic FAILs in Star Wars Design

This was my favorite: Death Star
An unshielded exhaust port leading directly to the central reactor? Really?

&

Note to the Emperor: Someone on your Death Star design staff is in the pay of Rebel forces. Oh, right, you can't get the memo because someone threw you down a huge exposed shaft in your Death Star throne room.

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.06 seconds.