Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  22:46:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Be a skeptic for a reason other than verbal assualt.

HERESY! SACRELIGE!

Oh, and you spelled "assault" wrong!

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2008 :  17:02:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zeked.....

If you really are interested in certain sciences, maybe it is best that you research them on your own so you can appreciate the effort required in gaining knowledge.
Thank you for the tip. Zeked, but I didn't plow my way through to a PhD and study dozens of different disciplines intensely for the following fifty years in addition to amassing a comfortable amount of capital along the way, without learning something about appreciating the effort required to gain knowledge, make money, or just plain live a reasonably successful, informed life to and into old age.

I would admonish you to not come calling to a site where many masters of many disciplines hold forth, with the evasive "research it on your own" dodge; but that would be petty! I don't stoop to practice that which I condemn.

If you have something to offer, offer it! If you wish to be educated as you have previously indicated; ask, and if anyone can respond, ye shall receive. But to imply that you have some outré knowledge that others do not - which you will not divulge because they can damn well find it out on their own - is pretty contrary to the very purpose of this site. Also pretty suspect, I might add!

I only had two years of electrical engineering back in prehistoric times before I switched to cognitive psychology, in which academic pursuit I earned my doctorate. I do not profess to be expert in areas of electronics nor applied electrical theory, apparently you are. Well and good. What is your objection to clearly explaining these matters to folks who may be laymen or simply somewhat better educated than laymen but certainly not at a post graduate electrical engineering level like yourself? I came to SFN to learn and possibly to contribute a viewpoint. What was your purpose?
Sure you can, just think about it. Just be careful, blocks of that size require great caution and care. PVC pipe, just saying.

P.S. try a spectrograph on the sunlight, great way to see the iron. Cheap and easy spectrograph construction using an old CD/DVD as the dispersion element.
You'll have to pardon my substantial senescence, compounded by a high level of native ignorance and stupidity, but I fail to connect the above quotes with a demonstration that either a pulsed or static magnetic field (you have not yet stated which is required) will alleviate pain from a surface wound. Would you mind laying it out in simplistic terms that a doddering old codger like myself can understand?

Oh, and where's that new thread?
Edited by - bngbuck on 08/28/2008 17:05:20
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2008 :  15:04:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zeked.....

Well, it's been about three days since last hearing from you, Zeke. I hope that the somewhat Pyrrhonic attitude that a pilgrim encounters when first visiting this site has not disheartened you from further efforts.

You are fortunate to not have made your journey here about a year ago, when there was a clutch of androgen-addled adolescents wildly erupting personal perjorative and directing ad hominem scatology to newcomers whose views they disliked for some reason or another. Thankfully, that minority has been effectively purged by the management.
Be a skeptic for a reason other than verbal assualt.
I may have been a bit acidic with you, Zeke, but to engage with your style is frustrating, to say the least. Rather like coitus interruptus! One seems to be proceeding nicely toward a goal, and suddenly penetration is blocked or the orifice just disappears! I understand this may be intentional, so I salute your dialectic skills, and I offer touché and mal-parry.

But I truly am interested in a discourse on the analgesic effects of pulsed magnetic fields on surface or internal pain in the human body, complete with annotation (links) to the serious laboratory work that has been done in this field! If you are learned in this field as your writing certainly indicates, please set your premise and work down in a thread upon which we can comment; and that we all can follow, research, and test if we wish! I, and others, are waiting with baited breath (pardon the eggcorn)for your treatise!
Edited by - bngbuck on 08/30/2008 15:06:52
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.