Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  22:56:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ktesibios

The media are not merely in the tank for the Republicans...

Faux News certainly but MSNBC, not always. Rachel Maddow ain't in the Republican tank at all and today Chris Mathews ripped a Republican spokesperson (i.e. stooge) a new asshole over the "lipstick on a pig" McCain-Rove pseudo-outrage ploy. Had the guy almost literally whimpering and finally admitting it was baloney.

Obama now needs to remind voters how bad things are, and who's to blame while simultaneously slapping down the treasonous rightwing liars all the way to the finish line.

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  23:23:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You'd better be scared...look at the remarks here.

Hell, just go to anywhere on their Politics and the 2008 Election section and you'll see the mindset you're up against.

Nuts, weren't we just talking about that "lipstick on a pig" thing in chat? I forget what all was said about it now.

Notice that the PF (more convervative RR people) say about Obama and "negative attacks". They notice when he does it, but not when their own side does.

Note what they say here.

Look at the big deal they make about Obama in that thread I first linked to. Think they'd take any notice of this?

Mind you, the McCain quote here is obviously made up, so I'm not pa
ying any attention to that; bad move on their part...if you stoop to their level, they'll call you on it. When their side does it...<crickets whistle>.

Get ready for at least four more years you guys...

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Edited by - the_ignored on 09/10/2008 23:32:06
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  09:11:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Think they'd take any notice of this?

I'd generally read the link, but the first posts in your first link irked me too much...

As for your last link... come on; it's bull. Palin's sister and her ex-husband were fighting over custody and Palin bad-mouthed her ex brother in law.
Seems pretty unsurprising to me.

Let's focus on the real bit of the issue, which is Palin abusing her gubernatorial powers in this case...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  09:29:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

You'd better be scared...look at the remarks here.

Hell, just go to anywhere on their Politics and the 2008 Election section and you'll see the mindset you're up against.

Nuts, weren't we just talking about that "lipstick on a pig" thing in chat? I forget what all was said about it now.

Notice that the PF (more convervative RR people) say about Obama and "negative attacks". They notice when he does it, but not when their own side does.

Note what they say here.

Look at the big deal they make about Obama in that thread I first linked to. Think they'd take any notice of this?

Mind you, the McCain quote here is obviously made up, so I'm not pa
ying any attention to that; bad move on their part...if you stoop to their level, they'll call you on it. When their side does it...<crickets whistle>.

Get ready for at least four more years you guys...

Jesus H......you had to go to the Prophecy Fellowship to get that.....what did you expect? 30,000 lunatics do not win an election.

Then again, these wackos probably do represent a majority of the voting public in a America. How did it get this bad? When did we trade in the space program for woo woo? How did religion become so powerful in a (supposedly) secular nation? Why do the irrational outnumber the rational? It's enough to drive a rational person to depression...if you let it.

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  09:37:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From the Prophecy Fellowship forum rules:

Nekkid kid pictures -- While your naked 5 year old sprawled in the tub may look darling to you, someone who is browsing through the forum on their lunch hour may feel differently. One gentleman was accused of being a pedophile (albeit jokingly) for reading a thread with one such picture on it while he was at work. Lets try to keep the Nekkid pics for family and put pics of children who are clothed in your signatures.

Is this a popular pastime or something? We have a very cute picture of our kids when they were like 1.5 & 3 standing outside of the tub (looking in) waiting to get in.....cute.....but I wouldn't post them on the net. Just found that a bit strange that they actually had to make a rule for it.

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:

Edited by - astropin on 09/11/2008 09:38:01
Go to Top of Page

Vic Daring

49 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  10:59:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Vic Daring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by astropin

From the Prophecy Fellowship forum rules:

Nekkid kid pictures -- While your naked 5 year old sprawled in the tub may look darling to you, someone who is browsing through the forum on their lunch hour may feel differently. One gentleman was accused of being a pedophile (albeit jokingly) for reading a thread with one such picture on it while he was at work. Lets try to keep the Nekkid pics for family and put pics of children who are clothed in your signatures.

Is this a popular pastime or something? We have a very cute picture of our kids when they were like 1.5 & 3 standing outside of the tub (looking in) waiting to get in.....cute.....but I wouldn't post them on the net. Just found that a bit strange that they actually had to make a rule for it.

They probably get a lot of priests.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  11:26:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
New Voter Suppression Tactic by Republicans:
State rules allow the parties to send "election challengers" to polling sites to challenge the valid registration of any voter. So let's say someone's house has been foreclosed upon and they were forced to move. If in all the legal battles and turmoil that comes with losing one's home they don't update their voter registration immediately to the new address, they could be denied their right to vote by these challengers.
Sheesh.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Vic Daring

49 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  11:28:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Vic Daring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorite group of voters is Rapture Ready.

Where else can you read this:
http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=57083

Please do not let your child participate in yoga!!! She will experience spiritual attacks if you do!!!

Gotta love 'em.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  13:55:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I used to read RR-BB on a regular basis a few years back, but I stopped when my brain started to hurt whenever I entered that forum. I can't think of a good reason why those guys shouldn't get lobotomised, for the benefit of mankind.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  14:26:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Vic Daring

My favorite group of voters is Rapture Ready.

Where else can you read this:
http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=57083

Please do not let your child participate in yoga!!! She will experience spiritual attacks if you do!!!

Gotta love 'em.

OHNOES! NOT YOGA!
Man, I laughed so hard. So hard.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  17:25:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ugh. And now it's clear even from a softball interview that Palin sucks. And McCain wants her to be next-in-line for President? What the fuck is wrong with this country???
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  17:47:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Cuneiformist

Ugh. And now it's clear even from a softball interview that Palin sucks. And McCain wants her to be next-in-line for President? What the fuck is wrong with this country???
One can only hope that all of the interviews with her go about the same...

They will ask tough questions durring the debate.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

leoofno
Skeptic Friend

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  20:01:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send leoofno a Private Message  Reply with Quote

She comes off looking bad (I think), but its a short snippet and obviously edited (noticeable jumps where segments were cut out). Is it representative of the whole interview? Could it have been edited to make her look worse?

"If you're not terrified, you're not paying attention." Eric Alterman
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  20:48:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil
They will ask tough questions durring the debate.

Preferably questions that require independent in-the-moment analysis, where she cannot rely on soundbites to do her thinking.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2008 :  10:29:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Wow....that was a car wreck. But, the red necks don't give a shit...she loves guns and she's hot....PUT HER IN THE WHITE HOUSE

Atheism:

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.