The Biden/Palin Percentages
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Orwellingly Yurz
SFN Regular

USA
529 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2008 :  12:25:42  Show Profile Send Orwellingly Yurz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YO: A friend of mine lamented to me today that Biden is 60-40 for being qualified to be President. And Palin has 48% saying she is while 44% of the survey say she isn't. My friend was still taken aback by Palin's percentage of approval. Here's what Orwellingly Yurz wrote back to him.....

James, what's going on here is: people who think Palin is qualified are looking though a filter that 'says' leaders are people with bluster and attract via exterior qualities. Logic, intelligence, intellect, education, and a quieter demeanor are minuses for people who perceive this way.

They are called the Herd; the bunch that wants to be told what to do and think and believe so their sorry, unthinking asses can be saved from whatever it is that they're afraid of; most of them believing there's a comic book Hell awaiting them if they don't prostrate themselves in exchange for getting to live the Life of Riley after they die.

Biden doesn't have a quieter demeanor, but he sure as hell has lots of intelligence, intellect and years of experience,. So that's what brings up Palin's approval rating. The problem with us, these days, is that The Reagan Era...or Error...has been dumbing us down as a nation for 3 decades. Now we're saddled with about one-half of the country subliminally thinking to themselves: Oh boy, we've got us another Bush type candidate now, but she's diguised as a WOMAN.

Enough Fox News, video games, mindless TV sports and high fructose corn syrup will do it. The rest of the cognitive world knows who this desperate country needs to rid us of the shit the neonazicons have dropped on everybody's head.

Most people who can't well-remember back before The Reagan Error, don't know how far we've slipped down the slope.

I can. And all I can say now is, OY!

"The modern conservative...is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy. That is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
--John Kenneth Galbraith

If dogs run free
Then what must be,
Must be...
And that is all
--Bob Dylan

The neo-cons have gotten welfare for themselves down to a fine art.
--me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights."
--J. Paul Getty

"The great thing about Art isn't what it give us, but what we become through it."
--Oscar Wilde

"We have Art in order not to die of life."
--Albert Camus

"I cling like a miser to the freedom I lose when surrounded by an abundance of things."
--Albert Camus

"Experience is the name so many people give to their mistakes."
--Oscar Wilde

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2008 :  12:59:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was watching a McCain/Palin commercial earlier today and shivered at the idea that most people will never bother watching the news, let alone, watching debates and reading analyses.

Most people will take their decision solely on these 5 minutes pack of lies.
For example, the commercial I saw called dumb and dumber 'the original mavericks'; mention the 'bridge to nowhere', purported that McCain 'cleaned Washington' and fought drugs and that Palin 'Clean Alaska'.

Not surprisingly they are leaving out all the bad, but they are making up most of the good (did you know that Palin fought against 'big oil'; yeah, me either. Maybe she plans to fatten it up until it dies of an heart attack...).

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Edited by - Simon on 09/13/2008 13:03:56
Go to Top of Page

Robb
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2008 :  16:00:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Robb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Orwellingly Yurz

YO: A friend of mine lamented to me today that Biden is 60-40 for being qualified to be President. And Palin has 48% saying she is while 44% of the survey say she isn't. My friend was still taken aback by Palin's percentage of approval. Here's what Orwellingly Yurz wrote back to him.....

James, what's going on here is: people who think Palin is qualified are looking though a filter that 'says' leaders are people with bluster and attract via exterior qualities. Logic, intelligence, intellect, education, and a quieter demeanor are minuses for people who perceive this way.

They are called the Herd; the bunch that wants to be told what to do and think and believe so their sorry, unthinking asses can be saved from whatever it is that they're afraid of; most of them believing there's a comic book Hell awaiting them if they don't prostrate themselves in exchange for getting to live the Life of Riley after they die.

Biden doesn't have a quieter demeanor, but he sure as hell has lots of intelligence, intellect and years of experience,. So that's what brings up Palin's approval rating. The problem with us, these days, is that The Reagan Era...or Error...has been dumbing us down as a nation for 3 decades. Now we're saddled with about one-half of the country subliminally thinking to themselves: Oh boy, we've got us another Bush type candidate now, but she's diguised as a WOMAN.

Enough Fox News, video games, mindless TV sports and high fructose corn syrup will do it. The rest of the cognitive world knows who this desperate country needs to rid us of the shit the neonazicons have dropped on everybody's head.

Most people who can't well-remember back before The Reagan Error, don't know how far we've slipped down the slope.

I can. And all I can say now is, OY!
Oh please. These people simply do not have the same views that you do. I hear this crap all the time from people of liberal or conservative thought. Liberals try to dismiss conservative minded people as idiots. Conservatives label liberals as somehow mentally retarded. When you do this you are saying hat you have it figured out and most people are dumber than you. Come on. lets get past this and really talk about an issue wiithout the insults. If it is possible.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. - George Washington
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2008 :  16:09:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well; most people are dumber than me.
Also, less informed.

not to mention, most highly educated people are liberals. Education does not necessarily correlate to intelligence, of course, but generally speaking, as a broad brush, in average, intelligent people will be more likely to be highly educated than stupid ones.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2008 :  15:44:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Simon

Well; most people are dumber than me.
Also, less informed.

I'm in the same situation as Simon. However, I can't vote in American elections, so I can only watch the train wreck happen. On rare occations when I rise above cynicism, I feel sorry for you lot.

What worries me is that Palin has a lot of baggage that the McCain/Palin-campaign is hiding from the public. Ok, we hear trickle coming out from bloggers that suggest that there are skeletons in Palins closet. So why isn't it making the rounds in the Big Media?

Robb, aren't you curious to know if all that "gossip" is true?
Would you want a Vice President (possibly President, if McCain kroaks) who would use her power as president to settle personal vendattas?
Do you honestly, like her, believe that the war in Iraq is Justified by God.
She stated in the interview, in so many words, that Preemptive war on nations is ok. Do you believe so too?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2008 :  17:53:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Robb

Oh please. These people simply do not have the same views that you do. I hear this crap all the time from people of liberal or conservative thought. Liberals try to dismiss conservative minded people as idiots. Conservatives label liberals as somehow mentally retarded. When you do this you are saying hat you have it figured out and most people are dumber than you. Come on. lets get past this and really talk about an issue wiithout the insults. If it is possible.
I believe Obama has been asking for that and still believes that a discussion of the issues will still make him president. While the republicans know that a genuine dicussion of the issues is not beneficial to the campaign. Sound bytes to the believers is what matters. That is in my opinion why even after two weeks Palin is still parroting the "Thanks but no thanks" to the bridge to no where. This claim has been refuted daily, but to no avail. It's just like religion. It's a cognitive bias possessed by their base. If you want to believe then the facts don't matter. Thinking doesn't matter. I want to believe. Doubting is a sin.

It would be nice to see the McFlame campaign actually, and honestly, debate the issues. I don't expect that because it will not get them elected.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.