Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  06:17:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by pleco

Originally posted by Bill scott

Originally posted by pleco

So he was born gay? Interesting...

Was he? Yes, interesting...

You implied it...or was it some kind of Freudian slip?

I said that he that was a gay man. You went off on the tangent about him being born gay.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  07:49:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bill Scott:
Oh give me a break. This from the forum where most jumped for glee like grade school children out on recess when the death of Henry Morris was announced. This was not an isolated event. Those agnostic and atheistic freethinkers, what a nice compassionate group of human beings they are.

The difference is that Morris was a liar. He spread lies and called it science. He made up his own version of how evolution came into existence as a plan hatched Satan on top of the tower of babble, without a single bit of evidence, biblical or otherwise to support it. He made shit up.

On the other hand, you have Bolz, a Christian, being forced to live a lie or face being accused of a weakness of faith and giving in to Satan while being ostracized by his fellow Christians. Nice that they will now pray for him so he will see the wisdom of going back to living a lie.

You just don't see the cruelty in that, do you Bill?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  08:13:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

This from the forum where most jumped for glee like grade school children out on recess when the death of Henry Morris was announced.
You are a lying scumbag, Bill.
This was not an isolated event. Those agnostic and atheistic freethinkers, what a nice compassionate group of human beings they are. Sheeeze...
The difference is that freethinkers don't idolize a book that tells them to love their neighbors. Nobody is nice 100% of the time, but you poor pathetic Christians proclaim that you're more moral than others based on that stupid book. Then, when some Christian stops lying to himself, he's shunned, pitied and told he's going to Hell. By failing to be compassionate, you're spitting in your own God's eye.

Christian hypocrisy, as an abomination to man, beats out atheistic humanity every time.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  08:26:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

This from the forum where most jumped for glee like grade school children out on recess when the death of Henry Morris was announced.
Dave:

Heh. I figured he was exaggerating, but wow!!!

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  08:27:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

The difference is that Morris was a liar. He spread lies and called it science. He made up his own version of how evolution came into existence as a plan hatched Satan on top of the tower of babble, without a single bit of evidence, biblical or otherwise to support it. He made shit up.

But Bolz was a liar as well. He lied to his family and friends all these years about who he was and he has built a career out of spreading the Gospel (which you call a lie) through music and song, so why does bolz (a liar for Jesus) get the free pass for simply announcing that he is gay and Morris (another liar for Jesus) is fair game for mocking and ridicule at the time of passing?

On the other hand, you have Bolz, a Christian, being forced to live a lie or face being accused of a weakness of faith and giving in to Satan while being ostracized by his fellow Christians.

Oh, I see. It has nothing to do with liars and has all to do with the fact that Bolz was a open homosexual and you promote the acceptance of the homosexual lifestyle as a healthy and normal alternative. Since Bolz came out and said that we was a homosexual you must have decided that this trumped the fact that he was a liar for Jesus his whole professional life while Henry Morris, another life long liar for Jesus, was not an open homosexual so therefore he is open for mocking and ridicule even on the day of his death. Nice...

Nice that they will now pray for him so he will see the wisdom of going back to living a lie.

You just don't see the cruelty in that, do you Bill?

It is my observation that he was living a lie before coming out and he is still living in a lie now that he is out. This for sure merits prayer.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  08:32:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No Bill. Bolz did everything he could to not be gay, including becoming a Christian, marrying and raising a family. The problem is it isn't a choice. And being Christian isn't a cure. He lived a lie because he was lying to himself, not to others. And what was his lie? He convinced himself, as best he could, that he wasn't gay. It was when he figured it all out that he decided not to lie to himself anymore and so he came out. Did you even read his story?

Morris was a liar. Bolz suffered from conflicts that he could not shake, try as he might. Big difference!!!

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  08:46:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Obviously he wasn't a real Christian.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  09:03:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Beat me to it, Dave. (But notice Bill's silence on this... surprising? No.)

Originally posted by Bill

[quote]This was not an isolated event. Those agnostic and atheistic freethinkers, what a nice compassionate group of human beings they are. Sheeeze...
Since your initial point has been shown to be fraudulent, your follow-up is also moot.

But even if you were correct in how SFN reacted to news of Morris' death, you nevertheless miss the point. Also not surprising.
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  09:46:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote

You guys use the "liar" label way to flippantly around here, seriously.

Grief and consternation at AiG, but not a whole lot of either at my house.

This guy admits he has no grief over the man's passing

Anti-science nutcases like Henry Morris, sadly, will probably remain altogether too plentiful.

This guy calls him names on the news of his passing.

"When science and the Bible differ, science has obviously misinterpreted its data." Henry Morris

One down…

And this guy, the one who challenged the Christian compassion, acts as if his death is no different then shooting a plastic duck at some backwoods carnival skeet shoot.

This was not an isolated event. Those agnostic and atheistic freethinkers, what a nice compassionate group of human beings they are. Sheeeze...

The difference is that freethinkers don't idolize a book that tells them to love their neighbors. Nobody is nice 100% of the time,

I would agree that nobody is nice 24/7. I think that the Bible teaches that as well.

but you poor pathetic Christians proclaim that you're more moral than others based on that stupid book.

Well these Christians would not be professing true Christian doctrine. The Bible teaches that we all have moral failures. The difference is the Bible teaches the Christian's moral failures are covered by the blood of the Lamb while non-Christian's moral failures are not covered but exposed.

Then, when some Christian stops lying to himself, he's shunned, pitied and told he's going to Hell.

Well that and he is prayed for. Whatever you believe about prayer Christians believe prayer is the single biggest way to effect those who have not excepted the free gift of salvation offered through the blood of JC. Which is why I noted that most in the forum I was linked to were asking for prayer for Ray Bolz.

By failing to be compassionate, you're spitting in your own God's eye.

I could not agree with you here any more then I already do.

Christian hypocrisy, as an abomination to man, beats out atheistic humanity every time.

Beats it out at what? I am sorry please forgive me but I am not following you here.

Edited by - Bill scott on 09/19/2008 11:02:20
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  09:52:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
bill just hates it when those slimy homos don't out themselves. It makes it so much harder for him to discriminate against them. How can he express his bigotry when gays look just like every "normal" christian? If they all weren't such dishonest liars he could treat them like the pariahs they are. Hmm. If only we could mark them all somehow so bill could recognize them, like with a pink triangle sewn onto their clothing or something...

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  10:08:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bill Scott:
And this guy, the one who challenged the Christian compassion, acts as if his death is no different then shooting a plastic duck at some backwoods carnival skeet shoot.

Oh please. Morris was a freaking liar who spent his life spreading those lies. He was a villain. I didn't go out and celebrate his passing as you imply. But I certainly didn't mourn over him either.

Is Bolz a villain?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  10:20:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pretty pathetic, Bill. The examples you listed hardly constitute the description "most jumped for glee like grade school children out on recess."

Indeed, the thread doesn't even jump to a second page. Moreover, most of the discussion is about recent deaths of other people.
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  10:36:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

No Bill. Bolz did everything he could to not be gay, including becoming a Christian, marrying and raising a family.

So he was living a lie all while spreading lies with his music and songs. As with all liars, whether they be homosexuals or not, Christians or not, their lies will always catch up with them. I think Bolz had a lifetime of lies hiding in his closet and that weight was becoming insurmountable. As with most long held lies and secrets confession brings a time of relief from the effects of carrying the lie or secret for such a long time.

The problem is it isn't a choice.

I may or may not agree with that. I am not convinced either way yet.

And being Christian isn't a cure.

If by that you mean that "being a Christian does not mean that you will 100% lose your desire for all sinful acts and pleasures nor will you ever fall again." then I agree.

He lived a lie because he was lying to himself,

I would agree. Most people who hold a long term lie or secret usually start the process by lying to themselves.

not to others.

I disagree. He started by lying to himself and this then leads to passing the lie on to others.

And what was his lie?

That he did not have gay tendencies and desires when he really did.

He convinced himself, as best he could, that he wasn't gay.

Yes. He tried to ignore and deny that he did have gay tendencies and desires.

It was when he figured it all out that he decided not to lie to himself anymore and so he came out.

I think the burden of carrying the lie became insurmountable for bolz to the point where confession was his last option.

Did you even read his story?

Yes. Did you?

Morris was a liar. Bolz suffered from conflicts that he could not shake, try as he might. Big difference!!!

Say what you believe about Morris but I think you would agree that Morris himself believed that what he was professing was truth as far as the creation and evolution debate. He believed in the creationism that he preached. Now Bolz passed off as truth what he knew was a lie and did so for a very long time. So again, whether you believe what he had to say is true or not makes no difference to the fact that Morris believed that what he passed on as truth was in fact true while Bolz knew that what he was passing off as true was indeed a lie. Big difference.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  10:40:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

This guy admits he has no grief over the man's passing

Nope, sure don't. To me he was just another religious demogogue of no value either to society nor even to his version of Christianity, as demonstrated by ICR and the delusions it spews daily.

Why should I feel any grief over the loss of such? Like Nixon, he was nothing but a nuisance to me alive and I sure ain't gonna venerate his corpse.

But I didn't "jump for glee." Should I have?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  10:56:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On a related matter a bit closer to the topic than the mouldering remains of Hydraulic Hank, The Rude Pundit has some thoughts.....
Here's a little touch of schadenfreude for the end of an unbelievably awful week. The Rude Pundit has had his, let's say, difficulties with conservative bag of douche Kevin McCullough. The columnist, radio host, and leader of the Musclehead Revolution writes more about latent gay male desire masked as belief in "God" and machismo than any other of the legion of latently gay males in the evangelical right. He viciously attacks women who support women's rights. He degrades liberal males with such smiting violence that you can tell: this is a guy who wants some cock. No, no. This is a guy who wants lots of cock. Wait, wait. No, this is a guy who wants to bathe himself in a cock shower of jizz.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 09/19/2008 10:58:33
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.89 seconds.