Teach the controversy!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  09:07:05  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some funny T-shirts poking fun at the IDiot slogan...

I am partial to the turtle myself...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  09:21:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Devil burying dinosaur bones is a good one.

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  11:15:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Really? I don't like the devil-dino one because that's exactly what they are saying to teach. You can't have satire if that's what they are actually saying...

I'm favorable to the periodic table. And I may flip a coin later to decide if I'm going to buy it or not.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  11:50:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whilst everybody's in a buyin' mood, here's a really great deal:
Ben Stein's EXPELLED is finally out today on DVD. If you want to get it as well as a bunch of other nifty ID videos and Jerry Bergman's new book, click here. Here's a description of the superbundle:

EXPELLED DVD and Super Bundle Available at ARN

The EXPELLED: No Intelligence Allowed DVD featuring Ben Stein can now be ordered at ARN. In addition, ARN is offering an EXPELLED Super Bundle which includes the EXPELLED DVD, Slaughter of the Dissidents book by Dr. Jerry Bergman. And for a limited time when you order this bundle we will include free copies of the three of the best selling Intelligent Design documentaries: Unlocking the Mystery of Life, Privileged Planet, and The Case for Creator. Normally this bundle would retail for $125 but for a limited time you can order this EXPELLED Super Bundle for only $50 (including shipping anywhere in the U.S). Even if you already own some of these ID documentaries or the book, this is a great opportunity to pick additional copies to give away to friends and colleagues. The EXPELLED DVD is officially released on Tuesday October 21 and orders will be shipping next week. Those who are interested in hosting a public showing of EXPELLED can purchase a license and movie event kit from Wing Clips Cinema.
Don't let this one get away from you!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  15:34:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Ricky

Really? I don't like the devil-dino one because that's exactly what they are saying to teach. You can't have satire if that's what they are actually saying...

I'm favorable to the periodic table. And I may flip a coin later to decide if I'm going to buy it or not.

Well it's funny because it's so absolutely ridiculous.

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:

Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  15:35:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy
And for a limited time when you order this bundle we will include free copies of the three of the best selling Intelligent Design documentaries: Unlocking the Mystery of Life, Privileged Planet, and The Case for Creator. Normally this bundle would retail for $125 but for a limited time you can order this EXPELLED Super Bundle for only $50 (including shipping anywhere in the U.S).

I think I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a stick.

Atheism:

Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  16:41:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While I'd be curious about seeing the movie... I do not want any of my money to tickle down back to the liars as a matter of principle.
Plus; I know I will have to cut it out after a wee bit out of sheer exasperation so I am not willing to doubly waste my hard earned money.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

TFarnon

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  21:46:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send TFarnon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Simon

Some funny T-shirts poking fun at the IDiot slogan...

I am partial to the turtle myself...

I like the cockroach one.

Bacteria RULE, Hominids drool
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  10:52:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a scarab; you know; rolling the sun around as they like to do...

Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  11:42:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Simon

It's a scarab; you know; rolling the sun around as they like to do...
It's still a good one as many scarabs roll around, not the sun, but actually balls of shit. As does the Discovery Institute, AiG, ICR, et al.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  12:31:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd say they're more like these guys:

- They thrive in the dark.
- They're long-lived.
- They feed their litters feces.

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  15:08:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Hawks

I'd say they're more like these guys:

- They thrive in the dark.
- They're long-lived.
- They feed their litters feces.

Oh, noes! You'll get Filthy started. Mole rats are among his favorite varmints!

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 11/08/2008 15:09:33
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.