Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Media Issues
 Journalism at it's ______ fill in the blank.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  07:25:06  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Devil is in the Details, Another Obama Connection You Ought to Know About
Could Lucifer play a role in this presidential election? It may sound crazy, but one of the candidates in this race has publicly praised, even emulated, a writer-activist who himself paid tribute to Lucifer. That's right, Lucifer, also known as the Devil, Satan, Beelzebub—you get the idea.

Do you think that admiring a Lucifer-admirer would make a difference to some voters?

If you've never heard of this true fact—and most Americans obviously haven't—well, that might help to explain why John McCain is behind in the polls.

OK, you might be asking, where is this Lucifer stuff coming from? It comes from a man named Saul Alinsky, who devoted his life to left-wing agitation in Chicago. He also wrote two seminal books, “Reveille for Radicals” and “Rules for Radicals,” still regarded as key how-to manuals for left-wing activists.
At this point, it might be a good idea to open the Saul Alinski link above and check this vile, Satan-worshiping traitor out.
Alinsky was a critic of mainstream liberalism, which he considered passive and ineffective. In Rules for Radicals, he argued that the most effective means are whatever will achieve the desired ends, and that an intermediate end for radicals should be democracy because of its relative ease to work within to achieve other ends of social justice. In 1969, he was awarded the Pacem in Terris Peace and Freedom Award.
Y'know, I seriously considered putting this screed in Humor, but it ain't all that funny when one considers that there's a hell of a lot of people who take Fox Bullshit seriously.
OK, so the Alinsky-Obama connection is real. But the full truth about Alinsky, and whom he admired, is so wacky, or so horrible, that even the media have been reluctant to get into the story. And so it has received relatively little play. Oh sure, if John McCain had expressed admiration for a Lucifer admirer, that would have been news, but as we all know, there's a media double standard on such things. That media bias is lamentable, of course, but for a Republican, it's part of the strategic landscape—one more roadblock to factor into any GOP victory strategy.

Speaking of McCain, he would seem to have the greatest interest in taking Obama down a peg—or, according to the latest calculation from RealClearPolitics, about seven points in the polls. So why hasn't he highlighted the Alinsky-Lucifer connection? Why hasn't the McCain-Palin ticket raised this issue, knowing full well that if the candidates say it, reporters have to cover it? Good questions. Did I mention that the Republican nominee is down seven points?
Could it be that the media & McCain/Palin are not bothering to mention it because there's nothing there worthy of mention?

Don'tcha just love it when they whine.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

DtheB

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  08:04:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send DtheB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much Filthy! Thank you! My friend bet me that the GOP would never stoop so low as to link Obama with satan, and now he owes me $10! And is it bad that I'm honestly not surprised by this?

The misuse of a tool does not negate its existence.
Go to Top of Page

leoofno
Skeptic Friend

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  08:55:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send leoofno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And Obama is now linked to Hitler! See, Obama is using the same hypnosis skill as Hitler to hypnotize the American people to support him:
http://www.pennypresslv.com/Obama's_Use_of_Hidden_Hypnosis_techniques_in_His_Speeches.pdf
Its really the ONLY explanation for his popularity.

I heard it on the radio this morning on the Walton and Johnson Show (broadcasts around New Orleans, at least) where they were quite seriously concerned about it.

"If you're not terrified, you're not paying attention." Eric Alterman
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2008 :  00:41:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And also McCain, the GOP and the NeoCons now find themselves "linked" to absolutely batshit craziness.

Funny, how Obama is being linked to people who were either active, or died during or before, Obama's early childhood. Considering the fabricated nature of smears that have been attempted on him, I have to surmise that Obama is one of the squeakiest-clean pols that has been seen in decades.

Also funny is that Alinsky/Lucifer "connection." It seems obvious that Saul Alinsky was merely employing a metaphor, rather than a Satanic religious belief, in that quote. But people in the GOP base, especially now that this base is boiled down to its most concentrated and bizarre essence, are knuckle-walkers who wouldn't know a semaphore from a medley. So James P. Pinkerton, who scripted this nonsense (and knows better) is just playing to the last rats to jump ship. But, frankly, this kind of bizarre stuff is about all that Fox and the GOP have left.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 10/25/2008 00:45:27
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2008 :  02:13:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by DtheB

Thank you so much Filthy! Thank you! My friend bet me that the GOP would never stoop so low as to link Obama with satan, and now he owes me $10! And is it bad that I'm honestly not surprised by this?
Always happy to help out -- be sure to spend the money foolishly. And Welcome to SFN!

A skeptic might be surprised by many things, and often is. Howsomever, experience with Fox News(?) has taught us that there are few surprises there; only low comedy performed by actors who can read a script but can't get a legitimate theater gig. To it's credit, Fox keeps these lame pickelherrings off the welfare roles.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2008 :  21:44:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only reason that SANE people should take Fox News seriously is because so many INsane people do. Gotta keep tabs on the bastards.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2008 :  07:23:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guilt by association with an imaginary being! That is so... 12th century. How can any thinking person take these ignorant delusional pigfuckers seriously?

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.