New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Leroy Jenkems

USA
1 Post

Posted - 10/26/2008 :  10:55:56  Show Profile Send Leroy Jenkems a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe that Anne Pressly was killed by the government for here role in this film, and the news was just published but I think she was offed.

"A television newswoman from Arkansas who had a small role in the movie 'W' has died several days after she was found beaten in her home, hospital officials said. Anne Pressly, 26, died in a Arkansas hospital on Saturday."

[Moved to the Conspiracy Theories folder - Dave W.]

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2008 :  11:46:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Leroy Jenkems

I believe that Anne Pressly was killed by the government for here role in this film, and the news was just published but I think she was offed.

"A television newswoman from Arkansas who had a small role in the movie 'W' has died several days after she was found beaten in her home, hospital officials said. Anne Pressly, 26, died in a Arkansas hospital on Saturday."
It's a little early for a definitive statement, but this has cheap thug written all over it. True, Bush is stupid enough, but I rather doubt it in this case. Indeed, I think they're gonna get the guy -- thugs tend to be even more stupid than Bush, unlikely as that sounds.
Police have yet to identify a suspect, though detectives have combed the area around Pressly's home in the Heights neighborhood — a mix of bungalows and mansions near the Little Rock Country Club. News reports have said detectives found evidence that Pressly's credit card was used Monday at a gas station a few miles from her home.

Pressly had a mere 30 second part in W because she slightly resembled Ann Coulter. Scarcely enough for a political revenge killing.
She had a small role in the new Oliver Stone movie "W.," which was filmed in Shreveport, La. She appears briefly as a conservative commentator who speaks favorably of President Bush's "Mission Accomplished" event on an aircraft carrier shortly after the start of the Iraq war.
But of course, with Bush, you can never be entirely sure.

Welcome to SFN, Leroy!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2008 :  12:57:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's seems really far stretched that the government would risk assassinating an American citizen for something as inconsequential...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2008 :  16:27:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Leroy.....

She might have been killed by a crazy fundie or über conservative, but I doubt it. If it was Cheney-sponsored - (a well funded, professional assassination) they would have gone for Josh Brolin, who did a great job of portraying Bush as the quintessential fool that he is!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2008 :  16:46:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Burglery gone sour, I think, an all too common occurance that no one is immune to. When they get the guy, he'll likely be trying again for some more money for a rock. Hopefully, be in a house belonging to the wrong person and will get blown away, saving the state & courts no little time & hassle.

Edit: a pissed-off boyfriend also cannot be ruled out.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 10/26/2008 16:48:29
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  03:29:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ill say it, your a fool to make such a baseless statement. We all know it was the malevolent little blue fairies who live in the Moon.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  07:42:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He isn't saying the government had anything to do with it, just that her killer's motive is due to her role in the movie. That isn't really all that far fetched.

There is no evidence to support the claim though.

As filthy says, it could just as easily (and probably more likely) have been a pissed off ex.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  07:59:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

He isn't saying the government had anything to do with it, just that her killer's motive is due to her role in the movie.
What part of "I believe that Anne Pressly was killed by the government for her role in this film" seems ambiguous to you?

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  11:06:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hummer.....

What part of "I believe that Anne Pressly was killed by the government for her role in this film" seems ambiguous to you?
"The government" is ambiguous. Cheneybush would employ totally mercenary private enterprise killers in no way employed by or associated with the government.
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  12:37:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hmmmmmm. It was such an absurd proposition that my brain filtered it out? Some sort of built in defense mechanism to protect a pre-caffeinated brain from injury?

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  12:50:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote

hmmmmmm. It was such an absurd proposition that my brain filtered it out? Some sort of built in defense mechanism to protect a pre-caffeinated brain from injury?
I'd find either explanation perfectly acceptable. Yeah, the OP made such a wild accusation on so little (none) evidence that my brain had to perform a double-take as well.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 10/27/2008 12:52:10
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  20:48:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats some funny shit... I read the OP, then I read some of the responses and went back and read the OP again... still filtered out the "government" phrase in that sentence!

Teach me to read message boards before caffeine!

-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  00:15:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Thats some funny shit... I read the OP, then I read some of the responses and went back and read the OP again... still filtered out the "government" phrase in that sentence!

Teach me to read message boards before caffeine!

Is such a thing even possible?

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  06:28:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pressly had a mere 30 second part in W because she slightly resembled Ann Coulter.

It certainly is a shame that this poor woman had to go through such a terrible beating and die.
But at the risk of sounding terrible crass - when I read the above comment from Filthy the first thought that went through my mind was that if she was told she resembled Ann Coulter maybe she beat herself to death.

Sorry

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

mariezzzz

1 Post

Posted - 11/01/2008 :  21:52:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send mariezzzz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Christ, you people are stupid. News anchorwomen are they most stalked group of people. Find something to do with your lives.
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2008 :  22:23:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Piss off and go fuck yourself!

Then provide some evidence for you assertion that news anchorwomen are stalked more than anyone else.

-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.