Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  18:22:04  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This retarded. Be warned, this may cause you physical injury upon reading.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  18:52:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is indeed retarded, in a fundy/paranoid fashion.

In a logical sense, it's like a smoker complaining that his right to breathe is threatened by someone who objects to him blowing smoke in the faces of others.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Zebra
Skeptic Friend

USA
354 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  22:35:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Zebra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You'd think that actually reading the Constitution would have crossed the mind of a candidate for national office.

.....Nah, why bother!

I think, you know, freedom means freedom for everyone* -Dick Cheney

*some restrictions may apply
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  23:02:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Like so many other intellectual lightweights and hypersensitive whiners, Palin obviously thinks her right to free speech entitles her to freedom from criticism.

I wouldn't vote for her for town dog-catcher unless she could pass a basic civics exam.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2008 :  03:52:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What with the Alaskan Independence Party and a couple of weird preachers of her own, she really doesn't have more than the narrowest position to be whining about someone else's associations.

And I note that she is again drooling the latest buzzword: 'elitist.' What the hell does that even mean in context? I mean, isn't being among the elite a good thing? Like an Olympic athlete, maybe? And yet here she is, struggling to become politically elite whilst using the word in a derogatory manner. I'm getting sick of hearing it.

Oh well; only a very few more days to go and she can, with any luck, return to the dingbat flock from whence she sprang.

The alternative would be unthinkable.....

And speaking of unthinkable, there is some serious speculation floating around that, if Ted Stephens wins, a good possibility, then goes to the poogie for corruption, also a good possibility, she'll snaffle up his Senate seat. I fear that whatever the outcome of this election, we've not seen nor, Dog help us, heard the last of Sarah "Barracuda" Palin.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2008 :  18:42:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is she too stupid to understand that she has the right to say whatever she wants, and we have the right to say she is wrong? This woman actually gets dumber every day.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2008 :  20:18:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by The Rat

Is she too stupid to understand that she has the right to say whatever she wants, and we have the right to say she is wrong? This woman actually gets dumber every day.
I'm for giving away Alaska. To Canada.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2008 :  20:50:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

I'm for giving away Alaska. To Canada.
What the hell did the Canadians deserve to earn such ire, Mooner? They put mayonaise on your fries one day or what?

The Russians are being mean, these days. Give them Alaska along with enough money to build a bridge to their mainland.

Putin. Palin. It's only two letters.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2008 :  22:33:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Plus, according to a certain movie; she has a thing with Russians.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2008 :  23:08:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Simon

Plus, according to a certain movie; she has a thing with Russians.
Movie? The Pundit Kitchen tells the tale:

Boy meets girl

Boy falls for girl

Boy loses girl

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  03:05:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's worse than you thought.

"The McCain campaign, during the 2008 election, has repeatedly attacked Barack Obama for advocating that the U.S. federal government seek more wealth equality in America, by "spreading the wealth." But McCain's running mate Sarah Palin is closely associated, as noted in a recent New York Times story, with "spiritual warfare", an aggressive approach to evangelizing developed by the leaders of a worldwide religious movement which promotes a religiously based wealth transfer scheme as a means to implement theocracy.

As the top leader of the New Apostolic Reformation, which extensive evidence suggests is Sarah Palin's chosen religious and political movement, C. Peter Wagner proclaimed, on June 21, 2006, that "God has declared through His prophets that the wealth of the wicked will be released to the Kingdom of God," and Wagner declared, threateningly, "the enemies' camp will be plundered."

Sarah Palin endorser Bishop Thomas Muthee, in a speech he gave before blessing and anointing Sarah Palin as a political leader, on October 16, 2005 at the Wasilla Assembly of God, laid out the same New Apostolic Reformation agenda, on how "God's kingdom" needed to "infiltrate" seven sectors of society. Muthee listed most of them: business and finance, schools and education, media and entertainment, politics and government.
Muthee also stated "The Bible says the wealth of the wicked is stored up for the righteous. Sarah Palin was in the audience. Minutes later, she was anointed, and blessed, with the laying on of hands.

Thomas Muthee is a top leader in C. Peter Wagner's movement, an internationally known celebrity in the New Apostolic Reformation and a personal friend of Wagner.

The New Apostolic Reformation is not a small movement: an apostle of C. Peter Wagner, one of the 500 apostles in Wagner's International Coalition of Apostles, owns what will be one of the tallest buildings in the world, the Jakarta Tower. One of the NAR's branches is successfully supplanting the Catholic Church in Brazil. The movement holds international conferences on advancing Christian hegemony in the business sector [link to PDF].

At the end of this post I've added the nine minute video in which Thomas Muthee urges "infiltration" of key sectors of society and then blesses and anoints Sarah Palin as a political leader. In other videos I've also added, leaders in the New Apostolic Reformation (NAR) describe and promote the same agenda for Christian theocratic takeover as did Muthee: the The Seven Mountains Mandate, in which seven key sectors of society are targeted for takeover.

Two top leaders in the New Apostolic Reformation, directors of "Spiritual Warfare" networks who hold other high level positions in the NAR are now definitively tied to Sarah Palin: at her entrance into politics at 24 and her emergence onto the national stage, as Alaska governor, in late 2006. There is considerable circumstantial evidence for the case that Sarah Palin is still in Mary Glazier's prayer warrior / spiritual warfare network.

A new 36 page report ( read online / PDF file / some of the highlights of the report ), from an independent research team that has specialized in studying Sarah Palin's faith, contains ground breaking information on a religious movement Sarah Palin is tied to and which advocates that its members "plunder" the wealth of the "godless".
The McCain campaign, during the 2008 election, has repeatedly attacked Barack Obama for advocating that the U.S. federal government seek more wealth equality in America, by "spreading the wealth."

But McCain's running mate Sarah Palin is closely associated, as noted in a recent New York Times story, with "spiritual warfare", an aggressive approach to evangelizing developed by the leaders of a worldwide religious movement which promotes a religiously based wealth transfer scheme as a means to implement theocracy.

As the top leader of the New Apostolic Reformation, which extensive evidence suggests is Sarah Palin's chosen religious and political movement, C. Peter Wagner proclaimed, on June 21, 2006, that "God has declared through His prophets that the wealth of the wicked will be released to the Kingdom of God."

Wagner detailed his religiously based wealth transfer scheme to power a theocratic takeover, stating "I declare that this wealth will be distributed for the extension of the Kingdom of God by the apostles that God has set in the church." Wagner made clear that that human agency would be a part of his wealth transfer scheme, and Wagner specifically singled out the "godless":"

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  10:11:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
6.2 stupids?

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

DtheB

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  14:40:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send DtheB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Goddamnit! I thought we left the dark ages centuries ago. So what the hell is this retarded lady doing running for office?

The misuse of a tool does not negate its existence.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  14:47:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Re: Filthy's reference, isn't the concept of telling fundies to plunder the godless a bit more extreme (not to mention inherently lawless, unconstitutional and violent) than the "accusation" that Obama is in favor (like Republican Teddy Roosevelt) of using progressive tax codes to spread the wealth around?

Hey, fundies, come and try to plunder my 12-gauge.

Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  16:26:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But... It's plundering for Christ.

Law; constitution; Human right... They all take a back seat when [i]the will of God[b] is concerned.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  17:29:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Simon

But... It's plundering for Christ.

Law; constitution; Human right... They all take a back seat when [i]the will of God[b] is concerned.
Christ can get off his lazy ass and do his own, damned plundering. He's had surrogates doing it for him for too long.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds.