Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  09:16:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Jorge_Banner
And we can be certain of that because communism has triumphed at every opportunity it was attempted. Very soon, with the help of the Beloved Leader barry hussein soetoro, the USA will be as successful as Cuba.
You aren't making sense. But perhaps you weren't trying to?
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  09:29:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Cuneiformist

And we can be certain of that because communism has triumphed at every opportunity it was attempted. Very soon, with the help of the Beloved Leader barry hussein soetoro, the USA will be as successful as Cuba.
I took it as a joke...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  09:54:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil
I took it as a joke...
I took it as a Jeromism.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 11/17/2008 09:57:36
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  11:00:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by H. Humbert

Originally posted by Kil
I took it as a joke...
I took it as a Jeromism.
Ha! That was my thought, too. Too few smilies though...
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  17:56:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After consulting the poster's previous history on SFN; I considered it a joke.
Indeed; he was smart and articulate in this other post and, either the encephalectomy team got to him in the meantime, this post is not worded as smartly enough to compare.

But, just in case, my standard response:

-I know many people that could argue quite convincingly that communist was actually never attempted.

-I am not sure where you are trying to call Barack Obama that way. He like the name Barack better than Barry; he was never adopted by Lolo Soetoro an;d had no reason to take his name and, while; like most Americans; he is not commonly using his middle name, there is no shame in being called 'Hussein' a very common name in Arabic or Muslim influenced culture including Christian ones such as Kenya.
You extremely strange choice for the name suggest that you are the kind of bigoted assholes that'd view the belonging to a different ethnic or religious group as detrimental. If that is the case, please allow me to say: 'Go fuck yourself dickhead', if that was not the case, please discard the previous statement.

-Yes, Barrack his rather beloved by people in the US and all around the world. That is a GOOD thing, by the way.

-Cuba is not, actually, doing that bad. Considering that it always was a third world country with minimum ressources and considering the decades long embargo of the Us, the fact that they are not doing so bad, even surpassing the ultra-rich United States in a couple of way (education level or health-care) really is impressive and illustrate that even such a corrupt and despotic government as Cuba can get it right from time to time.

Ps; I really hope that it is joke, but one can never underestimate the amount of close-mindedness and bile and misinformation floating around.

*Edited: after checking Mr Banner past posting history that suggest it to be a joke rather than just biliary trolling*

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Edited by - Simon on 11/17/2008 18:03:21
Go to Top of Page

Jorge_Banner

Argentina
6 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  05:30:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Jorge_Banner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Originally posted by bngbuck

Within a year or two, I believe the Obama administration will have accomplished some notable progress in steering the ship of state back on to a sensible and successful course. As this becomes more and more evident, the rancid ravings of Limbaugh will begin to appear utterly irrelevant to a very large majority of the electorate and his audience will shrink to the small minority of crazies that constitute the radical right wingnuts.

Clear Channel's advertising revenues will drop and Limbaugh and the Hannity, Beck, O'Reilly, etc. wannabes will incresingly diminish in influencing any but the terminally politically insane.

I think that Rush and his ilk's day has come and gone!

Wow, what a non-sequitur...

You have failed. Try again. Thank you for participating.

A is A
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  07:51:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Wow, what a non-sequitur...

You have failed. Try again. Thank you for participating.

I didn't connect "barry hussein soetoro" as the President elect.
Now I can clearly see that you were making a joke.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  11:11:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
...Now I can clearly see that you were making a joke.

He was making a far-rightwing pseudo-joke. Briefly Googling the poster's name reveals some participation in far-rightwing websites. Here just trolling along.
One for the "ignore" list or as an occasional supplement to the irrational.

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds.