Dirtbag politicians
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2008 :  23:47:06  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28148126/

Selling a Senat seat? Yeah, this guy should be taken out and beaten....

But really, here is my wager: The rightwing will raise hell about this guy and try to dirty up Obama with him, because they both know Resco(or whatever that asshole's name is).

And the dems will not be capable of countering the rhetoric.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  05:25:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That sleaze-bag Rod Blagojevich is just the latest in a parade of criminals who have disgraced the office of the Illinois governor.

I don't think any mud's going to stick to Obama, because one of the things the investigator mentioned on the news report I saw was that Blagojevich had been wiretapped making a statement about how pissed he was that the Obama people wouldn't play ball.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 12/10/2008 05:26:53
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  07:10:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Agreein' with the moon man, none of it's gonna stick to Obama, if only because the country is good and fed up with White Water-Ken Star bullshit. Of course, that won't stop the imbecilic diarrhea puddles on the far-away-from-reality right from trying anyway.

They'll be fun to watch. And throw things at.

Blagojevich has been past due for a long time. Stories of his corruption have been kicking around for, according to my brother who lives in IL, as long as he's been in office. It's just that they finally got a righteous prosecutor with a pair of balls on his case.

Merry Fitzmas to one and all!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  08:58:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just heard on the news that number 5 on his list for a senate seat was willing to play and pay. A suggestion was made that 5 should get a lawyer, because whoever 5 is will be indited too...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

UniConst

15 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  09:28:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send UniConst a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From Dude's reference:

"Even in this city inured to political chicanery — three other governors have been convicted in the past 35 years and numerous officeholders from Chicago have gone to prison for graft — the latest charges were stunning. And not just for the vulgarity, but for the naked greed, the recklessness and the self-delusion they suggest."

What else could be expected from Chicago (and Ill.)? At least New Yuck's Tamany Hall talked about "Honest Graft" (as per M. Pluncket).

The Universe is not constant.
Go to Top of Page

UniConst

15 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  10:34:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send UniConst a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Agreein' with the moon man, none of it's gonna stick to Obama..."

Don't know much about this, but Obaba ran for prexy as his home being Hawaii. Wouldn't doubt that much of his election as Senator from Illinois was because he was a "Chicago outsider" and so not a part of Chicago's corrupt political machine.

(P.S. I'm so skeptical of the entire U.S. political system that I didn't vote for anyone this time. )

The Universe is not constant.
Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  11:19:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All the senate seats are sold these days.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  11:25:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I could never afford a senate seat; I always go on the bleachers...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  11:29:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good news for Obama is that he is on tape saying 'the Obama people wont give me anything except appreciation'

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  12:34:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

Good news for Obama is that he is on tape saying 'the Obama people wont give me anything except appreciation'
Heh, and now he won't even get that.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  03:16:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a video commentary on Rod Blagojevich. The commentor, Cenk Uygur, talks about how good this all is for Obama: "He's been tested." Oygur also says it now appears Obama's Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel himself turned in Blagojevich to the Feds after Blago demanded corrupt favors from the Obama people.

[Edit: Corrected Emanuel's names. Thanks, Fil! Dang, but Illinois is filled with people with non-Anglo-Saxon names!]

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 12/11/2008 05:36:12
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  04:45:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Here's a video commentary on Rod Blagojevich. The commentor, Cenk Uygur, talks about how good this all is for Obama: "He's been tested." Oygur also says it now appears Obama's Chief of Staff Ron Emmanuel himself turned in Blagojevich to the Feds after Blago demanded corrupt favors from the Obama people.

Rahm! Buy 'em books, send 'em to school, and whadda they do? They eat the books!

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 12/11/2008 04:47:14
Go to Top of Page

Original_Intent
SFN Regular

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  05:54:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Original_Intent a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He knows he's a scumbag.... He knows he is going down for being a scumbag..... So... Federal lock-up or nuthouse:

He added: "I think this is beyond ordinary sanity. We're talking about something clinical here. This is beyond logic. It's beyond greed as we know it."

He slides by with a little help from his friends?

The Circus of Carnage... because you should be able to deal with politicians like you do pissant noobs.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.