Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  20:06:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But, but ... sweet potatoes are delicious.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  01:12:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A pity that these can't be made into a slide show and downloaded for a screen-saver. They're that good.

Thanks for lots of chuckles.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  05:48:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by moakley

Well, they a chock-full of vitamins and fiber, and are inexpensive. But I've hated them since I was a kid. Just a personal thing between me and sweet potatoes.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  05:49:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

A pity that these can't be made into a slide show and downloaded for a screen-saver. They're that good.

If anyone has that capability, they are welcome to try.

Thanks, Fil!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  04:27:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

If anyone has that capability, they are welcome to try.

Thanks, Fil!

Done & done. All I did was to create a new folder in my Pictures file, load each image to it individually, then assign the folder to the screen-saver. Easier'n falling off a log, but still, not too shabby for someone who has only slightly more computer skills than Bush.

Unfortunately, there's not enough of it. Yet!

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  10:38:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Done & done. All I did was to create a new folder in my Pictures file, load each image to it individually, then assign the folder to the screen-saver. Easier'n falling off a log, but still, not too shabby for someone who has only slightly more computer skills than Bush.

I'm always happy to try to amuse, but I've just about milked these produce labels dry.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  11:05:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I'm always happy to try to amuse, but I've just about milked these produce labels dry.

Something unexpected has happened. The Moonscapes are in their own folder and run as such, but when I switch back to just my pictures, they join it. Syncopated. It has turned into a pretty remarkable and never boring screen-saver. I'm looking to gradually expand it from other Moonscapes as well as the web.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  14:32:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Well, they a chock-full of vitamins and fiber, and are inexpensive. But I've hated them since I was a kid. Just a personal thing between me and sweet potatoes.

I never cared for them either until I reluctantly tried "sweet potato French fries." They are fantastically good. Also "sweet potato pie" is almost identical in taste to pumpkin pie, (if you like pumpkin pie), but a steamed regular sweet potato by itself is awful.

While I'm on this trivial subject - for a health tip - of all things, string beans/green beans can be trimmed, drizzled with olive oil, salted and baked in an oven at 450F for about 15 minutes. Believe it or not, a wonderful replacement for regular French fries.

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  18:34:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I'll have to try that soon. Must be healthier than fried spuds, anyway.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  04:57:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

S'ok, now that I've got it going, I'll pick through the archives for more. Never again will my screen-saver be boring (it wasn't before, but you see what I'm sayin'). Thanks!

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  15:04:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Chippewa

I never cared for them either until I reluctantly tried "sweet potato French fries." They are fantastically good. Also "sweet potato pie" is almost identical in taste to pumpkin pie, (if you like pumpkin pie), but a steamed regular sweet potato by itself is awful.
When baked to the point where their innards turn to mush well, you just ruined a good sweet potato.

I do enjoy sweet potato fries and pies. Another simple way to enjoy is to take about 4 potatoes and slice each end to end. Take each half and cut them into 1/8" slices. Mix with some brown sugar and add a little butter. Wrap in foil and throw it on the grill.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Hittman
Skeptic Friend

134 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  18:57:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hittman's Homepage Send Hittman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cafe Press has magnets in small quantities.

I've made magnets out of business cards. You can get sticky backed magnets for this pretty cheap. Print up some of your designs on glossy paper, trim to size, and volla!

When a vampire Jehovah's Witness knocks on your door, don't invite him in. Blood Witness: http://bloodwitness.com

Get Smartenized® with the Quick Hitts blog: http://www.davehitt.com/blog2/index.phpBlog
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.