Ann Coulter -- what's not to love?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  05:15:54  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It would appear that our Ann has yet another book out; required reading for all who would suck up to the neoconservative/religo-fascists, and those who enjoy a masochistic chuckle, now & again.
Guilty: Coulter's latest book filled with falsehoods

Summary: Media Matters has examined a copy of Ann Coulter's new book, Guilty, and presents a sampling of the book's numerous falsehoods. These falsehoods include her defense of claims made against Sen. John Kerry by the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth; her assertion that "Fox News has never been caught promoting a fraud"; and her claim that President-elect Barack Obama was referring to Gov. Sarah Palin when he said "you know, you can put lipstick on a pig; it's still a pig."
Well, Obama wasn't referring Palin with his "lipstick on a pig" remark, but I certainly was, and he missed a damned good chance.

Ah Annie, Annie, your words inspire us all. You're pretty in a malnourished sort of way, you're articulate, you have a lot more courage than the poltroons you lionize, and you are a guiding beacon to Young Republicans everywhere. What indeed is not to love -- oh,wait, there's that!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  06:18:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good catch, Fil!

Also, Media Matters has these excepts which go into even more detail about the lies, racism, and sexism that Coulter is now spewing:
* Coulter says the Democratic primaries were a contest of "Who's the Biggest Pussy?":

Liberals' hysterical obsession with the "Republican Attack Machine" turns Democratic primaries into a contest of: "Who's the Biggest Pussy?" Although I would have voted for "All of Them," inasmuch as none of the Democrats could face questions from Fox News's Brit Hume, the winner turned out to be [Barack] Obama. Hillary [Clinton] claimed to be a victim of Republicans, while Obama claimed to be a victim of Republicans, Hillary, and racists. [Page 79]

. . .

* Coulter calls children whose parents divorce "future strippers" in a chapter titled "Victim of a Crime? Thank a Single Mother":

In any event, divorced mothers should be called "divorced mothers," not "single mothers." We also have a term for the youngsters involved: "the children of divorce," or as I call them, "future strippers." It is a mark of how attractive it is to be a phony victim that divorcées will often claim to belong to the more disreputable category of "single mothers." [Page 36]

Later in the chapter, Coulter writes: "Single motherhood is like a farm team for future criminals and social outcasts." [Page 38]

. . .

* Coulter calls children whose parents divorce "future strippers" in a chapter titled "Victim of a Crime? Thank a Single Mother":

In any event, divorced mothers should be called "divorced mothers," not "single mothers." We also have a term for the youngsters involved: "the children of divorce," or as I call them, "future strippers." It is a mark of how attractive it is to be a phony victim that divorcées will often claim to belong to the more disreputable category of "single mothers." [Page 36]

Later in the chapter, Coulter writes: "Single motherhood is like a farm team for future criminals and social outcasts." [Page 38]
And on and on. "The Insect" is simply spewing venom and hatred pretty much like Phelps, at everyone in general, much of it not even political.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 01/06/2009 14:16:13
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  07:50:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be sure to tell my daughter when she's older that some elements of the right wing label her a "future stripper".

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  07:58:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
She's more to be pitied than scolded, though, because, you see, she suffers from a very common but little studied medical condition known as Fabricatus skanki. My understanding is that it might be related to Tourette's syndrome, but the studies are incomplete. At any rate, she has little control over it and is forced to spew out whatever nonsense pops into her head, bidden or otherwise, at any, given time.

How sad and hilarious.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  09:07:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

She's more to be pitied than scolded, though, because, you see, she suffers from a very common but little studied medical condition known as Fabricatus skanki. My understanding is that it might be related to Tourette's syndrome, but the studies are incomplete. At any rate, she has little control over it and is forced to spew out whatever nonsense pops into her head, bidden or otherwise, at any, given time.

How sad and hilarious.

I disagree. She isn't stupid and I dont' think she believes the lies she tells. She is a leach, getting rich off the conservative dumbshits that buy her garbage books. And she doesn't give a shit what harm her work causes, so long as the books sell. In that sense she's an expert capitalist in the worst sense and she deserves any thinking person's scorn and disgust. And the fact that her work influences voters is an argument for limits on free (political) speech, or at least some sort of honesty requirement. Perhaps a label for such books is in order: "WARNING: THE CONTENTS OF THIS BOOK ARE NOT HELD TO ANY REASONABLE STANDARD OF TRUTH."

-Chaloobi

Edited by - chaloobi on 01/06/2009 09:12:20
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  09:33:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by chaloobi

How sad and hilarious.

I disagree. She isn't stupid and I dont' think she believes the lies she tells. She is a leach, getting rich off the conservative dumbshits that buy her garbage books. And she doesn't give a shit what harm her work causes, so long as the books sell. In that sense she's an expert capitalist in the worst sense and she deserves any thinking person's scorn and disgust. And the fact that her work influences voters is an argument for limits on free (political) speech, or at least some sort of honesty requirement. Perhaps a label for such books is in order: "WARNING: THE CONTENTS OF THIS BOOK ARE NOT HELD TO ANY REASONABLE STANDARD OF TRUTH."
I agree. She is a cynical self promoter who knows and panders to her readers.

I saw her interviewed this morning and when the question came up about her removal from the National Review because they feared she had a sanity problem, she just laughed and asked "Who is selling more books?"

She revels in our hatred of her.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  12:27:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by chaloobi

How sad and hilarious.

All merely symptoms of the disease. As stated, it is quite common, showing up in a great many conservatives, politicians and pundits alike, and most if not all pastors of mega-churchs.

Coulter is no more than a little raw noise and sewage humor beside them. She's been all but irrelevant for some time now and grows more so almost daily. The only portion of the population who actually buys into her tripe are the same ones who are still gasping with unrequited lust for Sarah Palin. I've read that much if not most of her book sales are in bulk to organizations that give them out to the faithful as freebies.

I think we should petition for a research grant to study Fabricaeus skanki and see if there can be found a cure not administered with a bludgeon.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  15:47:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's folksinger/comedian Roy Zimmerman's new video of his song tribute to Ann Coulter, "My Conservative Girlfriend."

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  16:55:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ann Coulter is a skank on a stick, or is it the other way around?

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Hittman
Skeptic Friend

134 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  09:04:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hittman's Homepage Send Hittman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I used to find Ann sadly entertaining in a Special Olympics kind of way. But she crossed over to pathetic about four books ago.

Besides, post operative transsexuals creep me out.

When a vampire Jehovah's Witness knocks on your door, don't invite him in. Blood Witness: http://bloodwitness.com

Get Smartenized® with the Quick Hitts blog: http://www.davehitt.com/blog2/index.phpBlog
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  09:22:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jon Stewart aired a clip the other night of Coulter and O'Rielly bickering over who's sold more books.
Yes, I have.
No, you haven't.
Yes, I have.
No, you haven't.
I kid you not.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  13:44:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Jon Stewart aired a clip the other night of Coulter and O'Rielly bickering over who's sold more books.
Yes, I have.
No, you haven't.
Yes, I have.
No, you haven't.
I kid you not.
I read about that!

Really, what does it matter which has sold the most books unless you've a wager on it, eh? Heh, then the value would become which won the bet for you. Unfortunately, the various texts themselves are worthless, so the wager would be like betting on a cockroach race -- which I've done, incidentally (during the Suez Crisis in the late '50s. It was an entertainment for bored sailors long at sea, and it was vastly more entertaining and indeed, important than anything either has written or said in decades).

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  14:46:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's the clip. I got the wording wrong, but the silliness remains.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.