Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  06:56:48  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Darwin Busters -- BOO-YAH! Take that, you God damned (damned by God, that is) Darwiniarian pettifoggers. We've put you in your place now!
This website is written to provide persons of faith substantial and significant evidence that Earth was designed by a Creator Who has provided for humankind's every need.
This website does not deal directly with evolution or the origin of species. We focus instead on the origin of the Earth.
We propose cogent reasons why the Earth itself must have been Intelligently Designed. In so doing, we prove indirectly, but conclusively, that Darwin was wrong

Gotta give 'em top marks for perseverance, don't we? And look at the aerobic exercise all that hand-waving gives them. These guys are really on top of the game.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

leoofno
Skeptic Friend

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  08:51:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send leoofno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An example of the quality of the site:

"Did you know that our Earth's atmosphere is absolutely perfect for having STABLE FIRES? Fire needs oxygen to burn and if our atmosphere had just one percentage less oxygen, fire would not burn and humankind would not have been able to make fires. But also, if our atmosphere had just one percentage more oxygen, fires would burn out of control."

A simple 1 minute internet search turned up multiple sources showing that fires can burn in as little as 16 percent oxygen (current atmospheric concentration is 21 percent). Didn't see sources for how high it would need to be to be uncontrolled.

Sheesh.

"If you're not terrified, you're not paying attention." Eric Alterman
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  09:29:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by leoofno

An example of the quality of the site:

"Did you know that our Earth's atmosphere is absolutely perfect for having STABLE FIRES? Fire needs oxygen to burn and if our atmosphere had just one percentage less oxygen, fire would not burn and humankind would not have been able to make fires. But also, if our atmosphere had just one percentage more oxygen, fires would burn out of control."

A simple 1 minute internet search turned up multiple sources showing that fires can burn in as little as 16 percent oxygen (current atmospheric concentration is 21 percent). Didn't see sources for how high it would need to be to be uncontrolled.

Sheesh.

Nice to see that our atmosphere was designed errrrrr just so happened to have a greater then 16 percent ratio then.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  11:54:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not getting it, Bill. What he's pointing out is that the "window" for fire burning is a lot wider than the 1 percent that the article was implying; therefore there's less "fine-tuning" that would have been necessary, and less of a "need" for a fine-tuner to exist. Something like that.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  11:57:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Bill scott

Nice to see that our atmosphere was designed errrrrr just so happened to have a greater then 16 percent ratio then.
It didn't always, Bill.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  12:01:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Isn't it amazing that just enough news happens everyday to fill all the world's newspapers?

This is proof that God designed and oversees all daily human and world events around the 24 hour clock he invented. Those news Darwinists think that events; such as weather, agriculture, culture, politics, economics, war, peace, etc., are interconnected.

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

leoofno
Skeptic Friend

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  12:22:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send leoofno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Bill scott
[br

I think T_I covered my meaning quite suscinctly.

So Bill, you really think that web site makes some good points? I mean, really?

"If you're not terrified, you're not paying attention." Eric Alterman
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  12:47:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well; it does now, if it was designed, it was designed poorly and nature had to correct God's negligence...
But one would expect the O2 concentration to reach some sort of equilibrium: the lowest the concentration of oxygen, the highest the concentration of CO2 and hence, the highest photosynthesis... That this equilibrium point is located very roughly into the same bullpark as something permitting a phenomenon our particular specie find useful is hardly that impressive.

And, of course, the origin of the earth, just as the origin of life itself, has nothing to do with Darwin's theory of Evolution. Even if both were created ex nihilo, it would not affect the validity of evolutionary sciences.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

Tim
SFN Regular

USA
775 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  19:17:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Tim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Man, I thought this site was a hoax, until I checked out the links. Now, I'm just think the owner is dumb...really dumb.

I did get a little nostalgic about my early days as a residential electrician, though.

From the site;
Earth has every kind of tree we need, including the crucial RUBBER TREE. From the sap of the rubber tree, our forefathers used fire to make the rubber we needed to insulate electrical wires. Without rubber, we could not have harnessed electricity

Wow, I remember knob and tube wiring. It knocked the hell out of me the first time I saw it. Well, I actually touched it--Not too smart, but I was young, dumb and had no idea why those bare wires ran through that attic. Funny thing, though— I never saw any rubber on it!

I did the same thing with my first cloth romex. I grabbed it and the cloth had dry rotted. It crumbled in my hands before burning me. But still, I never saw any rubber. I'm still trying to find rubber wire insulation.

"We got an issue in America. Too many good docs are gettin' out of business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their -- their love with women all across this country." Dubya in Poplar Bluff, Missouri, 9/6/2004
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  20:12:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cloth romex? Oh, you mean spaghetti!
Old Heathkit oscilloscope instruction: "Cover all wires with spaghetti."

Idiot who sent kit back for repair: "I couldn't figure out how to drill a hole in the spaghetti, so I covered the wires with elbow macaroni."
The insulation I knew as a kid was plastic. And plastic still covers the everyday power cord. But now, all the low-voltage stuff is covered in Teflon.

The only rubber I know of in electronics is the plugs they put in the bottom of some "can" style capacitors. But it's been years since I've seen that, too.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  20:25:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Cloth romex? Oh, you mean spaghetti!
Old Heathkit oscilloscope instruction: "Cover all wires with spaghetti."

Idiot who sent kit back for repair: "I couldn't figure out how to drill a hole in the spaghetti, so I covered the wires with elbow macaroni."
The insulation I knew as a kid was plastic. And plastic still covers the everyday power cord. But now, all the low-voltage stuff is covered in Teflon.

The only rubber I know of in electronics is the plugs they put in the bottom of some "can" style capacitors. But it's been years since I've seen that, too.
The very old but functional inter-office and office-to-customer phone cables I worked with back in the 1960's had the individual wires wrapped in thin paper, then twisted in pairs, and the whole cable sheathed in lead. The more modern cables around back then used vinyl insulation, with the sheathing made of thin corrugated aluminum, with a polyethylene outer jacket. No rubber anywhere.

I wonder if this Creo jackass knows anything about anything.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 01/16/2009 20:26:06
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  20:42:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

I wonder if this Creo jackass knows anything about anything.
Hey, if he's only wrong about a few things, he wouldn't be reaching his full potential.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Tim
SFN Regular

USA
775 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  21:28:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Tim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, while there's all different sorts of insulating material, most modern wire is insulated with PVC and often with Teflon, including cable jackets. However, some electrical cables like SOW cord use CPE or EPDM/EPR rubber. Some cables even use silicon rubber such as in high voltage composite cables. However, it appears that our website designer thinks that this stuff comes from the para rubber tree.

"We got an issue in America. Too many good docs are gettin' out of business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their -- their love with women all across this country." Dubya in Poplar Bluff, Missouri, 9/6/2004
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  02:20:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Automotive ignition wires used to be. Don't know what they use today.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  07:03:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

Not getting it, Bill. What he's pointing out is that the "window" for fire burning is a lot wider than the 1 percent that the article was implying; therefore there's less "fine-tuning" that would have been necessary, and less of a "need" for a fine-tuner to exist. Something like that.

And I am just glad that the window was designed, errrrrrrrrr, just so happened to be that which allowed controlled fire burning, life, internal combustion engines and all that other fun stuff.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

Edited by - Bill scott on 01/17/2009 07:10:18
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  07:05:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Simon

And, of course, the origin of the earth, just as the origin of life itself, has nothing to do with Darwin's theory of Evolution.

I could not agree anymore.

Even if both were created ex nihilo, it would not affect the validity of evolutionary sciences.

What validity? This is nothing but your belief system.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.