Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  09:29:15  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.dccc.org/content/sorry

Heh. This is a fun idea...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  09:31:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I get the impression the Democrats do enjoy kicking a Party when it's down. So do I.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  11:11:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  12:54:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found that highly amusing, however I don't think apologizing to the swine in a form letter would have quite the humble, apologetic tone I'd prefer. Face-to-face with this enemy of the nation would be so much better......

Anyhow, I hope he gets lots & lots of apologies from everyone.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  13:22:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a variation:

Hi Rush,

Sorry about saying "Limbaugh and Bin Laden both want America to fail" and applying the term "tacit treason" to your political pronouncements.

Sorry about further saying your Republican Party, through your pronouncements and past actions has tacitly placed itself with those who want to harm America and in effect joined Al Qaeda when you accused the opposition of weakening the country and hope America economically fails rather than help strengthen it, even if only with constructive criticism.

Chippewa

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  18:44:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry, Rush, for comparing your appearance to that of Hermann Goering. It is not appearances that matter, after all. What matters is that you behave like that Nazi Goering.

Go to Top of Page

Robb
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  19:56:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Robb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

I'm sorry, Rush, for comparing your appearance to that of Hermann Goering. It is not appearances that matter, after all. What matters is that you behave like that Nazi Goering.

Yeah, Rush has responsibilty for murdering over 6 million people. get off it. He is just a blow hard that casuses trouble for the right. The fact is that the left and the media make him to be a monster and want to supress his free speech. But no one reports on comments from Al Franken on his radio program that are just as controversial about conservatives.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. - George Washington
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  20:31:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Robb

Yeah, Rush has responsibilty for murdering over 6 million people. get off it. He is just a blow hard that casuses trouble for the right. The fact is that the left and the media make him to be a monster and want to supress his free speech. But no one reports on comments from Al Franken on his radio program that are just as controversial about conservatives.

The comparison to acting like Goering is inaccurate.

He acts much more like Joseph Goebbles.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  00:10:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The fact is that the left and the media make him to be a monster and want to supress his free speech.
Rush made a monster of himself. And right now, the best thing for Democrats would be for Rush to talk more.
But no one reports on comments from Al Franken on his radio program that are just as controversial about conservatives.
Really? I haven't listened to Franken in over 15 years, probably. Did he claim that a Parkinson's victim was exaggerating his symptoms on purpose (with miming and sarcastic tone)?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  00:31:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

The comparison to acting like Goering is inaccurate.

He acts much more like Joseph Goebbles.
Sigh. Of course, you're right, V_D.

Robb: Rush Limbaugh has been an effective lying blowhard who has for years hurt a lot of people. Only recently, like a fading Joe McCarthy, has he started to hurt the Right. I never heard a liberal say that Limbaugh should be taken off the air. In fact, now, most of us want him to get more and more attention!

And, uh, Robb: Al Franken's show is off the air. Since February 14, 2007.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 03/07/2009 01:22:28
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  10:48:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rush Limbaugh is a reprehensible human being. He adds nothing but discord the the political dialogue in spite of being a not-half-bad orator. He puts on a school-yard bully persona but in actuality, he is too big a candy-ass to take on any sort of a real challenge. His offer to the president to debate is a case in point; he knows perfectly well that Obama hasn't the time for this sort of foolishness and will either ignore him (most likely) or turn him down flat. Then he'll crow about Obama being afraid of him, when he is actually the real coward here.

Having Republicans apologize to him has given him an entirely unwarranted opinion of his self-worth. He believes that he is majestic but he is a mere blatherskite, a noisy, puffed-up popinjay elevated to semi-importance by a political party terrified that they'll lose their relevance. Which they are doing well enough just on their own. To the rest of us, he is a dog-turd stuck to a shoe sole, magnificent only in it's stench.

Having few ethics and virtually no moral conscience, he feels free to lie without end and has become quite wealthy at it. As he has been rewarded for this, like a Pavlovian experiment he will mindlessly continue on, that is, until the Republicans finally wise up and scrape him off of their collective shoe. I don't see that happening any time soon, the Republican leaders being what they are.

So ok, here's an apology for you, Rushy baby: I'm really sorry that you are such an ignorant, pus-gutted load in the pants of America. I really regret that anyone bothers to listen to you and I writhe in remorse that anyone at all believes anything you say. And I'm really sorry that you have become the Fred Phelps of AM radio, a hater deserving nothing beyond an intense loathing and a vigorous size 13 in the fundement – anything smaller would get lost in it.

But hey, Rush ain't all bad; he wears some really splendid neckties!

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  07:12:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

This bothers me a little, Robb. It's not just the straw man, but the accusation of suppressing free speech.

Straw man first: of course Rush had nothing to do with the Holocaust; he hadn't even been whelped yet. But I will remind that he cheered lustily as Bush presided over the slaughter of something like 1,000,000 innocent Iraqis.

No one is trying to take free speech away from Rush. He has the privilege to spout any vicious nonsense he wishes, and does, ad nauseum. But at the same time, I enjoy the freedom to heap scorn and ridicule upon him at any & every opportunity, and do with gusto. And 'mooner is at liberty to make unfavorable comparisons of him and I wish he'd do more of it. And you, my friend, are have every right to take us to task for it, but please; no more logical fallacies even in sarcasm; they tend to dilute the argument.

I've never caught Franken's act and know only a little background on him, but it seems to me that Coleman is making a perfect ass of himself.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  09:09:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would be interested in Robb's evidence that the left and the media are trying to suppress Limbaugh's free speech. They may criticize/ridicule him and the media may not air a lot of his drivel, but that is not suppression of free speech. When an ignorant dipshit like Limbaugh is driveling along, nobody is obligated to take his inane ramblings seriously or to air them on radio or television.

Rightfully ridiculing and/or ignoring the incoherent ramblings of a bigoted dipshit is not suppression of free speech.

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
-Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll-
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  10:34:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't miss out on Rush the Hutt.

You know, it's hard to suppress someone's free speech when you need his speech in order to make fun of him.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  10:42:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Robb:
The fact is that the left and the media make him to be a monster and want to supress his free speech.

As Dave said, we want him to talk even more. His own mouth does more to demonstrate what a lunatic he is than any comments we can make about him. And the media loves a bloviated blowhard of his stature.

As for Rush, he is more than happy about the attention he is getting. He is happy as a pig in shit. (My apology to actual pigs who probably don't deserve that analogy, and who do more to serve us than Rush has ever done.) After eight years of being largely ignored, except for things like, you know, drug busts, he is top dog again among those independent thinkers on the right who call themselves "dito heads".

As much as I hate Rush Limbaugh, I love the bastard for showing us, by word anyhow, at least one segment of the right for what it is...

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  10:58:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Don't miss out on Rush the Hutt.

You know, it's hard to suppress someone's free speech when you need his speech in order to make fun of him.
That's just beautiful. A perfect demonstration of why it would be a shame to shut that bloviated blowhard bastard up...

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.