Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  13:21:19  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, so, a funny thing happened at the Doctors on Monday. I went in to have him fill out a form and for a follow up visit and he threw me into the hospital. Seems I had too much fluid in my lungs due to not coughing like a normal person due to a broken rib that hurts when I cough due to coughing too hard during a cold I have but shouldn't have anymore but is recurring and going on two months now because I am not coughing it out. (Actually, it's been recurring for a lot of people so I'm not so sure the rib is to blame for that.)

The upshot is I wasn't (and am now only borderline) getting enough oxygen when I breath. Much of the fluid is gone now and I am able to breath much better, but I have a ways to go. And, the broken rib has now been confirmed by x-ray.

Couple that with the completely unsatisfactory experience I had in the ER last Saturday (not all of you know about that), and the last week has been a real slice.

Anyhow, there it is...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  13:28:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Damn, Kil, bad stretch of luck there. Let's hope you've finally turned a corner. See, you should have asked Tilton for a miraculous healing when you had the chance...

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  14:37:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, Kil. Why didn't they just remove the offending rib? There's a book out which says that men can survive such an operation.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  14:56:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Welcome back, Kil. Why didn't they just remove the offending rib? There's a book out which says that men can survive such an operation.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  17:41:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hope you're feeling better soon, Aqualung!

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  18:58:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just hate it when the fundies pray to Yahweh to do that smiting thing.

Heal soon, Kil! Do you have oxygen to help you through?

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  21:33:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

I just hate it when the fundies pray to Yahweh to do that smiting thing.

Heal soon, Kil! Do you have oxygen to help you through?

The doctor considered it but decided I was progressing fast enough. I see him on Friday. If I'm still not getting enough, he will probably get me on oxygen. But I hope that doesn't happen.

And thanks!

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  03:16:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm reminded of an old sayng: "It's gotta get better 'cause it can't get no worse." Complete and utter crap of coure, as it is with most old sayings.

Take care of yourself, bro.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  04:10:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

...If I'm still not getting enough, he will probably get me on oxygen. But I hope that doesn't happen.

I hope you're feeling better!

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  05:59:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Get well soon!

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  08:29:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Same here, mucho get well wishes from me...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  11:14:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks all!!! I'm definitely better than what got me addmitted to the hospital. Hell, my breathing sounded like a coffee percolator. My lungs are pretty clear now. I am also on codeine, prednisone and an antibiotic. Coughing hard (getting stuff up) is still problematic and depends on how much my rib is hurting me when I need to cough. Sigh...

Thing about a broken rib is there isn't much that can be done about it accept to not move it and I keep aggravating it because of the cough. So either I hurt my rib or I hurt my lungs by holding back on my coughs. It's a kind of like the old "Lime in the Coconut" song by Nilsson, where the illness and the cure are the same, only in my case, they are at cross purposes. One cure cancels out the other.

But hey, I really am doing much better. I will know more tomorrow when I see the doc again.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  13:33:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Seems I had too much fluid in my lungs due to not coughing like a normal person due to a broken rib that hurts when I cough due to coughing too hard during a cold I have but shouldn't have anymore but is recurring and going on two months now because I am not coughing it out.

You might want to think about putting the ciggs aside.

I am no doctor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  13:48:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bill Scott:

My ciggs are put aside...

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  22:33:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sweet geez, hope you get better soon...though at least it sounds like things are kind of under some kind of control.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  15:04:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Bill Scott:

My ciggs are put aside...

So if Kil goes off and fires someone in a rage, we'll know he didn't really mean it.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.