Mission accomplished, all SETI projects shut down
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  02:21:41  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"It was good science, but there simply are no ET's"

Hat Creek, California (SNN), May 3, 2009 -- In a surprise move, a joint press conference of all Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence (SETI) organizations today announced that the half-century quest to find signals from alien civilizations has been shut down all over the world.

Dr. Georg Smörgåsbord, University of California astrobiologist and Chairman of the SETI Foundation, stated, "As of today, all attempts to identify signals from space have been discontinued. The overwhelming, almost unanimous consensus of the scientists who have been involved in this search have concluded that this is simply a field of study without a real subject. I wish to extend my profound thanks to all those who have been involved in this work. Decades of research by thousands of brilliant and dedicated men and women was not wasted.

"It was good science, but there simply are no ET's. A negative scientific discovery is also a valid discovery. There are no alien civilizations, and now we must all move on. Thank you for attending this press conference. I'm sorry, but I have meetings to attend, and I have no time to answer questions."

Laid-off SETI scientists from Hat Creek wouldn't talk with reporters.

None of the grim-faced scientists attending the press conference would answer questions, either on or off the record.

While getting into his car to leave, a ScienceNewsNow reporter was approached in the Hat Creek facility's parking lot by a furtive and disheveled woman in a dirty lab coat. "It's not that it was nothing we heard, you know, you know!" the woman said. "No, ha-ha-ha! It's what we heard! I know, I know what you think you want to know, but if you knew, you'd wish you didn't know, you know!" Before SNN could ask for a clarification, the woman ran away, alternately giggling and screaming as she ran.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 05/03/2009 06:53:26

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  11:55:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
<cue score to Twilight Zone>

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds.