Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  11:06:50  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Abortion provider George Tiller shot to death at Wichita church

… "We are shocked at this morning's disturbing news that Mr. Tiller was gunned down," anti-abortion group Operation Rescue said in a statement on its Web site. "Operation Rescue has worked for years through peaceful, legal means, and through the proper channels to see him brought to justice. We denounce vigilantism and the cowardly act that took place this morning. We pray for Mr. Tiller's family that they will find comfort and healing that can only be found in Jesus Christ."

Protesters blockaded Tiller's clinic during Operation Rescue's "Summer of Mercy" protests during the summer of 1991, and Tiller was shot by Rachelle Shannon at his clinic in 1993. Tiller was wounded in both arms, and Shannon remains in prison for the shooting.

Tiller's clinic was severely vandalized earlier this month. According to the Associated Press, his lawyer said wires to security cameras and outdoor lights were cut and that the vandals also cut through the roof and plugged the buildings' downspouts. Rain poured through the roof and caused thousands of dollars of damage in the clinic. Tiller reportedly asked the FBI to investigate the incident.

Sgt. Bart Brunscheen of the Wichita Police Department said there has been no activitiy today at Tiller's clinic, although security crews were being brought in to make sure the building was secure. Officials also were going to check the clinic's security cameras to see whether there was any activity over night…

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  12:14:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is the War side of the "Culture War." It appears to me that Dr. Tiller has been poorly served by police agencies which should have protected him and his clinic.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  12:36:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At least they caught the suspect.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  12:39:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, they did:

http://www.kwch.com/global/story.asp?s=10451609&iref=topnews

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  12:55:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just did a google search for what Operation Rescue has to say about Tiller. If you look here, you will see that they have a page called “Tiller Watch” that I could not get in to, probably due to a high volume of traffic. They may have taken it offline to clean up blog posts and comments too. That's only speculation. In any case, lots of people, including law inforcment are no doubt interested in them at the moment.

Google search: Operation Rescue®

Again, the Operation rescue statement:

We are shocked at this morning's disturbing news that Mr. Tiller was gunned down," anti-abortion group Operation Rescue said in a statement on its Web site. "Operation Rescue has worked for years through peaceful, legal means, and through the proper channels to see him brought to justice. We denounce vigilantism and the cowardly act that took place this morning. We pray for Mr. Tiller's family that they will find comfort and healing that can only be found in Jesus Christ.

They are full of shit. As long as they are targeting specific doctors and clinics (Tiller being on the top of their list) I don't care what their statement says. Tiller's blood is on their hands.

I am going to continue researching this.

This is worth a look.

Operation Save America (formerly Operation Rescue)

Current activities include working on mobilizing support in the Kansas State Legislature to order the newly-elected Attorney General, Democrat Paul Morrison, to reinstate misdemeanor charges that were dismissed on jurisdictional grounds against Dr. Tiller. The group plans a rally in front of the offices of ADA Nora Foulston in May, where they will present evidence of mass murder against Tiller.

It will be worth hearing from Randall Terry who has been very active of late with Operation Rescue.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  13:12:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And then there is this from The Christian News Wire:

Tiller Abortion Worker Honored at White House by Obama

Yet another connection between Pres. Obama and late-term abortionist George Tiller

Contact: Troy Newman, President, 316-841-1700; Cheryl Sullenger, Senior Policy Advisor, 316-516-3034; both with Operation Rescue, info@operationrescue.org

WASHINGTON, May 26 /Christian Newswire/ -- Gold Star Mother Betty Pulliam, who lost a son in Viet Nam, now works to take the lives of other women's sons and daughters at George Tiller late-term abortion mill in Wichita, Kansas. Yesterday, she breakfasted with President Obama and was honored in our nation's capital as part of a Memorial Day observance...

This really put Operation Rescues knickers in a bunch. Tiller has been very much on their mind and in their news.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  14:13:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, this is special. From the Kansas City Star:

Statements on George Tiller's death

Randall Terry:

George Tiller was a mass-murderer. We grieve for him that he did not have time to properly prepare his soul to face God. I am more concerned that the Obama Administration will use Tiller's killing to intimidate pro-lifers into surrendering our most effective rhetoric and actions. Abortion is still murder. And we still must call abortion by its proper name; murder.

Those men and women who slaughter the unborn are murderers according to the Law of God. We must continue to expose them in our communities and peacefully protest them at their offices and homes, and yes, even their churches."

--Randall Terry, founder of Operation Rescue

Not a hint of condemnation for the murder of Tiller from Randall Terry.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  15:03:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

To be fair, you quoted it already. He may think that once is enough.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  15:56:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Originally posted by Kil

To be fair, you quoted it already. He may think that once is enough.

No. He doesn't speak for Operation Rescue.

When I read the quote to Michelle, who infiltrated Operation Rescue several years ago, and knows many of the major players and how they operate, she said they will want to distance themselves from Terry again because he's not very smart and he has a big mouth.

That doesn't mean that the higher ups at OR don't agree with Terry. But they would never come out and say so. They don't want to be seen as a fringe group.

Edited to add:

Operation Rescue (Kansas)

Randall Terry filed a lawsuit against Troy Newman in 2008, alleging misuse of the name "Operation Rescue." Former Rescue leaders, including Keith Tucci (director), Patrick Mahoney (media director), Jeff White (tactical director) have signed a statement in support of Newman. “We now feel compelled to speak up because Randall's actions are hurting the work of Troy Newman and Operation Rescue in their efforts to see George Tiller end his barbaric abortion practices in Wichita, Kansas. Additionally, we can no longer remain silent while Mr. Terry continues to fleece unsuspecting pro-life people out of hundreds of thousands of dollars for his personal and selfish gain.”[14]

In his reaction to the murder of George Tiller on May 31, 2009, Troy Newman said, "Operation Rescue has worked tirelessly on peaceful, non-violent measures to bring him to justice through the legal system, the legislative system […] Mr. Tiller was an abortionist. But this wasn't personal. We are pro life, and this act was antithetical to what we believe. Our prayers go out to his family and the thousands of people this will impact"[15] The group also stated "We denounce vigilantism and the cowardly act that took place this morning".[16]

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  16:20:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

No. He doesn't speak for Operation Rescue.
Or, rather, they don't speak for him. I missed the fact that Terry no longer leads Operation Whichever.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  18:13:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The man arrested in Dr. Tiller's murder has now been IDed as Scott P. Roeder.

Could this be the same guy?

Yeah, maybe the same guy! Tax-cheating bomber and bigot?

Edited by - HalfMooner on 05/31/2009 19:25:05
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  19:18:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Scott Roeder seems to be an active Operation Rescue guy. Here's from a cache of the OR page, which apparently is being desperately edited as I write. (See Roeder's message at bottom):

Pray in May to Stop Abortion, Wichita, KS, May 17-20, 2007

You are invited to join Operation Rescue on May 17-20 in Wichita, Kansas, the “Nation's Abortion Capital,” to pray for an end to George R. Tiller's late-term abortion business and for all pre-born babies everywhere to once again come under the protection of law.

Tiller was charged with 30 criminal counts related to the commission of illegal late-term abortions only to have them dismissed by pro-abortion politicians on dubious jurisdictional grounds.

Click here to view our hot new video about abortionist Tiller!

May is a beautiful time in Kansas and a great time to let the nation know that we will not stop until this gross injustice is rectified.

This will be a 77-hour round the clock prayer vigil.

If you cannot come to Wichita, we ask that you commit this matter to prayer during May 17-20 wherever God has you.

Let's keep the pressure on George Tiller and the authorities until they are willing to bring him to justice!

Please click on the picture below to hear Bill O'Reilly discuss abortionist George Tiller. (3:17) Courtesy of kansasmeadowlark.com

ABOUT ABORTIONIST GEORGE R. TILLER

You can learn more about late-term abortionist George R. Tiller by reading “The Tiller Report II” and other OR resources now available in PDF format online. These reports have been carefully researched and documented by our skilled investigative team.

Click here to read “The Tiller Report II”

Click here to read “Justice Aborted” An Exposé Examining the Tiller Grand Jury

NEW! Click here to read “Where's the Outcry?” an excellent editorial summarizing the Tiller case injustices, published in the Olathe Daily News.

What's it like to get an abortion by Tiller? View a recent segment from The O'Reilly Factor (aired December 12, 2006) featuring a woman who describes her abortion and its devestating affects on her life. This is why we must draw a line in the sand and say, “It stops here!” Click the picture at the left to view this powerful video.

EVENT SCHEDULE
This schedule is tentative and subject to change. Check back soon for updated event times and locations.

This is a 77-hour round the clock prayer vigil.

DOWNLOAD a reproducible event flyer here!

Organized prayer will be daily at 8 AM, Noon, and 5 PM, unless otherwise noted. Please feel free to come and go any time during the 77 hours as God leads.
We encourage those who can to fast as God gives you grace, otherwise all meals are on your own.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Noon — Opening Press Conference and Prayer
5 PM — Organized Prayer

Friday, May 18, 2007

8 AM — Organized Prayer
Noon — Organized Prayer
5 PM — Organized Prayer

Saturday, May 19, 2007

8 AM — Organized Prayer
9 — 11:30 AM — Neighborhood Prayer Walk for Repentance of Clinic Workers
Noon — Organized Prayer
5 PM — Organized Prayer

Sunday, May 20, 2007

(We will suspend the 8 AM and Noon group prayers so that participants may attend church, if desired.)

Your choice:
10:00am: (Catholic Service) Blessed Sacrament, 3800 E Douglas Ave
10:30am: (Protestant Service) Heartland Community Church

5 PM — Closing Prayer

REGISTRATION

To register for this event, please send your name, address, phone number, and the number in your party to info@operationrescue.org. Or, you may simply call our office and let us know you are coming.

TOLL FREE: 1-800-705-1175
IN WICHITA: 316-683-6790

TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATIONS

Wichita, Kansas is located at the junction of US 54 and Interstate 35.

AIRPORTS:

Midcontinent Airport, Wichita, KS - This is the most convenient

Edited by - HalfMooner on 05/31/2009 19:19:22
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  19:35:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah Mooner, Michelle found a google snapshot of that page from OR's site. It seems that Operation Rescue is doing a lot of work on their site right now.

The guy may also be linked to a Christian Identity group called "Montana Freemen" and the bombing, as you have suggested. I would be hesitant to claim those things as a fact just yet. I don't know how much of the info came from tracking a name. Could be more than one guy has the same name as Roeder, eh?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  19:46:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Yeah Mooner, Michelle found a google snapshot of that page from OR's site. It seems that Operation Rescue is doing a lot of work on their site right now.

The guy may also be linked to a Christian Identity group called "Montana Freemen" and the bombing, as you have suggested. I would be hesitant to claim those things as a fact just yet. I don't know how much of the info came from tracking a name. Could be more than one guy has the same name as Roeder, eh?
I'm hesitant to say that, too. Don't stop me from thinking it's likely, though. I suspect OR is feeing very nervous right about now, and that the reason is, they had more of a hand in "all this stuff" than they want to admit.

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  19:56:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Originally posted by Kil

I'm hesitant to say that, too. Don't stop me from thinking it's likely, though. I suspect OR is feeing very nervous right about now, and that the reason is, they had more of a hand in "all this stuff" than they want to admit.

Oh, I agree. I mean hell, they moved OR to Wichita just to be close to Tiller. Even if no one officially a part of OR pulled the trigger, they called this guy a mass murderer over and over again. There are video's put out by OR on Tiller and his "crimes". Some nut ball was eventually bound to do it.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  20:56:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bill O'Reilly the Evil Leprechaun of FOX News was a part of the vile hatemongering that preceded the assassination of Tiller, per a Salon article:

O'Reilly's campaign against murdered doctor

The Fox News star had compared Tiller to a Nazi, called him a "baby killer," and warned of "Judgment Day"

By Gabriel Winant

May 31, 2009 | When his show airs tomorrow, Bill O'Reilly will most certainly decry the death of Kansas doctor George Tiller, who was killed Sunday while attending church services with his wife. Tiller, O'Reilly will say, was a man who was guilty of barbaric acts, but a civilized society does not resort to lawless murder, even against its worst members. And O'Reilly, we can assume, will genuinely mean this.

But there's no other person who bears as much responsibility for the characterization of Tiller as a savage on the loose, killing babies willy-nilly thanks to the collusion of would-be sophisticated cultural elites, a bought-and-paid-for governor and scofflaw secular journalists. Tiller's name first appeared on "The Factor" on Feb. 25, 2005. Since then, O'Reilly and his guest hosts have brought up the doctor on 28 more episodes, including as recently as April 27 of this year. Almost invariably, Tiller is described as "Tiller the Baby Killer."

. . .

Edited by - HalfMooner on 05/31/2009 21:03:31
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds.