Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  20:42:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Zebra

It's just that every time I mention my gender, the discussion in that thread comes to a screeching halt...
Quick! Somebody say something!

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Zebra
Skeptic Friend

USA
354 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  23:27:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Zebra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Message from Moderator*

Move along, people. There's nothing more to see here.

*The person claiming to be a moderator in this message is actually an impostor. Kids: Do not try this at home.

I think, you know, freedom means freedom for everyone* -Dick Cheney

*some restrictions may apply
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  01:32:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This thread needs a dose of Siberia attitude. Where are you, girl? I miss you!

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  01:58:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Indeed, and I'm not a little worried about her. These are not good times for the handicapped (when are they ever?). As I recall, she was 16 when she joined our little cyber-bedlam.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  03:58:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

Indeed, and I'm not a little worried about her. These are not good times for the handicapped (when are they ever?). As I recall, she was 16 when she joined our little cyber-bedlam.

Well, she's got a serious job now, and that may have changed her activities a bit. I suspect we'll hear from her from time to time, though.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  05:13:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
She landed a nice governmental IT-job in Brasilia, so I guess she's busy getting settled.
A lot of new stuff to study and get the ropes on before finding the right pace.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  06:08:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I fear we've lost Emma. I took another look at her profile and her picture has been taken down. Dunno what the story is....

A pity; it is always good to have the younger ones in the fora.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  06:27:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I fear we've lost Emma. I took another look at her profile and her picture has been taken down. Dunno what the story is....

I think the picture was not working from the first day. Hard for many people to post those, anyway.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  07:58:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

I think the picture was not working from the first day. Hard for many people to post those, anyway.

No, it was working. There was a small photo of a quite attractive, young lady. Whether it was her or not, well, this is, after all, the internet. Now, 'tis gone.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  15:59:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

No, it was working. There was a small photo of a quite attractive, young lady. Whether it was her or not, well, this is, after all, the internet. Now, 'tis gone.

Sorry, I missed that. A day late and a dollar short.

Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  08:45:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote

This Zebra is XX, also. (Well, I assume so, from my phenotype. I've never been karyotyped, to my knowledge.)

It's just that every time I mention my gender, the discussion in that thread comes to a screeching halt, so (it seems) I've been assumed by most to be XY.

That I did not know, actually.
Funny, funny.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  14:33:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote

This Zebra is XX, also. (Well, I assume so, from my phenotype. I've never been karyotyped, to my knowledge.)

That doesn't mean we like you an less...

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Zebra
Skeptic Friend

USA
354 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  23:26:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Zebra a Private Message  Reply with Quote

That doesn't mean we like you an less...

Nah, I figured. Most of you probably haven't been karyotyped, either.

Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  01:52:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nah, I figured. Most of you probably haven't been karyotyped, either.

Yeah. I've never even seen a karaoke machine.

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Starring_Emma

4 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  03:26:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starring_Emma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I lost my beloved hard drive to a virus so in an attempt to recover bookmarks I googled myself and found this page. You people are very skeptical... A lot of girls wear boys under wear.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5oN8-Mjd4Nk/TCDPxo97vmI/AAAAAAAAEpg/lI3HHtc5Vlc/s1600/ellen_page_juno_(2).jpg
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds.