Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  17:40:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bob Larson
Oral Roberts
Fred Phelps
Kim Il Jung

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  02:03:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mark "Pampas Prowler" Sanford

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Landrew

44 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2009 :  16:16:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Landrew a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by R.Wreck

1. Saint Peter...

...265. Benedict XXVI

I'm not sure I understand this posting. Are they "idiots" because they are theists? For most of them, I don't think science existed to a degree that you could base atheism upon it. I'm certainly not a theist myself, but I don't think anyone living in a christianized society in those times had much of a choice any other than theism. If it's a character judgment, fair enough, but I'd like to see the biographical evidence.

God bless women, for without them there would be no cookies.
Edited by - Landrew on 06/30/2009 16:21:32
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2009 :  17:16:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Landrew

1. Saint Peter...

...265. Benedict XXVI

I'm not sure I understand this posting. Are they "idiots" because they are theists? For most of them, I don't think science existed to a degree that you could base atheism upon it. I'm certainly not a theist myself, but I don't think anyone living in a christianized society in those times had much of a choice any other than theism. If it's a character judgment, fair enough, but I'd like to see the biographical evidence.
Nah; just fuckin' around. We try not to be serious all the time. It's bad for the digestion.

Maximilien Robespierre, who became shorter by a head in the French Revolution.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 06/30/2009 17:18:27
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2009 :  19:05:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

1. Saint Peter...

...265. Benedict XXVI
I'm not sure I understand this posting. Are they "idiots" because they are theists?
That was a list of all the Popes.

Edited to say: a list of all the Popes with a typo in it. Benedict the 26th? An extra X got in there.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2009 :  21:05:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Please excuse the diversion, but I'm old enough to remember when "idiot" and "moron" were actual clinically acceptable terms for various levels of intelligence. I Read It In a Book.

(I imagine that if one went back far enough, "asshole" also may have been a scientific term for a person with very little social sensitivity.)

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 06/30/2009 21:06:42
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  01:50:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dan "Spuds" Quayle. He was fun......

Erich von Dännikin, whilst we're on the subject.

Jack van Impe

James Inhofe & Sally Kern

Randall Terry

Sarah Palin

Edited to add Cary Cash

Edited further to add Pat Buchanan

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 07/01/2009 03:29:27
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  07:46:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

Playing with your new umläut toy, are you?

I dunno if I will described däniken as an idiot. His ideas have little merit but they are not stupid (not very smart either but not absolutely idiotic).
Watching an interview of him (on the (pseudo)History channel) it seemed to me very arrogant, but not necessarily dumb. Maybe I missed some information...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  07:59:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Michael Savage

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  08:08:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Simon

Originally posted by filthy

Playing with your new umläut toy, are you?

I dunno if I will described däniken as an idiot. His ideas have little merit but they are not stupid (not very smart either but not absolutely idiotic).
Watching an interview of him (on the (pseudo)History channel) it seemed to me very arrogant, but not necessarily dumb. Maybe I missed some information...
Yeäh.....

I've been half-assed keeping track of him ever since Chariots came out. I never said he wasn't smart, only an idiot. It's a matter of definition, I suppose.

Here's another one; a scumbag as well as an idiot: Michael Scheuer

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  08:50:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fuck; that's bad.

He is not only hoping a terrorist attack, he precise: 'a major weapon'. He is rooting for an A-bomb attack on the US.

Once again, I reserving my judgement about his intellectual capacities. His sanity and moral, however, I feel pretty confident to evaluate and call him a crazy asshole.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  10:15:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Simon

Fuck; that's bad.

He is not only hoping a terrorist attack, he precise: 'a major weapon'. He is rooting for an A-bomb attack on the US.

Once again, I reserving my judgement about his intellectual capacities. His sanity and moral, however, I feel pretty confident to evaluate and call him a crazy asshole.
You don't have to be stupid to do stupid.

Pyrrhus of Epirus who gave us the term "pyrrhic victory."

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 07/01/2009 10:17:25
Go to Top of Page

Landrew

44 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2009 :  09:51:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Landrew a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pejoratives don't actually prove anything, that's why they aren't allowed in most respectable debating forums.

Richard Dawkins caught a fair measure of flack from the scientific community for attacking religion directly instead of merely arguing it into irrelevance, and leaving it there.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2009 :  10:01:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Richard Dawkins caught a fair measure of flack from the scientific community for attacking religion directly instead of merely arguing it into irrelevance, and leaving it there.
He still catches flack for that, but it's one of the defining characteristics of "new atheists," and those who would toss flack about it can bite our big white butts. Arguing religion into irrelevance hasn't worked. The ridiculous should be ridiculed.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Landrew

44 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2009 :  10:20:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Landrew a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

He still catches flack for that, but it's one of the defining characteristics of "new atheists," and those who would toss flack about it can bite our big white butts. Arguing religion into irrelevance hasn't worked. The ridiculous should be ridiculed.

It seems to me that 2 wrongs don't make a right. If the first tool is broken, another broken tool won't fix it.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds.