Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  09:47:19  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone see or own this one? I might have to pick this up.

http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/item/creationism-long-sleeve-dark-tshirt/169125486

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  05:51:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by astropin

Anyone see or own this one? I might have to pick this up.

http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/item/creationism-long-sleeve-dark-tshirt/169125486

It would complete the clown transformation. Post a pic of you wearing the shirt to validate.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  06:07:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bill's right; it's kind of a dull and stodgy picture, anyway. Here is the one you need; it's got some action to it!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  07:22:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

Bill's right; it's kind of a dull and stodgy picture, anyway. Here is the one you need; it's got some action to it!

You would be a hit at all the parties driving the girls crazy with your obvious taste for style.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

Edited by - Bill scott on 06/19/2009 07:23:31
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  08:25:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I bought it. It's just too funny (IMHO). My brother thought it was absolutely hilarious.

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:

Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  09:19:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I bought it. It's just too funny (IMHO). My brother thought it was absolutely hilarious.

How about a pic of you out in public proudly displaying your new novelty and driving all the ladies wild. Maybe they have matching socks to complete the new look?

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  11:54:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Bill scott

You would be a hit at all the parties driving the girls crazy with your obvious taste for style.
Y'think? I mean, really, currently I have no style and could use all the help I can get. Mostly, I don't bother with such things, but if it'll help me party down with hot chicks who like surly, old curmudgeons, well, maybe I should try one.

Thanks!

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  13:02:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message  Reply with Quote

How about a pic of you out in public proudly displaying your new novelty and driving all the ladies wild. Maybe they have matching socks to complete the new look?

It's not a fashion statement....it's a JOKE; and a damn funny one.

My friends and family will LOVE IT! It's really not for public wear.....at least not for me (that's not my style). I'll wear to family get togethers and smaller parties with close friends.....poker night would be perfect.

I just think creationism is one of the biggest jokes ever and this shirt says it perfectly.

Atheism:

Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2009 :  05:53:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote

It's not a fashion statement....it's a JOKE; and a damn funny one.

I was the one who implied that it was a joke and that it completed the clown transformation. Now post a pic of you wearing the novelty with the matching socks and validate my point.

My friends and family will LOVE IT!

Like minds…

It's really not for public wear.....

Why not?

at least not for me (that's not my style).

Why not?

I'll wear to family get togethers and smaller parties with close friends.....poker night would be perfect.

How boring.

I just think creationism is one of the biggest jokes ever and this shirt says it perfectly.

Yet you exist in that very creation in which you joke about. Creationism is not the debate as we exist in the very creation itself. The debate is over who or what did the creating?

Edited by - Bill scott on 06/20/2009 06:07:04
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2009 :  05:58:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Y'think? I mean, really, currently I have no style and could use all the help I can get. Mostly, I don't bother with such things, but if it'll help me party down with hot chicks who like surly, old curmudgeons, well, maybe I should try one.

Thanks!

I try to help out the old timers whenever I can. That ol respect for your elders thing you know...

Edited by - Bill scott on 06/20/2009 06:08:39
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2009 :  06:27:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I try to help out the oldtimers whenever I can. That ol respect for your elders thing you know...

And it is appreciated, but I think I'll take a pass on this one. Currently, if a 'round the world trip cost a dollar, I couldn't get out of sight. Also, I can easily annoy the more obnoxious of the YECs without it.

But y'know what, Bill, that picture has two aspects; two points of view. Indeed, I find myself a little surprised that Ken Ham isn't flogging it, or something very like it, at his, uh, museum.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2009 :  07:38:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Yet you exist in that very creation in which you joke about. Creationism is not the debate as we exist in the very creation itself. The debate is over who or what did the creating?
Yet you know exactly what is meant by the word "creationism," and how it refers specifically to when and how the creating was done and who did it. astropin isn't joking about "the creation," but the beliefs ("ism") of certain people within it, and you know that. You know very well that creationism is the debate.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2009 :  09:34:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Yet you know exactly what is meant by the word "creationism," and how it refers specifically to when and how the creating was done and who did it. astropin isn't joking about "the creation," but the beliefs ("ism") of certain people within it, and you know that. You know very well that creationism is the debate.

Actually it's not, it's a delusion. It's based on nothing but old myths and is contradicted by millions (seriously) of independent evidences.
They are flat-earther but with a bigger PR budget and a meaner streak.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2009 :  12:46:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Yet you know exactly what is meant by the word "creationism," and how it refers specifically to when and how the creating was done and who did it.

With so many different versions of creation out there to choose from, I do?

astropin isn't joking about "the creation," but the beliefs ("ism") of certain people within it, and you know that.

He never said that he thought my version of creation was a joke. He said that creationism was a joke. How odd when we have the very creation itself testifying on behalf of creationism.

You know very well that creationism is the debate.

Creationism is not the debate. We have the very creation itself testifying on its behalf. The debate is over who, or what, is responsible for the creation that we already know exists. We know the creation exists so the question remains, who did the creating? That's where we differ, on the who part.

Edited by - Bill scott on 06/20/2009 12:53:53
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2009 :  12:50:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Simon

Actually it's not, it's a delusion. It's based on nothing but old myths and is contradicted by millions (seriously) of independent evidences.
They are flat-earther but with a bigger PR budget and a meaner streak.

And many will conclude that your version of creation is a delusion, for many reasons. And so on goes the debate…

Edited by - Bill scott on 06/20/2009 12:56:25
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2009 :  13:44:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think there is a genuine debate about creationism. Not as it applies to evolution, anyhow. The debate is in the minds of the creationists. Scientists may argue about how this or that should be classified and technical stuff like that, but there is no debate among scientists about evolution itself.

That we debate people like Bill is another story. We do that because it's folks like he who would have something other than science taught in science classrooms.

As for abiogenesis, again, no debate. Bill goes with the answer in the book, but scientists seek a natural explanation, because that is what science does. The good news is that by doing science, our knowledge base expands. Not so if you take Genesis literally, at which point, thinking is unnecessary...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds.