Hammy-Bammy Big Money rebuts PZ
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2009 :  07:15:30  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been following the progress of Ham's Creation "Museum" since it's inception. Indeed, ever since he ripped off AiG Australia and came here. I have made many less than complementary comments and refuted, with reliable reference, just about everything in that over-priced monument to religious ignorance. I've done a pretty good job of it, but PZ, I sadly admit, has done a better one. He's put a knot in Kenny's knickers that make my poor efforts pale in the comparison.
A Professor's Falsehoods and Poor Research
ShareThisPublished June 22nd, 2009 in Around AiG, Thoughts and Things.
I do not write this blog item assuming I can reach a certain professor and change his mind (which would take the work of the Lord)—nor do I write it to attack this man, an associate professor at the University of Minnesota (its Morris campus). Rather, I write this piece in the hope that if even one of his students/associates/blog readers reads it, he or she can then at least check out what I am writing/responding to regarding this professor's claims . . . and get the truth for themselves so that they won't be led astray by the rather vicious attacks of a man who (sadly) proudly shakes his fist at God (in a rather vile, often profane way) day after day.

Let's consider just a couple of recent postings from his blog:

Recently, a different evolutionist and philosopher, Michael Ruse, reported that he visited the Creation Museum and wrote some comments on it (at least he apparently did visit—but it seems the Minnesota university professor has not). The Minnesota prof wrote:

Michael Ruse went to Ken Ham's house [i.e., the museum], twirled about among the exhibits showing dinosaurs with saddles, Noah's ark being built to carry off members of every species on earth, exhortations to accept Biblical literalism, and accusations of malice and dishonesty against every sensible biologists . . . .

Now, you would normally think a biologist who is a professor would ensure he did first-class research to get his facts right—but that's not the case when it comes to talking about the Creation Museum. Let's analyze some of the statements:
There follows an amusing load of drivel analyzing PZ's screed and postings in general.

It is rather nice to see Ham hoist by his own petard and hear (figuratively) his squeals of objection. He does write fairly well, though and his speling's pretty good.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2009 :  07:39:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And PZ has fired right back:
Since Mr Ham is so concerned about my accuracy or lack thereof, and is obviously stressed at the poor publicity I'm giving his little monument to ignorance, I'll make him an offer. I'll give him a whole day of my time if he'll fly me in and give me a personal tour, during which he can point out all the things I've gotten wrong about Creation, and I will dutifully write them down and post a complete report of his various rebuttals. Thorough coverage for the price of a plane ticket. How can he possibly turn down such an offer?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds.