Ah jeeze, another one.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  12:51:56  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I started to post this once, but decided that phrases such as "sorry-assed, imaginary scumbag in the sky" and "fools following the advice of vicious perverts in cassocks" were not really needed to get the story told nor the point across. Thus, I now let the story tell itself:
A FRENCH Guiana court has jailed four church members for up to 12 years for the exorcism of an epileptic teenager who was found dead attached to a cross.

The members of the Celestial Church of Christ were jailed yesterday for terms of three to 12 years for "wilful violence that caused death'' for 15-year-old Roger Bosse in 2005 in the south American territory.

The court heard that the mother of the boy, who suffered from mental illness, had brought him to the church for help and was told he was possessed by the devil.

The church members beat the boy repeatedly over a three-day period with reeds and belts and attached him to a cross for the last two days, the position in which he died.

All exorcisms are no more than bullshit intended to enhance the myth of church infallibility and if they fail by being fatal to the subject, well, the kid's mom wasn't strong enough in her faith, or some like excuse.

Hanging's too good for these pigfuckers!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  13:28:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This story isn't a sick as yours is, Filthy, but it's a close second. What a fairytale world these religious fanatical people have between their ears.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Edited by - Randy on 06/25/2009 13:30:52
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  14:04:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Randy

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31528426/ns/us_news-faith/I found the final paragraph of the article to pretty well sum up the whole thing: [quote]"It's been a hard time for me, but I'm looking good and I'm standing strong because when you have a mandate like mine you're not going to say what you want without the adversary coming after you," she said. "If you are a true prophet you're not going to be popular with the people."

A hard time for her -- this skank could use a taste of her own foul brew!

As I recall, the Bible has some hard words to say about false prophets, and that covers the whole lot. But this is the stupid, arrogant mindset we encounter throughout the world and it all too closely resembles the scams of less pious charlatans: "Never give a sucker an even break!" ~~ Canada Bill Jones

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Zebra
Skeptic Friend

USA
354 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  18:20:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Zebra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A FRENCH Guiana court has jailed four church members for up to 12 years for the exorcism of an epileptic teenager who was found dead attached to a cross.
Shouldn't that be, attempted exorcism?

I think, you know, freedom means freedom for everyone* -Dick Cheney

*some restrictions may apply
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  02:20:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Zebra

Shouldn't that be, attempted exorcism?

I would call it torture.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds.