Skeptic Friends Network

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Politics
 Palin resigns as Alaska Governor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  22:39:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Robb

What brings out the hate for this woman? It can't just be her differing views?

Really Robb? I think you are full of shit when you say that. You can't possibly be unaware of her monumental stupidity.

Then we have the whole "palin' around with terrorists" line from her campaign speeches.

Then we have the FACT that Alaska is the most socialist state in the union (they declared that the oil was the property of the collective and they distribute some of the money to every resident of the state), while she accuses others of being socialists(as if being a socialist is a bad thing in and of itself).

Then we have her comments about "real americans"....

I could go on.

I'd spit in her fucking pig-ignorant face if I ever saw her.

The McCain people hate her because she almost singlehandedly lost the election for them. Her on and off camera behavior is laughable. Foreign policy experience because she can see Russia? WTF? Her husband was a member of a political party that advocates treason, for seven years, and she spoke at one of their conventions... but she wanted McCain's campaign manager to LIE about a thing that no reporter had ever asked her about, because some people were blogging about it.

From a pragmatic point of view though I'm with Kil. Sarah Palin is pure political gold, for democrats.


Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  03:39:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Zebra

Originally posted by filthy

Things of interest:

Kink

Link

Link

Link


filthy, you had me all fired up to read that first link, but it was not nearly as kinky as I'd hoped, darnit.

On another note, one HuffPo columnist coined a good name for this whole event: the"Iquitarod".
Heh, yeah. That's why I left the typo in. I was determined to get somebody to open a link. All too many don't bother.

To me, Palin has become a nebbish with good legs and a lot of noise. Unless she can make a radical change in her ways, hardly likely, she will become a political corpse, of interest only to historians. But for now, it's fun to watch the yammer-heads such as Coulter and Hannity orgasmicly laud her decision to beat-feet from the AK governor's shack, to the benefit of that state.

I too, think it was a good decision, but for different reasons. She clearly is not up to holding the office, and possibly, and finally, realized it.

"Iquitarod" indeed!




"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres


"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  08:49:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Robb

What brings out the hate for this woman? It can't just be her differing views?



Don't be disingenuous Robb.

You know that it goes deeper than that (although, because we do consider many of these views to be dangerous and/or retarded, they are part of the problem -I don't like apocalyptic nutjobs).


But, she has also proven herself to be of limited intelligence and very low competence, and proud of her ignorance.

She has proven to be lying and hypocritical as a matter of course (bridge to nowhere; asking the McCain's campaign to lie about her husband secessionist past).

She has backstabed people on a whim, the former Alasaka governor she replaced, McCain.
And levelled very grave and unfounded accusations ('Paling around with terrorists'?) and no, Obama's camp did not do the same. They never accused anybody of such a serious crime as actively helping terrorism.

She has shown her authoritarian streak by firing that Wassila librarian, threatening journalists and bloggers with law-suit.

She has thrown her family under the spotlights to milk some publicity and then cried bloody murder when the media's reporting was not to her liking...


In short, she is a self-serving, self-righteous lying hypocrite. And not a very bright one at that.
And THEN there is the fact that many of her ideas are abhorrent to me.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2557 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  18:36:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guess what, Robb? There are people out there who think that Palin is too liberal. Guess who?

Courtesy of Ed Brayton.

The quote is from the WingNutDaily article itself:

It has been said that part of Palin's appeal is that her family is like so many other families. She is today's American woman, who works outside the home and does it all. Whose daughters get pregnant out-of-wedlock. Whose husbands wear the aprons.

Have we gone insane? Is this something to celebrate?

There are certainly some valid reasons to support Sarah Palin. Her passion for the unborn is refreshing. Her strong support of Second Amendment gun rights is vital to our personal and national security. But her easy dismissal of the value of being at the center of a home and her children's lives seems antithetical to true, conservative "family values."


Ed translates and summarizes their article very well:
Let me translate all that for you: "Get back in the kitchen where you belong!"




>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Edited by - the_ignored on 07/10/2009 18:37:07
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  02:32:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

Guess what, Robb? There are people out there who think that Palin is too liberal. Guess who?

Courtesy of Ed Brayton.

The quote is from the WingNutDaily article itself:

It has been said that part of Palin's appeal is that her family is like so many other families. She is today's American woman, who works outside the home and does it all. Whose daughters get pregnant out-of-wedlock. Whose husbands wear the aprons.

Have we gone insane? Is this something to celebrate?

There are certainly some valid reasons to support Sarah Palin. Her passion for the unborn is refreshing. Her strong support of Second Amendment gun rights is vital to our personal and national security. But her easy dismissal of the value of being at the center of a home and her children's lives seems antithetical to true, conservative "family values."


Ed translates and summarizes their article very well:
Let me translate all that for you: "Get back in the kitchen where you belong!"




Something that I don't understand; how is Sarah Palin the potential "next" Reagan. All they really have in common is the stupidity and a sad lack of ethics. Or is that alone enough?
Has America become so emasculated that our only hope of getting another Ronald Reagan into the Oval Office is to idolize Palin as a political Madonna? Hardly.



"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres


"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  08:10:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ruthless economic politic;
Dumbed down religion cheap patriotism and foreign policy posturing rather than well reasoned policy.

It doesn't take much to be a 'great neo-con president'.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.


Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.47 seconds.
Powered by @tomic Studio
Snitz Forums 2000