Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2009 :  09:02:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow... That's almost disappointing in its simplicity.

Considering that this investigation has been going for a while, it's is a bit surprising she got taken by surprise. Presumably, somebody inside the investigation team leaked to her that an indictment was on its way, but she could have had a plan ready a long time ago. Did she hope that by ignoring it the troubles would go away?

She is really not fit for any office.
I am also a bit pissed that none of the National media picked up on that during the election...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2009 :  13:51:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Big article on Palin in the August Vanity Fair. I'd never heard this:
When Trig was born, Palin wrote an e-mail letter to friends and relatives, describing the belated news of her pregnancy and detailing Trig's condition; she wrote the e-mail not in her own name but in God's, and signed it “Trig's Creator, Your Heavenly Father.”
The woman does bring the crazy, doesn't she?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2009 :  09:50:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah... That was an interesting article.

And, here (also, shorter funnier version here) is the latest development in the Palin saga (Episode 4: A new trope).

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2009 :  15:24:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Simon

Yeah... That was an interesting article.

And, here (also, shorter funnier version here) is the latest development in the Palin saga (Episode 4: A new trope).
This is hilarious. Media people know a thing or two about America's First Amendment (which, Palin should be informed, solidly trumps Alaska's constitution). They are not going to be scared away by vague threats.

The attorney threats seem to me to be a case of using a handkerchief to desperately try to fan away the smoke in hopes that nobody notices the fire. Instead, all that is accomplished is to draw further attention to Palin's many ethical problems.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 07/05/2009 15:26:02
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  11:26:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
God I love Irony

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  12:15:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Meh... The mystery bounces back and deepens!

Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  12:23:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Man, it is even worse than I thought.

If even Fox turns its back on her (contradicting itself after months of blind praise), it means their GOP masters authorized them too.

Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

Agita
Skeptic Friend

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  12:50:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Agita a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Simon

Man, it is even worse than I thought.

If even Fox turns its back on her (contradicting itself after months of blind praise), it means their GOP masters authorized them too.

Or ordered them to.
Go to Top of Page

Zebra
Skeptic Friend

USA
354 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  18:21:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Zebra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

Things of interest:

Kink

Link

Link

Link

filthy, you had me all fired up to read that first link, but it was not nearly as kinky as I'd hoped, darnit.

On another note, one HuffPo columnist coined a good name for this whole event: the"Iquitarod".

I think, you know, freedom means freedom for everyone* -Dick Cheney

*some restrictions may apply
Go to Top of Page

Robb
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  18:35:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Robb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What brings out the hate for this woman? It can't just be her differing views?

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. - George Washington
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  18:40:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Robb

Of course not, Robb. She's much prettier than I am, that's why I hate her.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Agita
Skeptic Friend

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  18:54:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Agita a Private Message  Reply with Quote

For me it's the harpie screech that does it. Her voice is like a cross between Fran Dresher and fingernails on a chalk board.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  21:05:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

You've got it wrong, Robb. I love Sarah Palin. I love that she is a Republican. Really, I do.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  21:43:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

I love Sarah Palin.
Just don't loooooove Sarah Palin.

Well, if you get the chance, insist on two forms of contraception and that she pay for all legal fees.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  22:37:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Has it been that long since her infamous interviews with Katie Couric? Oh, there's so much to dislike about this woman. Don't get me started!

@

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds.