Methamphetamine is a terrible drug!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2009 :  03:41:20  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Being tweaked out on meth is the only explanation I can come up with for this remarkable piece of fantasy. Mr. Hodge could really use some professional help to control these desperate hallucinations and get off that wicked crank.
If man and Dinosaurs lived at the same time why do we not [find] evidence of it?
—D., U.S.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We do find evidence of man and dinosaurs living at about the same time. We have found dinosaur remains within 500 years of human remains. Let me explain.

The vast majority of the fossil record was laid down about 4,300 years ago during the Flood of Noah. Of the small amount of Flood sediment actually sifted through, many dinosaur fossils have been unearthed, especially in the Flood layers called Triassic, Jurassic, and Cretaceous. (For more information, see Why Don't We Find Human & Dinosaur Fossils Together?)

After the Flood, we wouldn't expect too many human fossils until the population started to re-grow and people began spreading across the earth. In fact, the Bible records that the first post-Flood death was that of Peleg about 340 years after the Flood (see Ancient Patriarchs in Genesis).
I see many words, but I am referred to exactly none of the presumed evidence. I think that the local drug stores should be warned not to sell him excessive amounts of cough syrup.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2009 :  07:53:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are simply too many outright misstatements of fact, rhetorical tricks, dodges, weaves, and hand-wavings in this load of crap for me to conclude that Hodger Dodger is merely wrong. No, he's doing the same sort of song-and-dance that any professional liar who is desperate to sell a worn-out used car does.

A used car salesman, when asked why (if the car was only driven one block, once a week, by an old lady, to church) all the body panels of a vehicle are differently colored, might reply, "Oh, no! Mrs. Schmidt never had an accident! Here, look, the trailer hitch and shotgun rack come free of charge!"

Like that liar, Hodge replies to one of the most important questions that have always confounded Creationists by denial, followed by evasion and bald lies. That's all he's got, and that's why he has no documentation to back it up. Except for the Bible, which he throws in for lack of science:
Christians need to think biblically about dinosaurs as well as the rock layers. I still find it strange how humanists attempt to take the Flood sediment that was laid down over the course of about a year and stretch it out to millions and billions of years. Thinking biblically, though, how could dinosaurs, which are found buried in Flood sediments, have evolved into birds when birds like doves (Genesis 8:8–12) and ravens (Genesis 8:7) were aboard the Ark with Noah? The secular position falls into shambles in light of the Bible
Bullshit. "Thinking biblically" is a code phrase for telling tall tales, in Hodge's circles. Hodge is lying and knows it.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 07/18/2009 07:55:22
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2009 :  09:26:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote

After the Flood, we wouldn't expect too many human fossils until the population started to re-grow and people began spreading across the earth.

That's retarded on so many grounds.

But... wouldn't be the same also be true for dinosaurs?
Hell; there were supposedly more human surviving the flood than members of any dinosaur species!

If anything we should see the opposite pattern!

Hell, and what about of smaller faster-breeding mammals such as rodents?
They should have repopulated a good chunk of earth in just a few centuries, while the dinosaurs population would still be struggling along (actually, scratch that, all species would have gone extinct within a handful of generations because of the severe genetic bottleneck, but then, for many of these people, inbreeding is a fine family tradition...)

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

Tipok

18 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  18:57:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Tipok a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bullshit. "Thinking biblically" is a code phrase for telling tall tales...

I don't know about you, but saying something like "200 million years ago, when dinosaurs ruled the Earth..." sounds pretty tall tale-ish to me.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  19:09:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Tipok

I don't know about you, but saying something like "200 million years ago, when dinosaurs ruled the Earth..." sounds pretty tall tale-ish to me.
I hope you enjoy your Flintstones fantasy.

Go to Top of Page

Tipok

18 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  19:31:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Tipok a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

I have no Flintstones fantasy, but I know you have your cave-man fantasy.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  19:59:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by HalfMooner

I have no Flintstones fantasy, but I know you have your cave-man fantasy.
Do you believe human beings lived alongside dinosaurs, less than 10,000 years ago?

Go to Top of Page

Tipok

18 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  20:04:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Tipok a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Do you believe human beings lived alongside dinosaurs, less than 10,000 years ago?

Yes I do. I just wanted to keep away from such an evolutionist idea of it being even remotely like the Flintstones. Yet another way for evolutionists to feel good about themselves.
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  20:20:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am a gravitationist myself, as I 'believe' in both theories, I might as well choose.

But now, how do you explain that just about everything we learned in the past two hundred years, in the fields of astronomy, archeology, atomic sciences, biology, climatology, ecology, genetic, geology and paleology (just to name the ones I can think of from the top of my head) were wrong?

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  20:22:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Yes I do. I just wanted to keep away from such an evolutionist idea of it being even remotely like the Flintstones. Yet another way for evolutionists to feel good about themselves.
'Nuff said. That's what I meant by "Flintstones fantasy"! You really are too scientifically retarded for me to make any progress.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 08/02/2009 20:27:50
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  01:32:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Tipok and welcome to SFN.

By your writings, I assume that you are a young earth creationist believing in a world-wide flood and so forth yes? So ok, then riddle me this: if such an event actually took place and all air-breathing, land life upon the earth was extinguished, how is it that the fossil record shows no evidence of it? One would think that fossils of all species would be found together along with modern trees and other vegetation. But such is not the case, is it? All of the fossil-bearing strata is as neatly organized as the pages of a book, and each with only the species of that period.

There is no Devonian bunny nor Triassic horse represented. Alley Oop never came anywhere near a dinosaur.

How do you reconcile this in the face of all of the geological evidence?

Edit: Just for the hell of it, I'm adding this link. I wrote it and it needs all the hits it can get -- an ego-booster, you understand.
'Tis true, dear friends, 'tis all too true. They loathe, despise, and outright hate that wretched Flood and it's associated Ark with a malevolence usually reserved for Communists, Democrats, gays, atheists, sex because it feels good, anyone named Clinton, and those who accept the Theory of Evolution, whatever their names & titles.

Of course, you'll never get the first of 'em to admit that.

It is extremely difficult, nay impossible, to defend the Noachian Flood Story as anything other than a myth; a yarn to be spun and passed on by nomadic, tribal elders around the evening fire. All one needs to do is study the geologic record to cast fatal doubt upon it. Such an event in the so-recent past would have left a huge and unmistakable imprint upon the world; indeed, it would show up all over the world, explainable by no other process. But no such imprint exists, and we'll be getting into that a little farther along.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 08/03/2009 01:58:18
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  07:45:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tipok, I finally got around to checking out your profile and found this:
Finding out more falsehoods of the Theory of Evolution.

Ok, that's cool. So tell me, what precisely do you want to know. I'm not an expert, but I've studied the subject a little.

Also, please define your version of "falsehood." Are you talking about outright and deliberate lies or simple mistakes and miscalculations?

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.