Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  08:52:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by On fire for Christ

I perpetuated a few of these stories at my bible group today and they went down a storm. We all agreed to share one with at least 1 atheist.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 08/04/2009 08:53:22
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  10:02:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I perpetuated a few of these stories at my bible group today and they went down a storm. We all agreed to share one with at least 1 atheist.
Why? They are nonsense that will convince no one not already pretty much indoctrinated. All they would do is give the atheist a laugh and possibly/probably earn you a rude remark.

Time spent passing around utter crap is time lost from more worthy endevors. You should all get together and go fishing -- much more productive and satisfying.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  10:03:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You should all get together and go fishing -- much more productive and satisfying.

But we are already fishers .............of men.

Edited by - On fire for Christ on 08/04/2009 10:04:33
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  10:04:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by pleco

Yeah, it's as though On fire for Christ just read the definition of "Internet troll," and decided he could try that here. Sigh.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  10:54:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

You should all get together and go fishing -- much more productive and satisfying.

But we are already fishers .............of men.
Yes, I know. But if you're going to use these false and asinine stories as bait, all you will catch is bottom-feeders.

Something of interest:
The percentage of American adults who identify themselves as Christians dropped from 86% in 1990 to 77% in 2001. This is an unprecedented drop of almost 1 percentage point per year.

The percentage of American adults who identify themselves as Protestants dropped below 50% about the year 2005.

Confidence in religious institutions has hit an all-time low.
There appears to be a major increase in interest in spirituality among North Americans. However, this has not translated into greater church involvement.

Mainline denominations have been losing membership for decades in the U.S.; conservative denominations have been growing.

At the present rates of change, Islam will become the dominant religion in the world before 2050 CE.

At the present rate of change, most Americans would identify themselves as non-religious or non-Christian by the year 2035 CE.

The numbers of "unchurched" people has increased rapidly in the U.S. These are individuals who have not attended church in recent months.

Agnosticis, Atheists, secularists. and NOTAs (none of the above) are growing rapidly.

Interest in new religious movements (e.g. New Age, Neopaganism) is growing rapidly. In particular, Wiccans are doubling in numbers about every 30 months.

The influence of the central, program-based congregation is diminishing as more cell churches are being created.

Many Christians have left congregations and formed house churches - small groups meeting in each other's homes.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.