Chupacabra sold to creationist museum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bibleland
Skeptic Friend

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  12:14:00  Show Profile  Visit Bibleland's Homepage Send Bibleland a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Skeptic Friends,

I've missed you.
Have a field day with this.

Sincerely,

John F. Adolfi

www.lostworldmuseum.com

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  12:58:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I assume your title refers to this piece, specifically?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  13:02:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Bibleland

Hi Skeptic Friends,

I've missed you.
Have a field day with this.

Sincerely,

John F. Adolfi

www.lostworldmuseum.com
Hi John; we've missed you, too!

So, the Lost World Museum bought the mounted carcass of a mangy coyote, eh? Well, I'm not surprised. Anyone who'd buy into this nonsense will blow the roll on 'most anything. I wonder if they play poker....
Giant Fossil Human Foot Prints: A Colossal Mystery.
In 1976 famed anthropologist Mary Leaky discovered 70 human footprints in stone in Tanzania known as the Laetoli tracks. Leaky felt they looked like they were made by modern human beings, but that created a problem. The depressions left by our ancestors were in a stratum dated at 3.6 million years. No modern human could have laid down that track since we were not around yet according to evolution.

What happens when evidence doesn’t support a theory?

Here is the story of the Laetoli Tracks found by Mary Leakey. And we already know that the Paluxy Tracks are merely dinosaurs. I confess myself slightly surprised that that soggy straw is still being grasped by our creationist brethren.

Thanks for the chuckle!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  14:55:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As far as I know, the Laetoli tracks have always, right from the git-go, been attributed to Australopithecus afarensis , the same species as "Lucy." There is some debate, but no scientists that I know of has considered a modern human as the culprit. And that includes Mary Leakey.

And yet, this is what you put on your site, John.
In spite of Mary Leaky’s declaration of a modern look to the prints, notice what happens when evidence seems to contradict the evolutionary model. Enter the scientists, scrutinizing the prints (as they should) but looking for an alternative explanation – one that will “fit”. Some said the prints resembled a humanoid like creature,. Others thought the prints were from another creature altogether. In the end they concluded that a type of Lucy - half man, half monkey like being were responsible for these tracks. Phew! Evolution was safe again - end of story.

I'm calling this a lie.

Also, please do let me in on the source of your claim that any scientist, who is not a "creation scientist," would say something so stupid as to call Afarensis a "half man, half monkey like being..."

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  18:26:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm calling that Web site a collection of deliberate, outright frauds, leavened with irrelevant minor curiosities like dead, mangy coyotes. Thanks for keeping us up to date on your shameless life's work, Bibleland.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2009 :  07:03:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I need to develop a method of taking dead animals and making creationist hoaxes out of them, to fund the Pleco wants to retire really early charity.

Easy money.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2009 :  07:45:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

That's a hilarious amateur drawing! With a friggin' giant actually striding away, that Creo is just staring at a footprint, wondering what might have made it. That's like symbolic of their moronic thinking.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 09/27/2009 07:46:32
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2009 :  17:13:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Creationist museum's are run buy the same type of con men all world religions are, if the fools are to stupid not to see your bullshitting them, take their money. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

podcat
Skeptic Friend

435 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  22:51:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send podcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"There's a sucker born every minute".

P.T. Barnum did not say that, by the way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There%27s_a_sucker_born_every_minute

“In a modern...society, everybody has the absolute right to believe whatever they damn well please, but they don't have the same right to be taken seriously”.

-Barry Williams, co-founder, Australian Skeptics
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  16:39:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The chupacabra, also known as the "chump-acabra:"

The chupacabra ("goat sucker") is an animal said to be unknown to science and systemically killing animals in places like Puerto Rico, Miami, Nicaragua, Chile, and Mexico. The creature's name originated with the discovery of some dead goats in Puerto Rico with puncture wounds in their necks and their blood allegedly drained. According to UFO Magazine (March/April 1996) there have been more than 2,000 reported cases of animal mutilations in Puerto Rico attributed to the chupacabra.

Forgive me; I'm just bored.....

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Bibleland
Skeptic Friend

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2009 :  11:55:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Bibleland's Homepage Send Bibleland a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Imagine that, we made it in Live Science. Must be something scientifically significant here.
http://www.livescience.com/strangenews/091016-chupacabra-creationism.html
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2009 :  12:11:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Imagine that, we made it in Live Science. Must be something scientifically significant here.
http://www.livescience.com/strangenews/091016-chupacabra-creationism.html
Ha! You missed Radford's main point. Whether you have an actual chupacabra or it turns out to be a coyote, doesn't say anything about the correctness of science. So far, there is no evidence for such a creature as a chupacabra, and if that changes, it doesn't mean science was wrong. All it means is there was, up until now, no evidence for the existence of such an animal.

That's how science works.

Of course, I'm putting the good money on coyote, but really, it would be pretty cool to have solid evidence to back up the discovery of an unknown species of mammalian decent. New species are discovered all the time, but this one would be rather more dramatic than most.

John, you parade your ignorance about science proudly. If you are going to do something, might as well do it right, eh?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2009 :  12:58:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Hahahaha. Radford's column is called "Bad Science," John. The adjective is important.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.