Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  04:51:47  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't be frightened dear, just show us on this anatomically correct doll exactly where the evolutionist touched you....

Evolution can become so ingrained in our thinking that we don’t even notice it. Our government schools and universities are entrenched in evolution, from biology to philosophy and even English class. There is no escaping evolution after we graduate, either. We encounter it in the newspaper, on the radio, on television, and in blockbuster movies. So, how do you know if you’ve been evolutionized? Here are a few questions to find out:

Ok, I don't have an anatomically correct doll -- you're going to have to get your jollies elsewhere. Let us instead proceed with the quiz.

1.Are tribes in the South American rain forest more primitive forms of humans than we are?
2.Did dinosaurs live before humans?
3.Were the people who lived in caves and used simple tools not very intelligent?
4.Did Noah lack special tools or equipment to build the Ark?
5.Are the stars older than the earth?
6.Is there more than one race?
7.Does it take millions of years to form fossils, oil, coal, or diamonds?
8.Did Adam have to learn how to speak, read, and write after he was created?

You may begin.....now!

Pencils down, hand in your papers. Now let us recap.

If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you’ve been evolutionized to some degree, and the more times you responded “yes,” the more evolution impacts your thinking. Evolutionary teaching so permeates our culture that it can affect every area of our thinking, including what we believe about the Bible. This sort of evolutionized thinking has even permeated our churches.

This is the point of our little quiz; evolutionists are everywhere, undermining the very fabric of our blessed, sectarian society and touching innocent minds. Every day godless and demon-possessed creatures such as Dawkins and Myers and Hurd and Platt and Dave W. and da filth are touching and touching and touching and touching, and the secular police refuse to arrest them for their unspeakable perversions!

That is why it is more important than ever for Christians to be discerning and weigh every thought against the truths revealed in God’s Word. If you examine each question more closely, you will see how your answers must be different from evolutionists’ if you start with God’s Word.

It is the duty of Christians to “demolish arguments ... and take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:5, NIV).
Yes! Spot on, but there is a problem: it has proven quite difficult to "demolish" their arguments, and if you start with a fable as your reference, it becomes nigh impossible.

So, that said, let's reach out there and touch someone!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 10/12/2009 05:10:46

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  05:38:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think they got #1 backwards(shocking I know), I wouldnt say they are more primitive, they just don't participate in our absurdities. Also the 'more than one race' could be clearer, I might answer both ways depending on how much my answer might piss off the asker. Diamonds can be created in a lab and there is no evidence that Adam/Noah existed.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  05:55:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1.Are tribes in the South American rain forest more primitive forms of humans than we are?
Of course not you idiot fundies.

Yes, and during our time (birds).

3.Were the people who lived in caves and used simple tools not very intelligent?
On average they were probably more intelligent, because if they were stupid they probably died before they bred. Nowadays we take care of our less intelligent, and we give them names like 'fundie, or 'Bill O'Reilly'.

Of course he did, the Black and Decker dealership hadn't got the right permits to open up there.

Some are, some aren't.

Loaded question. I'm one who says yes, but don't you fundies dare try to say that makes me a racist.

In most cases.

Yep, but it was easy for him because the teacher to student ratio was better then.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  06:30:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How would aneviloutionist answer these questions, anyway?
No.
Yup.
No.
Bad premise, but if the myth originated circa 2,500 BC, then no.
Yup.
No.
Fossils: no. Oil and coal: yup. Diamonds: nobody seems to really know.
Such a bad premise the question is unanswerable.
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you’ve been evolutionized to some degree, and the more times you responded “yes,” the more evolution impacts your thinking.
Crap! I answered affirmatively about three times! Brother filthy, help me, please!

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  07:49:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

How would aneviloutionist answer these questions, anyway?
No.
Yup.
No.
Bad premise, but if the myth originated circa 2,500 BC, then no.
Yup.
No.
Fossils: no. Oil and coal: yup. Diamonds: nobody seems to really know.
Such a bad premise the question is unanswerable.
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you’ve been evolutionized to some degree, and the more times you responded “yes,” the more evolution impacts your thinking.
Crap! I answered affirmatively about three times! Brother filthy, help me, please!
Of course! Where did the evolutionist touch you, dear?

They really are a shitty bunch of questions but one in particular stands out:
6. Is there more than one race?

The term "race" is used to describe peoples of different colors so the correct answer should be "yes." There are a number of races and many folks in between. If the question involved species, the correct answer would be "no" with reservations. Reservations because there have been quite a few Homo species before our bad selves.

Another is this, little gem

This infers that "primitive" = "stupid," and the rain-forest one does the same. However, the rain-forest guys are H. sapiens just like us, whereas the prehistoric cave-dwellers were a variety of related species.

I'll leave it up to others to comment upon the intelligence of the modern cave-dwellers so often found writing religious propaganda.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  08:50:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My gosh! I've been evolutionized!!!! How did they get to me? I did my best to not learn a fucking thing, and they still got to me!

I'm so glad I took this little quiz before it was too late. Christ on a bike, I've got me some unlearning to do...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  09:33:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I HAVE BEEN EVOLUTIONIZED......NOW I MUST TOUCH YOU!

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  11:29:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. Are tribes in the South American rain forest more primitive forms of humans than we are?
Biologically, no. In terms of their scientific knowledge, yes (except when compared to Creationists).
2. Did dinosaurs live before humans?
Obviously.
3. Were the people who lived in caves and used simple tools not very intelligent?
Depends on which people in which caves you mean. Most were probably way ahead of modern Creationists, being unburdened by slavery to scripture and priests.
4. Did Noah lack special tools or equipment to build the Ark?
Certainly. Moses and his people were neolithic-to-bronze age desert nomads, with little or no knowledge of watercraft. Besides, nobody in the world at that time could build a wooden ship of that size. It's possible a seaworthy wooden craft that immense still could not be built, even with modern tools.
5. Are the stars older than the earth?
Many are, some aren't.
6. Is there more than one race?
"Race" is not a scientifically valid word. There now is one species of humans. These days, the term "race" is increasingly reserved for use by racial bigots and/or fundamentalists.
7. Does it take millions of years to form fossils, oil, coal, or diamonds?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. (Diamonds aren't fossils, by the way.)
8. Did Adam have to learn how to speak, read, and write after he was created?
Adam who? Adam West? I suppose he must have. Humans don't learn language on their own.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 10/12/2009 11:31:56
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  12:37:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wait a minute - wasn't the Bible itself "evolutionized"? First as a loose collection of legends written in Hebrew and Aramaic. Then evolving by later adding the New Testament books, not to mention the 'cutting room floor' of various apocrypha edited or removed over the years because it didn't fit the politics of the time. Now there's the King James version in English. Of course, not "evolving" on its own like life does, but evolving in a sense as a reaction to external historical needs and pressures.

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  12:45:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you can just get your mind together
Then come on across to me
We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise
From the bottom of the sea
But first, are you evolutionized?
Have you ever been evolutionized?
Well, I have....

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 10/12/2009 12:45:38
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  12:57:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The questions (par for the course) are loaded.

They are like asking, "When did you stop beating your wife?" Evangelists commonly use loaded questions to channel discussions toward their preset assumptions. This is a semantic and psychological trick.

Any time fundies, evangelists, or Creos use a yes/no question format, they are trying to trap you, to limit you to their "Newspeak" vocabulary, and to force you toward their presumptions. If you reply at all, be forthright in rejecting their efforts at channeling your answers, and, more significantly, your thoughts.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  16:22:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ken Ham hisowndamnself has some relatively unscrambled thoughts on the matter of questions. As might be expected, he's peddling AiG literature to the already convinced, but it's an interesting read nevertheless.
I had just given a presentation on the campus of Cardiff University in the country of Wales. I’ll never forget it. A young man who had been in the audience came down to the front to speak to me. He leaned forward on the high bench at the front of the auditorium, looked at me, and exclaimed: “Man . . . that was radical!”

I asked, “What was so radical?”

He replied, “Christians having answers!”

Looking back over 30 years of speaking on creation vs. evolution, I have noticed that after most talks, a long line forms with people wanting to ask questions. From the beginning of our speaking ministry, I began to see a pattern. Wherever I spoke, regardless of the country, people were asking the same basic questions:

#9632;Where Did Cain get his wife?
#9632;Who made God?
#9632;How did Noah fit the animals on the Ark?
#9632;Why Christianity? Why not Buddhism?
#9632;Does it really matter if Christians believe in millions of years and evolution?
#9632;How do you know the Bible is true?
And there were many more!

Back in the ’80s, I thought it would be a good idea to compile the most-asked questions (and their answers) and publish them in a booklet. The first Answers Book was born. It quickly became extremely popular.
Yes, many more indeed and you have yet to come up with any answers that aren't based on the supernatural and are therefore nonsense. And I must ask; popular with whom?

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2009 :  02:56:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote

No. Their technological culture might be considered more primitive, but not biologically.

Yes.

Compared to what? Certainly not less intelligent than any AiG-staff.

No. But he lacked the technology to make it sea-worthy.

Yes.

Yes, Formula 1 has many races, at least one on each continent. Dogs have many races. What kind of race are you talking about? Oh, human? According to Christian doctrine, yes.

Naturally? Yes.

Biblical Adam? No idea, I don't think the Bible says anything either way. "Adam" as in early Homo Sapiens? Yes, of course.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2009 :  03:03:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner
Many are, some aren't.

DOH!

As an amateur astronomer, I should have caught this one. Actually, all Class O and B stars are younger than earth. Most class F stars as well. About half of all class G too, since our solar system is about middle aged. All red super-giants come from heavy, short-lived stars.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 10/13/2009 03:04:43
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2009 :  09:20:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Originally posted by HalfMooner
Many are, some aren't.

DOH!

As an amateur astronomer, I should have caught this one. Actually, all Class O and B stars are younger than earth. Most class F stars as well. About half of all class G too, since our solar system is about middle aged. All red super-giants come from heavy, short-lived stars.
I only barely realized that in time to correct my first answer. One does generally tend to think of stars as older than earth, but indeed it's not always so.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2009 :  09:34:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From an astronomical viewpoint, it might be interesting to collect a list, and photographs of, celestial events that took place about 6,000 years ago, at the supposed time Biblical Creation happened. And then show how those events were the result of previous stellar evolutions. This would require limiting the observed events to a sphere about 6,000 light years in radius from earth.

It'd just be nice to show the Creationists just exactly what was really going on in our stellar neighborhood while Yahweh was making Adam out of mud.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds.