Everyone gotta be gay, sez Family Research Council
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  05:37:32  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We already know they're stupid, so they must be getting crazier. Wasn't sure that was possible.

Family Reserach Council Claims Obama Has A ‘Plan’ To ‘Impose Homosexuality’

Earlier this month, the far-right Family Research Council (FRC) sent a fundraising action alert fearmongering about the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA), which has been introduced in both the House and Senate and President Obama says he is “pushing hard to pass.” “This law would punish anyone in the workplace who dares oppose homosexual behavior, cross-dressing and other unhealthy behaviors,” said the FRC alert.

In a four-page solicitation letter mailed to supporters this month, which was obtained by ThinkProgress, the conservative organization went even further in its rhetoric, claiming that President Obama wants to “impose homosexuality and silence Christianity in workplaces”:

These frightened, sniveling twits, many of whom are doubless so deep in the closet that they are on a first-name basis with the dust-bunnies, will go to any length, stoop to any lie to pry funds from their fellow travelers. Led by Tony Perkins, a blatherskite extraordinaire, they pollute the national discourse like nothing else could.

It would be funny if it weren't so brain-dead pathetic.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Hal
Skeptic Friend

USA
302 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  07:55:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Hal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Over the years I've become somewhat more sympathetic to the claims of closeted religious homophobes. It's entirely unscientific, but the occasional "outings" of high-profile church leaders, and more importantly, the numerous incidents involving people I've known personally (from my church-raised youth), have begun to make an impression on me.

Fortunately, most of the people I've known in church leadership who've come out in recent years have done so voluntarily, and happily, and seem to be moving on with their lives in peace.

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for contributing the word "blatherskite" to my vocabulary. I hope to work it into some business correspondence very soon.

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  13:42:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hal.....

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for contributing the word "blatherskite" to my vocabulary. I hope to work it into some business correspondence very soon.
Yeah, it's a great old British derogative. If you really want to decorate your business correspondence, here are some more gems; rodomontade, fanfaronade, vaporer, tufthunter, brazenface, gasconade, chutzpanik, fucking asshole.

Try not to offend your business associates.
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  21:01:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My mum uses 'blatherskite' all the time!

And fuck the FRC.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  04:47:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If it's American business correspondence, "Poltroon" and "Rapscallion" might come in handy as well.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.