Havin' a whiny Chrisrmas!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  05:23:37  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do not celebrate the Christian seasonal ceremonies, although I think the lights are very pretty, albeit a bit garish. To me, the Winter Solstice has a lot more meaning, but if you want to call it Christmas, that's fine in my book.

But that's neither hyar nor thar with FOX douchebags such as O'Reilly, who, a few years ago, found himself a Cause to pursue.

That's right folks, the War on Christmas has lived to bluster another day! And it's even better than yesterday's 'cause now the low-life atheists are ruthlessly tormenting a *gasp* baby -- oh the humanity!
O’Reilly: ‘How do you sell atheism by running down a baby?’

By Stephen C. Webster
Saturday, December 5th, 2009 -- 10:38 pm

Every year, the so-called "war on Christmas" gets more and more absurd. This year, the man who arguably created said "war" is making sure to take the rhetoric to record levels of absurdity.

"How do you sell atheism by running down a baby?" he asked during a Dec. 3, 2009 broadcast, discussing a pro-atheism advertisement taken out by the American Humanist Association.

Joined by fellow Fox News personalities Margaret Hoover and Gretchen Carlson, O'Reilly mocked the association's ad as "anti-God," and his guests joined suit.

"This is a direct and deliberate smear against Christianity," said Carlson. "Do you think they would do this ad in July?"

"Do you think they would do it against Allah on Ramadan?" O'Reilly asked. "I don't think so! No."

Not giving more of a rat's ass about Allah and Ramadan than I do for the Christian counterparts, I probably wouldn't bother unless confronted. Muslims do not confront me nearly as often as Christians.

I don't believe that the American general public is stupid enough to buy into O'Reilly's bluster, except in Oklahoma. They listen to him because he has a certain attraction, rather like a car crash on the freeway where the ambulance guys seem to be in no hurry.

Anyhow, we're at war again, or at least O'Reilly is. That's become the joy of his season and he's going to milk it like an eight-titted cow. I look forward to being amused as I read of his marvelous whines.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  07:06:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's the way one of our local radio personalities sees it:

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/issuesideas/story.html?id=53b7e06e-2fe8-4bba-a1c6-3e51e8888e57

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  07:44:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by The Rat

Here's the way one of our local radio personalities sees it:

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/issuesideas/story.html?id=53b7e06e-2fe8-4bba-a1c6-3e51e8888e57
Good link, Rat, and historically sound. When you come right down to it, the season is every body's celebration and not exclusive for anybody.

The buffoon O'Reilly and his FOXnoise fellow-travelers can go piss in their collective hat.

A Pagan Tree

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.