General Discussion
 Atheist Apocalypse
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

drma55
Sockpuppet

1 Post

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  03:10:29  Show Profile Send drma55 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As always, if you suspect that the person posting is using a sockpuppet identity, please don't respond. The OP in this thread was started by Dennis Markuze aka David Mabus. Dave caught him in the act of trying to register last week. But here he got through. He is permanently banned from SFN and from every other skeptic site on the internet, and for good reason. He's a total psycho, and possibly dangerously so. I have deleted his post because he does not have our permission to post anything here.

Kil

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  04:23:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to SFN drma55!

Crystalinks.com is an interesting site. It is owned by a professional psychic and contains a lot of woo (and Ms. Crystal's rates), but there is some excellent information buried in it, here & there. Unfortunately, the Quatrains of Nostradamus are not among that info. He too, was a fraud, albeit an heroic one during the Plague. In his declining years, he spent his time casting astrological tables for the wealthy. He was very lucky in that, having annoyed the Church, he didn't end up in prison or worse.

I've read a translation of the Centuries and found them to be gibberish that could mean almost anything the reader desires. They certainly are not in any way predictive, nor do they make a good reference for much of anything.

I don't think we atheists have anything to fear from them.

Is it just me, or have we been down this road before? Do you think that Randi owes you the million $ prize?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  07:41:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nostradamus, December 1503 – July 1566, Wrote around 500 quatrains.

These quatrains were written as predictions of events to come. In the last 440 plus years, would anyone care to fathom a guess as to how many events all ready passed they have been alleged predictions of? I predict, in another 443 years they will still be referred to as predictions of events passed today and into their future. I also predict lying confidence men will still be scamming the gullible of their cash in the name of Religion. You heard a fool and his money are soon parted, there's this book for sale " The writings of Nostradamus" SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

dmab88
Sockpuppet

2 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  02:22:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dmab88 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[Deleted - Dave W.]
Go to Top of Page

dmab88
Sockpuppet

2 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  02:24:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dmab88 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[Deleted - Dave W.]
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  03:50:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh he's that one! I remember now.

As Dipshit Mabus has managed to fuck up the
format so badly that the thread is unreadable, why not
dump the whole thing along with him. If anyone wants to
argue Nosty's evidently immortal, little scam, they
can start another.

Buh-bye, Dipshit!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 12/08/2009 03:51:39
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  05:33:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, Markuze, you miserable, mortal food for worms. This is the "Atheist Apocalypse":

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 12/08/2009 05:41:02
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.