General Discussion
 Don't lie to nazis to save a Jew---AIG's morality
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  11:19:57  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
NSFW Profanity ahead....

Well, this...ah. Just read it for yourselves.

Consider this carefully. In the situation of a Nazi beating on the door, we have assumed a lie would save a life, but really we don't know. So, one would be opting to lie and disobey God without the certainty of saving a life-keeping in mind that all are ultimately condemned to die physically. Besides, whether one lied or not may not have stopped the Nazi solders from searching the house anyway.

As Christians, we need to keep in mind that Jesus Christ reigns. All authority has been given to Him (Matthew 28:18), and He sits on the throne of God at the right hand of the Father (Acts 2:33; Hebrews 8:1). Nothing can happen without His say. Even Satan could not touch Peter without Christ's approval (Luke 22:31). Regardless, if one were to lie or not, Jesus Christ is in control of timing every person's life and able to discern our motives. It is not for us to worry over what might become, but rather to place our faith and obedience in Christ and to let Him do the reigning. For we do not know the future, whereas God has been telling the end from the beginning (Isaiah 46:10).

Just bloody pray that you never have to rely on a creationist to lie in order to save your life from someone who wants to kill you!

Why the FUCK not? They fucking lie about everything else! Jesus!

(from PZ Myers)

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

Edited by - the_ignored on 11/13/2009 11:26:45

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  12:10:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But the morality here is objective and absolute. Gotta be the right thing to do.

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  13:51:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From the Creation "Museum" to the tripe they publish on their website, AiG lives in a vortex of so many lies that it's a wonderment they can keep track of them. They are really in no position to advise others on the topic of lying, unless it is to encourage it.

But I am reminded that the Vatican had something of a similar attitude toward the Jews when it was sucking up to Hitler.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 11/13/2009 13:53:13
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  23:34:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is one of the most obscenely offensive things I've ever read. It is nothing less than a modern American xtian presenting a religious argument for collaborating with the Holocaust. I cannot imagine a worse choice for a "morality" lesson, because this lesson only proves Bodie Hodge is totally without a moral compass.

If there were ever a better better example of the absolute evil of so-called "absolute morality," I've not seen it. There's no nicer way of putting this: Bodie Hodge is an anti-Semitic scumbag who would have been seen as a loyal "good German" by the Nazis.

His attack on lying to save Jewish lives from Nazis is especially ironic in that Hodge is one of the most vociferous liars among that infamous pack of liars, the Creationists.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  04:49:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ken Ham Cries Us a River!

Seems an atheist group erected a billboard (on private property) in Cincinnati, indeed right on his doorstep, and it's message poured a dollop of turpentine into Kenny's sanctimonious skivvies, inspiring a rant. And what pray, did this abomination say to cause such a reaction? Well:

Don't Believe in God? You Are Not Alone.

Oh, the humanity! Won't someone please, think of the children?!
Atheists Can Be So Inconsistent

November 12th, 2009 in Current Issues in the World, Thoughts and Things.

One of the news items from our local area this week started with the headline:

“Godless” Billboard Going Up in Cincinnati.

The item continued:

“Don’t Believe In God? You are not alone.” [sic] are the words featured on the billboard on Reading Road at 12th Street, one block south of Liberty Street. It was placed there by Cin CoR, the Cincinnati Coalition of Reason.

The group says the display is part of a coordinated statewide campaign that includes similar billboards announced today in Columbus and Cleveland. It’s aimed at raising awareness about people who don’t believe in a god.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how anyone could have much of a problem with that. He goes on to describe the fiends responsible, then:
Here is what is interesting about all this: the Free Inquiry Group and the atheist founder of Camp Quest (and a founding member of the Free Inquiry Group) were some of the atheists who demonstrated outside the Creation Museum when it opened in 2007, and also the Free Inquiry Group was the group that initially opposed the first site we had selected for the Creation Museum—and their opposition initially was because we were a Christian group. And the founder of Camp Quest was one who was with nearly 300 atheists/agnostics who visited the Creation Museum in recent times and held a mock communion service outside the gates to openly mock the death and resurrection of our Lord.

Now, America is a country with freedom of religion, and, so, atheists are able to put up these billboards to promote their religion of atheism (yes, it is a religion—a system of belief held to with ardor and faith, and in this case, blind faith). However, it is interesting to note that many people from these atheist groups actively opposed the Creation Museum, demonstrated against it, held up placards at the opening with statements that were personal attacks, and rented a noisy plane to pull a banner over the museum to harass us and accuse us of lying. Many such atheists have written blogs attacking us personally, using vile language and blaspheming God.

Tough titty, Ken, but you see, they were not protesting the Christian myth; they were protesting the fables and outright lies represented by your asinine carny show.

After a little more of the same, he closes with the following devotion:
Devotion
I, even I

(Isaiah 43:11) I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no savior.

The plain truth is that there is just no other hope to be saved from sins, avoid hell, and gain heaven other than through the rejected and despised Lord Jesus Christ.

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for praying,
Ken

Dang! I forgot to pray again.

It is my understanding that the billboard was taken down due to death threats to it's owner. Our Ken failed to mention that.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  18:43:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

That is one of the most obscenely offensive things I've ever read. It is nothing less than a modern American xtian presenting a religious argument for collaborating with the Holocaust. I cannot imagine a worse choice for a "morality" lesson, because this lesson only proves Bodie Hodge is totally without a moral compass.

Bodie Hodge is not the only one. Remember Dan the debunker? That's his reply when that question was brought to him on his blog. My replies follow right aftwerwards.

I remind him in my second reply, of the story of the prostitute who helps hide some of Joshua's spies, lies about their whereabouts then is spared becuase of it.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Edited by - the_ignored on 12/02/2009 19:04:38
Go to Top of Page

Machi4velli
SFN Regular

USA
854 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  19:26:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Machi4velli a Private Message  Reply with Quote

There's no nicer way of putting this: Bodie Hodge is an anti-Semitic scumbag who would have been seen as a loyal "good German" by the Nazis.

It seems he is arguing against lieing in any situation, which means he would also consider it immoral to lie to save a Christian. Unless he is arguing differently for such a situation for Christians or some other group, I fail to see how it is anti-Semitic.

"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people."
-Giordano Bruno

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge."
-Stephen Hawking

"Seeking what is true is not seeking what is desirable"
-Albert Camus
Edited by - Machi4velli on 12/03/2009 19:27:59
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  10:01:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree; Bodie Hodge isn't antisemitic: He's just an idiot. Though not as much as this guy who said that he'd still take the Jews in, ADMIT to the Nazis that he did, and then somehow fight them off for good! He's not done any thinking at all into this.

He also didn't look at the biblical counterexample I gave earlier.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  23:57:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow...this is just stupid. Look at how Dan completely mangles what I said previously.

Fight to the last man? Then the Jews you're "protecting" are dead anyway.

Just throw the Nazis off the damned trail!

How does he do that? He says:

(me): All you've done is needlessly endanger both the lives of the Jews you're hiding, and your family.

Doing the right thing is anything but needless. From that remark it appears that if you were part of the Nazi clan you would be throwing people in those chambers. You know to save your family. Or you would turn away the families pleading for their lives for some help? I would rather risk my entire family then to conform to evil. If that is stupid to you then I want to champion stupid in your eyes.

Amazing, eh? They lie about what you say even when they're talking to you! Is it any surprise that they're so good at misquotes?

Here is my latest reply, where I ask him what the fuck he's doing, lying like that.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Edited by - the_ignored on 12/08/2009 00:05:08
Go to Top of Page

leoofno
Skeptic Friend

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  07:14:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send leoofno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had just read this topic (when it first started) when I saw a program on the History Channel(?) about some WWII pilots who were shot down in the Pacific over Borneo and were being hidden from the Japaneese. The natives in the area had recently been converted to Christianity. Problem was, they were so literal in their Christianity that the the pilots were in danger from them, since they would not agree to lie to the Japaneese soldiers who were coming to search for the pilots. To keep them safe, the pilots had to be brought deep into the jungle where the natives still practiced their "pagan" religion. They were eventually brought to allies.

They survived thanks to the pagans. They would have been captured had they stayed with the Christians. Very interesting.

"If you're not terrified, you're not paying attention." Eric Alterman
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  10:22:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Machi4velli

There's no nicer way of putting this: Bodie Hodge is an anti-Semitic scumbag who would have been seen as a loyal "good German" by the Nazis.

It seems he is arguing against lieing in any situation, which means he would also consider it immoral to lie to save a Christian. Unless he is arguing differently for such a situation for Christians or some other group, I fail to see how it is anti-Semitic.
It's anti-semitic because he places his supposed honesty (and we already know that his honesty is highly selective!) ahead of the lives of Jews. He's probably "anti" a lot of other people, too. I do not say he picks out Jews for special attention, but I do remark on how low on his moral totem pole they seem to be. I've known a fair number of anti-Semites who would never think of doing something that awful to Jews.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 12/08/2009 10:25:44
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  10:45:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

Here is my latest reply, where I ask him what the fuck he's doing, lying like that.
That was pretty brazen of him to totally lie about and turn upside-down a comment that is so easily visible right above his own. Anyone who can try to turn lying to Nazis into being a Nazi under such conditions is probably deranged. That can't even be understood as a lying ad hom, since the evidence against him is right there for all to see.

Bodie must be suffering some mental derangement that is like a reverse hallucination, where the real and clearly visible becomes invisible.

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  12:42:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bodie must be suffering some mental derangement that is like a reverse hallucination, where the real and clearly visible becomes invisible.
Morton's Demon.

Say no more...

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  13:04:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Morton's Demon.

Say no more...
Thanks, Mab! I thought there should be a name for that. Oops, sorry for saying more, nudge nudge.

Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  14:30:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Morton's Demon.

Say no more...
Ditto on the Mooner Thanks. Always something interesting here.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  14:57:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Morton's Demon.
Morton's original description of his demon.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.8 seconds.