Lie of the Year.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2009 :  04:47:29  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That title is a bit fulsome, I think. There are a lot of lies out there of more import than anything the Alaskan Airhead can come up with, even whilst waving her downs baby like a political banner. I would, however give her an unhonorable mention.
WASHINGTON — Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's claim about so-called "death panels" has landed her on the political equivalent of Santa's naughty list: PolitiFact's "Lie of the Year."

Palin earned the dubious honor last week for her Aug. 7 assertion on Facebook that people would face "death panels" under the health care overhaul bill as proposed by the House of Representatives this summer.

It was such a falsehood that the Pulitzer Prize-winning fact-checking Web site gave it a "Pants on Fire" rating on its Truth-O-Meter in August. And this week, Palin's truth stretching was seconded as "Lie of the Year" by an overwhelming 61 percent of PolitiFact readers who cast votes on the editors' pick.

At the time, Palin wrote: "The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their "level of productivity in society," whether they are worthy of health care.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2009 :  12:37:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I was just finishing up with a reply to your post filthy and then I accidentally closed the window, losing the whole thing. It was long and illustrated. Basically, the gist of it is that the goobers who follow Palin don't really care about her lies as long as she promotes getting back to the America they pine for that never existed. They are completely unencumbered by such things as facts. If she is an airhead, she is a canny one, because she plays those goobers like a harp from hell.

They also love her because she either promotes herself as having just stepped out of a Norman Rockwell painting,

or because she is a goobers wet dream.

Liars like Dick Cheney and Ann Coulter, simply can't compete in the twisted facts department. They lack Palin's charisma and they both sneer a lot. The Goobers don't want their liars sneering. They want a cheerleader, mostly. They want someone who can lie about "death panals" and smile at the same time...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.