Brit Hume sez.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  15:13:22  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As everyone but a Himalayan hermit knows by now, Tiger Woods' social score card is almost as good as as any of his golfing ones. It's costing him big-time. But Brit Hume, a FOX "news" ratchet-jaw has the solution for Tiger: Dump that Buddhism crap and come to Jesus!
Buddhism is inferior to Christianity when it comes to forgiveness of sins, according to Fox News pundit Brit Hume. Tiger Woods should turn his back on Buddhism and become a Christian to be forgiven for cheating on his wife, Hume told Fox News' Chris Wallace Sunday.

"The extent to which he can recover seems to me depends on his faith," said Hume. "He is said to be a Buddhist. I don't think that faith offers the kind of redemption and forgiveness offered by the Christian faith. My message to Tiger is, 'Tiger turn to the Christian faith and you can make a total recovery and be a great example to the world."

Yeah, right. That's gonna get him back his family and the staggering amount of cash he'll be losing over his evident stupidity (very smart people can get very stupid, given the opportunity, just like the rest of us). That's if he keeps his nose clean and doesn't give Murdoch's Clown Show more purient stories to obsess over.

The weird side of this is that here we have major news -- yeah, I know -- organization fluffing one religion over all others. That strikes me as being unethicle, if nothing else.

Woods will be forgiven in time's due course. It will probably be soon, the public attention span being what it is. Whether or not he gets his family back remains to be seen, and in any event, the money is gone.

Y'know, I see little to chose from between FOX and any other tabloid trash.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  07:03:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With all the real problems in this world, never before have I been as tired of the celebrity-driven media as I am now. 80 years ago Babe Ruth would regularly skip curfew and head to the nearest brothel where he would sample as many of the employees as he could. In the morning he would purchase some bootleg whiskey with which to wash down his breakfast before staggering in to batting practice. AND NOBODY GAVE A SHIT! It was his personal life and the press stayed out of it. If I were a celebrity the hedge around my property would be poison ivy, let the scum-sucking paparazzi deal with that.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  11:32:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by The Rat

With all the real problems in this world, never before have I been as tired of the celebrity-driven media as I am now. 80 years ago Babe Ruth would regularly skip curfew and head to the nearest brothel where he would sample as many of the employees as he could. In the morning he would purchase some bootleg whiskey with which to wash down his breakfast before staggering in to batting practice. AND NOBODY GAVE A SHIT! It was his personal life and the press stayed out of it. If I were a celebrity the hedge around my property would be poison ivy, let the scum-sucking paparazzi deal with that.

While I would agree that the media has turned tabloid over Tiger I think his biggest downfall was the wholesome image of a happily married family man that he portrayed to the public all while nailing many ho's in private. That is what done him in. Derick Jeter, of the NY Yankees, is well known for dating many many women and he is a golden boy in the press. The difference is that Jeter makes it well known, or at least in no way tries to hide the fact, that he dates many women, while up until a month ago Tiger was out giving public lectures on family values all while he knew that in secret he dated many women. Nailing a bunch of ho's was not what got Tiger in trouble. Hell if that was the case 3/4 of the sporting world would be in damage control mode right now. Nailing a bunch of ho's in secret while preaching family values to the public is/was his downfall.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  13:40:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Bill scott
Nailing a bunch of ho's in secret while preaching family values to the public is/was his downfall.
A number of "Christian" celebrities have done this too, but are/were still in business.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  13:43:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Bill scott

Originally posted by The Rat

While I would agree that the media has turned tabloid over Tiger I think his biggest downfall was the wholesome image of a happily married family man that he portrayed to the public all while nailing many ho's in private. That is what done him in. Derick Jeter, of the NY Yankees, is well known for dating many many women and he is a golden boy in the press. The difference is that Jeter makes it well known, or at least in no way tries to hide the fact, that he dates many women, while up until a month ago Tiger was out giving public lectures on family values all while he knew that in secret he dated many women. Nailing a bunch of ho's was not what got Tiger in trouble. Hell if that was the case 3/4 of the sporting world would be in damage control mode right now. Nailing a bunch of ho's in secret while preaching family values to the public is/was his downfall.
For once Bill, you and I are in agreement. The stench wafting from the situation is from the hypocrisy, and the ill wind spreading it is out of the various "news" rooms (FOX is not alone, no. They are merely the loudest). As for myself, I was weary of it about the second day of it.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  03:37:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tiger isn't even a good Buddhist. Overindulgence in sensual pleasure goes against basic Buddhist ethics. Although there is a sect for almost everything these days.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.